Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-01-16, 05:02 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Pie ~ You stated you've done 4 rounds of 21DF. What have your results been? I'm really liking what I see, but I've felt this way before and regretted the purchase of other fitness programs.

I'm currently using Les Mills Combat. I really like it and can modify without feeling like I'm missing out.
I normally lose a few pounds each round and I feel so much healthier. My problem is that I don't do them consecutively. In between each round, my diet is terrible, so I'm constantly losing the same few pounds. I really need to get my act together. I'm actually considering starting another round tomorrow....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-16, 05:06 PM  
TinaT

Thanks Pie for sharing your results. Moving the scale even a little for me, would be amazing! Getting it to budge has been hard, but I'm not giving up.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-16, 09:53 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
dnna ~ I'm 51 and you have just inspired me to give it a try! I'm actually wanting to use the containers. I used to weigh, measure, and journal my intake. I lost over 50 lbs but all that work became tiring. Putting it in the containers takes a lot of the work out of the process and simplifies it.

And I love 30 minute routines. Exactly what I need. I will do 45 minutes now and then, but not daily.
I got the set in a trade without the containers. I did one or two of the workouts then went back to my usual strength training. I didn't hate them but I really have not been doing videos as much as paper strength training programs.
Anyway I got the containers in a trade and all I can say is I definitely got the short end of that trade. The containers are TINY. I mean even the green one which is for veggies is unbelievably small. If you followed that eating plan you would most certainly lose weight however I would be hungry all the time.

I might try the workouts again. I haven't done much in the last few weeks due to injury, then illness, then traveling most of last week with DDs robotics team trip. I have been a total slug and need to get back to doing something.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-16, 10:28 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I got the set in a trade without the containers. I did one or two of the workouts then went back to my usual strength training. I didn't hate them but I really have not been doing videos as much as paper strength training programs.
Anyway I got the containers in a trade and all I can say is I definitely got the short end of that trade. The containers are TINY. I mean even the green one which is for veggies is unbelievably small. If you followed that eating plan you would most certainly lose weight however I would be hungry all the time.

I might try the workouts again. I haven't done much in the last few weeks due to injury, then illness, then traveling most of last week with DDs robotics team trip. I have been a total slug and need to get back to doing something.
The containers are no more than measuring cups with lids. I bought 21DF and 21DFX from Mary @totalfitness as soon as each was available, but I immediately traded the containers each time. Here's a breakdown of the colors/sizes: scroll down to bottom of page -
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...=200362&page=3
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-16, 07:54 AM  
TinaT

Thanks for the link. I go back and forth about it. One day I'm ready to order, then the next day not too sure. I have some great workouts I'm using now, so justify more is also something I'm weighing out.
Old 05-03-16, 09:53 AM  
Jenmgo

The containers are deceiving
They do look small but once you plate it out it's actually quite a bit..at least for me
I can't always finish all the foods I'm supposed to
I think it's a really good program and I never starved or felt hungry but everyone is different
I have a page on Facebook where I post lots of great healthy recipes that are fix approved. Anyone interested can message or email me
I am happy with the fix extreme program and meal plan
I do mix up my workouts once I finish a rotation just because I like variety but I'm able to stick to this rotation just fine
Old 05-03-16, 03:01 PM  
TinaT

One of many things I love about this place is that we can process our thoughts. Since I've been able to ask questions and let people share its brought to a place of deciding to pass on this set for now. I really took a good look at what I have, and it's a nice collection of workouts. I've done LM Combat for a while and enjoy it. Along with SB, CS, TL, to name a few.

Thank you all for helping me!!
Old 05-03-16, 04:34 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Tina, you had expressed interest in the simplicity of the container system - for which you need neither containers nor 21 DF. You've seen the post translating the containers into measurements. Here's a simple chart for your caloric needs, without counting calories.

containers.........1200-1499 .......1500-1799.....1800-2099......2100-2300 calories
green..................... 3................ 4 .....................5..................6
purple......................2.................3... .................. 3..................4
red..........................4.................4.. ....................5..................6
yellow......................2.................3... ...................4..................4
blue.........................1.................1.. ....................1..................1
orange......................1.................1... ...................1..................1
teaspoon...................2.................4.... ..................5..................6

the teaspoon is a regular teaspoon. It measures fats: oils and nut or seed butter
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-16, 05:41 PM  
TinaT

Thank you... I appreciate the break down.

Tags
21 day fix, autumn calabrese, beach body, containers