Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-16-14, 08:46 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
My lost but not forgotten workout is Your Personal Best with Karen Voight and Elle MacPherson.
This was one of my first region 2 DVD purchases once I converted my DVD player.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 08:50 AM  
Lulu Belle

I had both Cher workouts on VHS that were lead by Keli Roberts. I thought they were so much fun! I would totally do them again if they were on DVD.
Lulu Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 08:55 AM  
twinkletoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Belle View Post
I had both Cher workouts on VHS that were lead by Keli Roberts. I thought they were so much fun! I would totally do them again if they were on DVD.
Yes! I still do Cher's step video. Having it on DVD would be awesome because of the lower body workout after the step portion. (You wouldn't have to forward through the step workout).

Also, Kathy Kaehler's Fitness System. I know it's a beginner workout but there could be so much chaptering on that one and so many ways to mix and match.
Old 03-16-14, 08:58 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
Pretty much anything released by Minna Lessig (although it was all released on DVD). I have no idea why everything she ever made went out of print. I really wanted 1 minute body, but it seemed to be released and then go out of print within three months or something, and then every copy I ever found was more than I am willing to pay. Oddly, I just checked Amazon.com for it and there is a seller offering it for $11 currently, but like so many independent sellers on Amazon now, they refuse to ship to Canada. And on Amazon.ca it's $43.

I first heard about Cory Everson's Get Hard Arms and Shoulders when I was in the process of getting rid of my VHS tapes and player and converting to DVD. I just assumed that it would eventually get released on DVD and kept waiting and waiting and waiting (and I'm still waiting).
Minna is one of my favorite instructors, once I saw that One Minute Workout was available for a decent price again (here in the states anyway), I pounced on a copy of it. It was only around for a couple of years before it went out of print. Too bad it's so pricey in Canada!

I think she is done making videos too which is too bad, I will say that OMW is the only one of hers I really clicked with though. I have her Tank Top Arms w/o too and it's decent but I don't reach for it as much. I think I bought it because she appears to have retired from the video industry.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 09:01 AM  
blessed_mom_to_3

Gin Miller's Aerostep and another by her, Best of Step Reebok TV. (A very kind VF'er transferred Aerostep to dvd for me though!)
blessed_mom_to_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 09:52 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I wish Kari Anderson's older videos (Fitness Formula, Two The Max, Tone It Up) could have been transferred to DVD.

There's also a wealth of older CIAs on tape only, although I'm really glad Christi transferred her CIAs to the Humble Beginnings DVD. My favorite is probably Latin Groove with Sherri Jacquelyn. She has an older 3000-series CIA that's also very fun.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 09:55 AM  
horsemom2

HeavyHands Panaerobics
too bad the vhs was just about unknown

Otherwise, I still use VHS and have several vcrs for backups picked up for about $5 at garage sales.
I did capture some VHS files and burned them to dvdr but it was a tedious project and some vhs were already showing distortions.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 10:01 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I think I still have a vhs copy of Denise's Totally Firm. I remember really liking that workout, but I have not done it in a really long time. I have most of Charlene Prickett's workouts, most of which have not been converted to dvd. I still use her cardio workouts a lot. I own 3 vhs players, lol!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 10:03 AM  
Stephanie_B

Offhand Tae Bo Lives. I have all of them still and no working VCR converter right now. I even have burned the 30 minute ones to DVD so I do have them, but now I rarely use them...maybe I will today.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 10:11 AM  
pollytc

Cory Everson! I also had and liked a few step workouts from Lynn Brick. And there was one I had of Karen Voight's that didn't make it to DVD that I used a lot...Strong and Smooth Moves.

Tags
eric nies, hit the spot, of steel, oldies but goodies, seasonal disorder, vf hall of fame, vintage workouts