Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-12-14, 07:23 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post

I do know that my discs say "THE ULTIMATE YOGI DVD 1,2,3, etc" in two spots on the back and in all caps, not just "Ultimate Yogi." The booklet and calendar are printed on really sturdy paper. That's why I *think* mine is legit. I'm wondering if the seller had a some legit sets mixed in with the bootleg versions to give the appearance of being a reputable vendor. Unlucky for him, at least 2 people have figured out that theirs were fake.
This is how mine came to but I do have the case that the pocket sleeves fit into also. However, the case is bit different then the YW one I bought directly from Udaya. The case I bought for UY off an Amazon seller is open on both side; whereas the YW one is closed on one side.

Can anyone who bought UY directly from Udaya tell me if the case is opened on one side or both sides?
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 07:58 AM  
Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
This is how mine came to but I do have the case that the pocket sleeves fit into also. However, the case a bit different then the YW one I bought directly from Udaya. The case from I bought for UY off an Amazon seller is open on both side; whereas the YW one is closed on one side.

Can anyone who bought UY directly from Udaya tell me if the case is opened on one side or both sides?
This is what I was trying to explain, poorly.

The UY set I got from Amazon had the discs in the same type of folder held together with two rivets, but they came in a sleeve open on both ends that slides over the DVDs. The UY set from Udaya is in a sturdy box only open on one end, as is the YW set I just purchased from Udaya.

I hope that makes sense.

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows . ~ Buddha
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 08:17 AM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post

The UY set I got from Amazon had the discs in the same type of folder held together with two rivets, but they came in a sleeve open on both ends that slides over the DVDs. The UY set from Udaya is in a sturdy box only open on one end, as is the YW set I just purchased from Udaya.

I hope that makes sense.
My set from Shoestring sounds like the set you got from Udaya; only open on one end.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-14, 02:09 PM  
gmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcrazy View Post
They just sent me a Paypal credit.
They are asking me for my paypal email address and name to locate the transaction. This does not seem necessary. Did they request this from you? thanks!
Old 02-13-14, 02:13 PM  
catcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmac View Post
They are asking me for my paypal email address and name to locate the transaction. This does not seem necessary. Did they request this from you? thanks!
Just my name and date of transaction, they can only search back 2 months so they needed more info.
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-14, 11:28 PM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

Thanks for the heads up re: the bootlegged UY.

I also bought it during that time, from Amazon and ShoeString Bandit. I never even opened it; (and it was the 2nd time I bought it - thankfully, the first one I bought and traded was purchased from DeepDiscountDVD - what is the world coming to when Amazon is selling bootlegs and DeepDiscount is legit.

Anyway, b/c of this thread, I contacted Amazon and have already received a full refund on my CC. They provided the UPS mailing label via email. I mailed it back unopened.

I think if you purchased from Shoestring Bandit, it's highly unlikely that there was a mix of legit and bootlegged copies.

Why would anyone have Bandit in their name anyway?
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 07:39 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post

I hope that makes sense.
Thanks, I was afraid you were going to say that. I bought mine from SerUsman. I think there must've been alot of these sets out there.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 01:52 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbK View Post
Why would anyone have Bandit in their name anyway?
I thought the same!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bootleg, bootlegs, ultimate yogi