Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-09, 11:27 AM  
ChrisS

Ebates has a 3% rebate for QVC purchases

I just ordered and got the 3% rebate offered on Ebates.
ChrisS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 11:28 AM  
Carol K

One of the clips includes the warm-up from one of the workouts.
Old 04-15-09, 11:32 AM  
juberann

I don't get the impression that there is no warmup or cooldown in these,either, but I guess we'll find out for sure on Sunday Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 11:35 AM  
TinaT

Here is a quote from her tricep/glute routine:

Quote:
You’ll need to warm up first with some large body motion and I’ve written this so that you can use bands, dumbells or sometimes ankle weights.
Quote:
After you wrap up this circuit, stretch the muscle groups which you focused on and if you wanted to add variation you could easily insert cardio bursts from 1 to 5 minutes or insert ab/core moves.
This makes me believe that not all the workouts have these elements in them. Did I misunderstand what these truly mean?
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 11:53 AM  
juberann

Oh,Tina,I missed that Well, that's a bummer!! I think I can work with it but it would be nice to have a "complete" workout what's up with not including a warmup and cooldown (two VERY important elements of any workout,imo). Oh well, I'll just tack on some Yoga at the end (which will motivate me to keep going with Yoga ).
I do like what I see in the pictures Stephanie has posted,she also mentioned doing standing ab twists, my favorite exercise!! and it looks like her cardio routine is simple, thank goodness so I don't regret,in any way, ordering these but do agree not including a warmup and cooldown (to make a "complete" workout) is a bit of a letdown Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 11:55 AM  
Gymmie

The way I'm reading that post is that she's giving you an *example* of the type of circuit workouts she's putting together and if you did that example, then as a reminder, she's telling you to do your own warm up/cool down.

Also from that same entry:
Quote:
To give you more of an understanding of PowerFit, I wanted to share a circuit with you that is an example of where I’m coming from with the choreography.
“Think about Corey. Right at the finish line and his body gave up after one mile. You’re looking at yourself and if you have 100 plus pounds to lose, your body wants to be healthy.”--Bob Harper on Contestant Corey Pinkerton TBL10

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.

Beachbody Coach
Gymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 11:57 AM  
pattyr

That was a blog entry and she said she was giving us an idea of where she was coming from with the Powerfit workouts. I didn't take that to be "the" workout. I thought it was to serve as an example - something you could do on your own.

Anyway - I caved. I planned to wait for reviews, but... well you know how it goes.
Old 04-15-09, 12:20 PM  
silvil
VF Supporter

Actually, I would like them much more if they did NOT include a warmup and cooldown within the 20 min., so I could have the option of stringing together 2 or even 3 segments without wasting time. I prefer doing my own stretch at the end anyway.

However, that is not my understanding. I think they all do include a WU/CD within those 20 min. I think that she was blogging about her typical circuit workout, that you could do completely on your own without any videos.

I do hope that all 5 workouts are on 1 dvd. I have limited space, and hate wasted packaging in general.

I'm REALLY trying to hold out on these until the on-air presentation, but I don't know if I can wait! Thanks for the Ebates 3% reminder too.
silvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 12:26 PM  
lindseylu8

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvil
Actually, I would like them much more if they did NOT include a warmup and cooldown within the 20 min., so I could have the option of stringing together 2 or even 3 segments without wasting time. I prefer doing my own stretch at the end anyway....
Me too, me too! I always have to ff through w/u's and c/d's when joining w/o's and its a waste of time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvil
I do hope that all 5 workouts are on 1 dvd. I have limited space, and hate wasted packaging in general....
Yes ditto this too! I dont want to waste packaging or space AND it will be easier to combine her w/o's if I dont have to change discs!

That said, I am super excited about the set & just <3 Stephanie as an instructor!

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-09, 12:38 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

At that price it would almost have to be all on 1 disc, wouldn't it?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
powerfit, stephanie huckabee