Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-15, 10:54 AM  
marmur1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilypad View Post
I did UY 4 weeks everyday. I loved it and I still do 3 of the workouts a week. I rotate them in order of the rotation. My favorites are Crosstrain, Strength, and Cardio. The rest are AWESOME too but those are my favorites. I found it really hard to find that 1 hour plus just to do it so that's why I stopped doing it everyday. In my current situation it's difficult for me to find that 1 hour of uninterrupted time to practice. One day I will have time to do as I please until then I'll just keep doing what I can. Thanks for asking!
This was exactly my experience. I LOVED the set but the daily time commitment was just too much for me at this stage (with toddler in tow). I saw and felt results in the 3 or so weeks that I followed the rotation and still pull my favorites out occasionally, but I'm in the 30-45 minute workout time camp most days so it was too much for this stage.

Highly, highly recommend the set, though. I hope you love it!!!
Old 09-22-15, 10:54 AM  
marmur1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I would absolutely love it (pay double!) if he would do UY2 and make it all half hour practices.You can find short yoga practices but an entire well thought out program/rotation from an excellent teacher who can cue would be a dream

Oh YES!!!! Would pay through the nose for a program like that!
Old 09-22-15, 11:04 AM  
Lilypad

I also purhased Short & Sweet and I do those when I only have like 30-40 minutes. They too are awesome!
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-15, 01:08 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I would absolutely love it (pay double!) if he would do UY2 and make it all half hour practices.You can find short yoga practices but an entire well thought out program/rotation from an excellent teacher who can cue would be a dream
Have you tried Blissology?

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-15, 01:57 PM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmur1 View Post
Oh YES!!!! Would pay through the nose for a program like that!
Me too! I have Blissology and while I like it, it is different. I didn't care for Short and Sweet.

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-15, 04:11 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale K. View Post
Me too! I have Blissology and while I like it, it is different. I didn't care for Short and Sweet.
Just could never get into Blissology the same way and Short & Sweet was so boring. Would love a well-balanced set with short enough sessions so that I could continue my other rotations and just have yoga in the evening.

Blissology was a good suggestion though---I had high hopes for it and tried twice to get inspired with a rotation.
Old 09-23-15, 09:02 AM  
hotncmom

I started back with the UY rotation this weekend. I did miss Sunday because it was just too busy. I've been doing shorter workouts for a while and not getting the results I want, so I figured it's time to bite the bullet and make the time for the hour-long practices + walking every day.

I pulled out all of my yoga DVD's and looked at them, and UY is the only set where the instructor also tells inspiring stories. I know I'll hear that elephant story 50 times by the time I finish a rotation, but Travis offers more than just great instruction and that seems to be what I need right now.

Having exercise ADD, I reserve the right to add or substitute other workouts to balance out all the yoga, so it may take me 158 days instead of 108 days, but I'm determined to follow through with the rotation. I am not planning to do the Hardcore or Mountain Pose workouts - just the main yoga practices.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-15, 09:39 AM  
rosepetals

I loved the program. I found lots of improvement in strength and flexibility. It taught me to relax more and new breathing techniques that I haven't done before.

In the beginning, I would have to pause the video around 20-30 minutes. As my strength improved, I was able to complete the whole workout without pausing. I have MS, so I take breaks when needed. I also did not do the program daily, as I needed time for my muscles to recover. I love the workouts. They are tough, but they are more than workouts. The mental peace you get when you do them rolls over to making the rest of your life go smoother.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ultimate yogi, ultimate yogi results