Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-03-15, 01:18 PM  
lorajc

Does Anyone Have Breakdown's Of Tonique DVD's?

Hi,

I'm just starting to explore all of my Tonique DVD's. Today I did Hawaii Sunrise Body Rock - modified for my injuries of course....but to my amazement, I found lots of ways to modify, specifically elevated up on the edge of my Rebounder for a lot of the down dog moves.....so it wasn't so hard on my shoulders if anyone's interested and I switched leg's if it got too intense while I'm acclimating to these.

Anyway, I was wondering if there is anywhere I can go to read about what the different segments on each DVD contain as far as workout material? so I know what to expect for each workout?

Thanks in advance. I know we have some Tonique ladies around here!
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-15, 02:46 PM  
rickets
VF Supporter

I have a very detailed breakdown for the original Tonique, but my formatting doesn't translate if I cut and paste it here (I have it in tables in a Word doc). If anyone is interested, you can message me and give me an email address and I can send it either as an attachment or pasted-into the body of the message in regular email.
rickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-15, 11:36 AM  
desie

Tonique incorporates more upper body strength in the newer workouts. The oldest workouts spend the least amount of time on the hands. I prefer to just work my legs in a tonique workout, and I also prefer not to spend a long time on one leg. My favourites then are:

Tonique Premier - this workout is chaptered!

Cardiomat - I do about 50 minutes, it runs for 70 min I think

Born to Move 1.2 and Born to Move 2.0 sometimes. I have never been able to do more than the first 16 minutes of BTM 1.1 - requires too much glute power.

Femme Fatale Phase 3 - this workout goes at a measured pace that I can keep up to, and has lots and lots of handstands, but I love mastering perfect balance on my hands.

Euphoria from Hawaii - this one has down dog at the end, but otherwise you get to workout upright. Beach Beautiful is another mostly upright one.

Addicted to Movement - the first 40 minutes. The second 40 minutes is a real mixed bag of plank, mat work, and back to intense cardio, and I'm not able to do intense cardio after a long section of mat work - my body doesn't like to rev up again at the end.

I like all 4 sculpt and cardio sculpt downloads. These are kind of intense but short and I always feel proud of my effort. The cardio sculpts require time on the hands.

All the beach downloads from her you-tube channel. They are short, I do them all in one workout, but they are not hard and I get a small break as they each load.

I don't do any of her other workouts because either they are too hard for my fitness level, or they are too plank/down dog intensive.

Hope that helps some.

Oh yes, here is a link to Tonique workouts listed by length. It doesn't have Costa Rica on it. Maybe you can use it as a base to make your notes about the workouts.
http://www.forum.videofitness.com/sh...d.php?t=209640

Last edited by desie; 09-04-15 at 11:42 AM. Reason: add link to Tonique thread
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-15, 06:30 PM  
lorajc

Unfortunately, A LOT of instructor's tend to be incorporating more and more moves in plank and down dog and they are very hard on my injury (disc hern) especially if its one workout after another because I don't know what's coming.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-16, 03:23 PM  
Missiscipi

Thanks for this Desie. I have disc herniations in my low back and any moves that involve bending over such as downdog are a big no no. Now I know which ones are safe. I am curious about the newest ones.
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tonique