Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-27-10, 04:16 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
i'm interested in results also. I have always thought there was not enough weight work to do an Ellen rotation soley, but never tried one.
I wouldn't give up my weights work or other forms of cardio, but Ellen is tougher than folks realize. I did Fat Burning Fusion last night and I'm feeling it today...and there are no weights involved and it's kind of more cardio than strength I think. As for "results"...that will only come as I reduce the amount I'm eating
Old 01-27-10, 04:46 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
i'm interested in results also. I have always thought there was not enough weight work to do an Ellen rotation soley, but never tried one.
I think it depends on what results you want, how you eat, how you're built, etc. As I said, I'm a 5'2" medium-framed meso and I rarely use any weights over 5 pounds anymore. I stay at goal weight, have enough muscle tone for my personal preference and eat well, although not perfect. As with anything else, YMMV.
Old 01-28-10, 11:13 AM  
lorajc

I guess I will just add them in here and there for a change then. No rotation for me. I tend to be an ecto on top and meso on bottom. I vary my weight ranges from light to heavy to medium. I need to lose several pounds, but I'm not morbidly obese.....just a bit poochy. My eating is good....but could always be better! I want to try Skinny Sculpt soon though. It looked good on preview.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 08:29 AM  
intelsana

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengirl View Post
I just started the weight loss rotation that she has posted on her blog. I'll let you know how I make out. I'm trying to lose a few pounds before I go for my yearly physical on 2/11.
I am thinking about doing one of her rotations as well. Would you mind sharing your results?
intelsana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 08:49 AM  
goldengirl

None. I did not lose any weight, but I didn't gain any either. I think I need to do more intense cardio if I want to see a drop in pounds.
goldengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 11:46 AM  
SurferGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcjasp View Post
As for "results"...that will only come as I reduce the amount I'm eating
Same here. No matter how often I exercise and kick my butt, I can never seem to get my calories under control. Soooo, the results never come.

I did Zen Sculpt on Wednesday and Slo Robics on Thursday and I'm still incredibly sore. If I was to be able to watch my calories, I can just imagine I would have amazing results.
SurferGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 12:28 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I love Ellen, and usually feel sore after doing her workouts. I'm one of those, too, that food matters more than exercise.

I'm sort of done with big rotations right now. I want to enjoy my workouts as they are stress relief for me, and my break from my kids. I need to like them, not dread them. Ellen makes wonderful, feel good workouts that I come away from refreshed and not run down.

Sometimes I think we put too much emphasis on the workout and rotation. I'm trying to get away from that--just move every day. But I'm at a place where exercise is my hobby and break from my kids!

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 02:28 PM  
sophie kat

Quote:
until two weeks ago i had been doing all ellen and barre workoust since mid-november. i guess that counts as a rotation, right? so here are my results:

i didn't lose any weight with ellen's cardio. i wasn't really looking to lose weight and as long as i didn't go crazy with the eating i maintained, but if i didn't watch what i ate and the portions i would gain. i was a little surprised by how quickly i would gain. i guess the high intensity cardio i was doing before gives me more wiggle room with calorie intake. YMMV.

i am happy with my results, though. i gained flexibility, particularly in my shouders, back, and inner thighs so i'm happy about that. i also feel like i gained a little strengthfrom her non weighted workouts. i feel (a little) stronger now when i do isolation moves in barre work. i really think it's from doing the toning exercises using the full range of motion.

so as you may have guessed, i'm not disappointed by the rotaion or ellen. i still love ellen and her workouts. i think she's a great instructor and fat burning fusion is still my favorite. HTH!

I my VF friends!
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 04:11 PM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I love Ellen, and usually feel sore after doing her workouts. I'm one of those, too, that food matters more than exercise.

I'm sort of done with big rotations right now. I want to enjoy my workouts as they are stress relief for me, and my break from my kids. I need to like them, not dread them. Ellen makes wonderful, feel good workouts that I come away from refreshed and not run down.

Sometimes I think we put too much emphasis on the workout and rotation. I'm trying to get away from that--just move every day. But I'm at a place where exercise is my hobby and break from my kids!

Jackie
I totally agree with you Jackie! I have joined W. W. and have lost 15lbs combined with ellen's workouts- I would say 3 times a week along with maybe 1 firm and 1 step/weights workout a week. I look forward to ellen's workouts like a treat for rejuvination, stretch, strength and light cardio. It works- but for me, I really have to watch what I eat. I used to do much "harder" workouts and didn't really watch my diet much with NO weightloss. I would rather do enjoyable workouts and watch the food!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 05:28 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

While I don't do Ellen rotation per se, I do her workouts at least twice per week. She simply makes me feel good afterwards and I look forward to working out with Ellen. I have accepted that I will not be thin and super-toned, but I want to feel good and healthy and that's exactly how Ellen's workouts make me feel.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ellen barrett, pick your level