Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-13, 03:10 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Blissology or Rudy's Warrior Yoga

Which one should I get? I' so totally spoiled with UY, but I need a little variety.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-13, 05:48 PM  
gmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
Which one should I get? I' so totally spoiled with UY, but I need a little variety.
I don't know about blissology but I received Yoga Warrior for Christmas and love what I previewed and am looking forward to starting it. I also love UY!
Old 12-29-13, 05:55 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I don't have Rudy's Warrior and I have UY but haven't tried it yet. I love Blissology though! It has a nice variety and I like the option to do the full practice or a shorter one.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-13, 06:23 PM  
cecififi

I love blissology. He has short versions of the daily full length workouts and he offers a daily meditation too. He is a cool and relaxed guy who doesn't take himself too seriously. I actually feel better about myself and my life when I do his workouts. I like many yoga instructors but I love eoin Finn. I haven't tried the other one you mentioned . U hope this helps a bit.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-13, 06:58 PM  
Richie

I'd wait to see if 'Deepen Your Practice' with Vytas Baskauskas is a worthy follow-on (?) from UY before I buy another set. That's what I'm going to do anyway. I take it it's not been previewed or reviewed by anyone yet?

This set:
http://www.udaya.com/shop/product-ca...your-practice/
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-13, 07:29 PM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecififi View Post
I love blissology. He has short versions of the daily full length workouts and he offers a daily meditation too. He is a cool and relaxed guy who doesn't take himself too seriously. I actually feel better about myself and my life when I do his workouts. I like many yoga instructors but I love eoin Finn. I haven't tried the other one you mentioned . U hope this helps a bit.
+1. I absolutely love Eoin's vibe. I feel better mentally and physically when I do his workouts, and I love that he has shorter versions because they fit so well into my schedule.
Old 01-01-14, 10:55 AM  
lotusgirl

Blissology is wonderful. I'm a fan of Eoin, thanks to learning about him through VF.
Old 01-01-14, 11:22 AM  
laurajhawk

Blissology is shorter (has quickie & full versions, but even the full practices are shorter than YogaWarrior), somewhat faster (except for the Thursday and weekend practices), has more advanced poses (arm balances), has beautiful scenery, & has meditations for each day.

YogaWarrior 365 has more instruction, during the practices and on the "warrior tips" sections, has more total practices, and is longer (except for the two half-hour bonus practices).

Neither is as physically demanding as UY, Blissology because it's shorter, YW because it's slower.

Eoin's and Rudy's personalities are quite different. I like them both; you may prefer one or the other.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 12:15 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Blissology is shorter (has quickie & full versions, but even the full practices are shorter than YogaWarrior), somewhat faster (except for the Thursday and weekend practices), has more advanced poses (arm balances), has beautiful scenery, & has meditations for each day.

YogaWarrior 365 has more instruction, during the practices and on the "warrior tips" sections, has more total practices, and is longer (except for the two half-hour bonus practices).

Neither is as physically demanding as UY, Blissology because it's shorter, YW because it's slower.

Eoin's and Rudy's personalities are quite different. I like them both; you may prefer one or the other.
+1.

I have both and agree with Laura 100%.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 06:10 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I really like Travis, and also Eoin. I like the mellow vibe I get from each instructor.

UY was one of the best yoga experiences I've had with a dvd set! But, before that I liked Blissology for the beautiful scenery and workout length options.

Not sure Rudy's personality would appeal to me (from viewing the clips.)

Wish Vytas would do a more intermediate practice, as I don't think I'm ready for his Deepen Your Practice set.

Pam

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blissology, ultimate yogi, yoga warrior 365