Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-22-16, 09:29 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Has anyone been using their new Toniques? I am trying to add Tonique back in even though my main focus is still barre and Firms right now.

Today I did Budapest Mat and I really liked it. Beautiful scenery (a bath house), nice music, and tons of mat work. Lots of table work, side leg lifts and pushups (like in one of her Hawaii workouts...Power of You?), and some wall work, with a little plank cardio at the end. I used the wall of my home gym and worked great. It felt a tiny bit easier than The Box workout, which is a pretty similar idea, but Box is a little longer I think. But definitely it focuses on your glutes big time while also working your arms which are basically supporting you for most of the workout on all 4s and for the wall work.

Sylwia recently said on her FB page that she is coming out with MORE new workouts...another Spain series?!?! I must admit I cannot keep up with her new offerings Thrilled she keeps making new offerings though
Old 09-22-16, 09:33 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Waves to casey and carb from our old Tonique checkin!

bjammin13 that sounds like a tough, satisfying rotation! My body loves Tonique too, in fact anything high rep for my lower body.
Old 09-25-16, 05:23 PM  
casey

Hi Ebianco!
Well based on your recommendations, plus Helen, I got Infinity 2, Prague Girls 2 and Vienna. I loved all three so much. The scenery, the music, the vibe, all of it. She's so positive and it's not so killer even though it's really challenging. I'm very sweaty when I'm done, for sure.

Last night I ordered Infinity 1 & 3 and today I did Infinity 3. I loved it. I did the wall work on a chair. That's great to read that you enjoyed Budapest Mat, yes I like Power of You from the Hawaii workouts too.

I noticed yesterday that her Japan workouts are no longer on her site. Maybe she can only put up a certain number of workouts? I was considering Spain Whipped but then just got the Infinities. I don't have Japan and only have Zen from Spain, which is killer. There's no way I can do the whole thing even though it has some amazing moves in it. I have a break down of it but I always do other ones.

I'm so happy with her new workouts. I do tonique and ballet body downloads, mostly. Some Cathe, and Squeeze Stronger, and occasionally Body Beast as my dh is doing that now.

Take care! Casey
casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-16, 09:46 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi casey! I'm so glad you are enjoying all the new Toniques! The Japan workouts are 30 minutes or less, so they are further down the page under the "Express" workout section According to my notes I loved Tokyo Express and the other two were good but not favorites. I've got to revisit them and work through all her new stuff!

I just LOVE that Sylwia is so positive, optimistic, and authentic in all her workouts

I'm still doing tons of barre too! Less of Ballet Body or Squeeze right now and more of the new "results" Pure Barre DVDs and Barlates. I get on my kicks and move around to different instructors. I did tons of P57 last month and OD'd on them haha.
Old 09-26-16, 11:40 AM  
Carb8985

Hi! I also went ahead and bought all the new Toniques and have been doing Tonique exclusively for the last couple months. I work out 5x/week with two rest days. I try to alternate lower body focused Toniques (Prague Girls, Vienna) with those more focused on upper body (Budapest Mat, Budapest, etc.). I'm loving these new workouts. So creative and fun! Some of the moves are complex and took me a minute to figure out, but this went away after the first time I did the workouts. My favorites of the new workouts are Infinity 2 and Prague Girls. What I love about Tonique is that each workout hits everything. I never feel the need to add anything else on. I get nice and sweaty from each workout, and I never feel sore!
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tonique