Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-18, 09:43 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I am considering a month subscription in Jan or Feb to Cathe Live or KCM. 30-45 min works best for my main workout. Does Cathe have 'enough' workouts in that time range? (I tried searching her site and can't seem to come up with anything.)
There are about 57 workouts in the 33-45 minute range. I have an Excel spreadsheet that lists times and I filtered on that criteria. It's a good mix of upper, lower, total body, and cardio.

You are able to filter the workouts by time in Cathe Live. I do this a lot when I'm short on time and just want to see what's in my time allotment for that day.

HTH.

Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 09:45 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimf View Post
Speaking of Cathe Live, has anyone else noticed or been bothered by the whooping in some of the workouts? I did Pumped Upper Body this morning and whoever it was was yelling through the whole thing, even during the water breaks. It drove me nuts!

I couldn't actually see anyone doing it when the camera shows the class, so maybe it came from elsewhere at the gym?

Having said that, I still looooove Cathe Live!
I'm not sure where that's coming from either! I just ignore it, it doesn't bother me most of the time. They may have other programs going on in the gym behind them.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 01:14 PM  
Rhonda

There was someone on Cathe's forum talking about the whooping and wonder if there was a way to not have that during live as it was distracting. I don't know as I am not on Cathe Live.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-18, 05:06 PM  
kimf
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
There was someone on Cathe's forum talking about the whooping and wonder if there was a way to not have that during live as it was distracting. I don't know as I am not on Cathe Live.
Thanks Rhonda, I rarely go to Cathe's forum so I hadn't seen that. Luckily I don't feel quite as strongly as the poster on there.
kimf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-18, 10:23 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
There are about 57 workouts in the 33-45 minute range. I have an Excel spreadsheet that lists times and I filtered on that criteria. It's a good mix of upper, lower, total body, and cardio.

You are able to filter the workouts by time in Cathe Live. I do this a lot when I'm short on time and just want to see what's in my time allotment for that day.

HTH.

Kathy
Thanks so much! This will make a great present for buffboy to get me at some point - Valentine's Day, Mother's Day - the choices are endless.
Old 12-04-18, 12:44 PM  
kimf
VF Supporter

Buffmama, although many of the workouts are in the 50-60 minute range, a large percentage of them have 10-15 minutes of core at the end, so they are easy to shorten.

She also has a lot of workouts that are half cardio (or lower body, etc) and then half something else. Those are also very easy to split up or shorten.

Lots and lots of options!
Old 12-04-18, 06:36 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimf View Post
Buffmama, although many of the workouts are in the 50-60 minute range, a large percentage of them have 10-15 minutes of core at the end, so they are easy to shorten.

She also has a lot of workouts that are half cardio (or lower body, etc) and then half something else. Those are also very easy to split up or shorten.

Lots and lots of options!
How easy is it to do the second half? I find that digital copy/streaming is harder to fast forward to a spot since it's not chaptered.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-18, 08:00 PM  
kimf
VF Supporter

I can skip ahead with my mouse, but I stream on my laptop and connect to a TV with HDMI cable. Not sure if it is as easy to do if you use a different way of streaming?

Tags
cathe live, cathe live favorites