Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-04-19, 09:56 PM  
geojill

What fitness tracker do you use?

I think I will need to replace my Fitbit Charge 2 soon and it has been an excellent tracker. I got a Charge 3 when they first came out and it was defective so they sent me a replacement...that simply does not like to sync, so I never wear it. I tried again today and still had the same problem. Honestly, I think I should just throw it out.

I am looking for a non-Fitbit replacement. I like tracking steps and sleep the most, and don’t need the functionality of a watch along the lines of the Apple Watch.

I am looking for recommendations for a good tracker that also does sleep, and being waterproof would be a bonus. But it needs to be able to sync without issues. I checked into some of the other Fitbits (Inspire, I think) and I read reviews where others were having sync issues with them, too, so I am wary of spending money on another Fitbit and having it not work.
Old 08-05-19, 04:46 AM  
IceQueen07

I loved my charge 2, but the screen cracked. Hated the charge 3 and like you don’t really need the Apple Watch. I ended up buying a brand new charge 2 off of eBay. It’s an option if you really like the charge 2

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 05:43 AM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
I loved my charge 2, but the screen cracked. Hated the charge 3 and like you don’t really need the Apple Watch. I ended up buying a brand new charge 2 off of eBay. It’s an option if you really like the charge 2
I have actually considered that! It really is a great tracker.
Old 08-05-19, 05:45 AM  
Lannette

I purchased an Apple Watch knock-off during Prime day. I paid $39.99. It’s now $45.99. There had been a 5% coupon. I don’t see it now but coupons come and go. I bought it totally on a whim. I can’t believe how great this thing is. I’ve had a FitBit zip and I think it was a FB One and this thing is heads and heels better than them.

I put a REVIEW on my blog. I need to update it to reflect that the battery is lasting 5-6 days and charging it is really fast.

It uses the VeryFitPro app. The app doesn’t have stellar reviews but it’s been rock solid for me much better than the FitBit app was. I’m using it on an iPhone XR. I wonder if the people having problems might be on Android phones?

If you’re looking to check out a smart watch the price point is certainly right on this one.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 09:51 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Too bad about your Charge 3! I love mine, chose it because it’s waterproof.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-19, 10:47 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
Not trying to hijack exactly, but why didn't you like the Charge 3? I also like mine but mostly it's because the bands are super simple to change and I am all about coordinating my band with my workout clothes.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-19, 01:26 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Jill what did you end up getting? My fitbit one just lost one of it's little charging contacts and won't charge now. I can't complain as I've used this religiously for the last 10 years! I like that I could just clip it on my bra and it was hidden.

Lanette are you still loving your apple knock-off? I'm not sure I could get used to wearing a watch but I'm intrigued! Do you think it would hold up to getting dirty? (I do a lot of gardening, horses and just being outside).
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-19, 03:25 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Lanette are you still loving your apple knock-off? I'm not sure I could get used to wearing a watch but I'm intrigued! Do you think it would hold up to getting dirty? (I do a lot of gardening, horses and just being outside).
I’m still using it and am quite happy with it. Did you just post this question on my blog? If not that’s a crazy coincidence.

I didn’t put a screen saver on mine and I’m always bumping it. There are a couple of small scratches on it. It’s supposed to be water resistant but I forget the particulars. I forgot to take it off before showering once and of course noticed as I was sudsing up and removed it. It was fine. The battery life is still fine and it doesn’t kill my iPhone battery.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-19, 07:25 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Jumping back in this thread because the Charge 3 that I bought in early June is now having problems syncing correctly and now has black lines across the screen. Data is missing, for example on a day that I did two workouts totaling an hour and 30 minutes my active minutes showed as zero. And my hourly movement goals, which I met for the same day, showed no steps during the period.

I contacted CS at fitbit (I bought it directly from them) and after doing a long reboot that didn't change anything, they are sending me a new one. It may be my suspicious nature but it seems they sent me a new one very quickly without a lot of steps to go through. I'm thinking they have heard the same complaint frequently and realize the Charge 3 has some inherent problems. The community forum is pretty brutal about it. It seems to me some of these people should have contacted CS, but then again their trackers could have been out of warranty.

I loved the Charge 2, only got the 3 for the additional waterproof feature. I also figured after 3 years the Charge 2 was reaching the end of its useful life.

I'm very skeptical that the replacement Charge 3 will last as long as the Charge 2 has, and as I understand it the warranty period starts from the original purchase, not the new replacement, so the new one only has to last roughly 6 months to be out of warranty and I am out of luck at that point.

Lannette, I'm interested in the one you purchased. It might be a good alternative for me if the replacement doesn't last. And a less expensive one, for sure.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-19, 08:57 PM  
DebnPhx
VF Supporter

Garmin Vivosmart 4

I had a fitbit flex forEVER and it just died. I needed a replacement that was waterproof and small because I have small wrists. I’ve also had issues with big watches sliding down my wrists and hurting my old hands. This Vivosmart is thin, light, waterproof and it looks cool. Plus I love the phone app.
DebnPhx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitbit, fitbits, fitness tracker, fitness trackers, garmin