Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion > Workout/Fitness FAQs

Old 04-25-03, 06:07 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Is it one DVD or six DVDs?
The Slim Series comes on six separate DVDs. The three Slim in 6 workouts come on one DVD which also includes bonus workouts Slim & Limber and Abs. Those two bonus workouts are also available on the Keep It Up DVD.
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-03, 06:08 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Where to buy?
Slim Series is available through beachbody.com. At the time of this writing, you can receive a discount on them by first going through ebates.com. Infomercials will be airing later on in the year that may also offer a deal on the set.
Old 04-25-03, 06:09 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Who is Debbie Siebers?
http://www.beachbody.com/content/abo...mType=ABOUT_US

http://www.avantifit.com/trainers/debbie.htm
Old 04-25-03, 07:02 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Need more motivation?

from mizach
For some motivation ...
have you checked the Slim in 6 Photo gallery over at beachbody?

http://beachbody.infopop.net/3/Open...64&f=8692924464
Old 04-25-03, 07:05 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Should I bother doing Cool It Off?

from Martha Edington
I just wanted to pop in and play Mom for a bit and tell everyone to give Cool It Off a chance before you relegate it to the back of the shelf or put it on one of the swaps. I did it today and really loved it, which is amazing since my attention span for this sort of workout is usually very short. I can see now how it fits in with the rest of the set and how important it is to include it or something very similar on a regular basis.

<Climbing down from the motherly advice pedestal>
Old 04-25-03, 07:08 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

Results anyone?

from mizach
Just got back from NC Outerbanks ...
and I bought 2 pairs of bootcut GAP capri jeans that are smaller than what I bought 3 weeks ago. Yeah, I bought the same style in different colors . My hips and thighs got smaller from SS.
I will recap my SS week later.

from Leela
I think slim series would do the trick,
I lost 5 pounds after doing it for 3 wks. (I'm 37, have 2 kids, as a data point).

from Nat
I did SS for two weeks with several days rest in between and I've lost an inch from my waist and a half inch from my hips. I haven't lost any weight though - ah well.
Old 04-25-03, 07:39 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I'd like to add some info I think is important, especially to less-experienced exercisers getting into this series: safety concerns.

The following is my self-educated opinion, based on much reading and experimentation (as well as having to deal with my own injuries in the past).

Here are some exercises that I feel could cause some damage, or at least some problems, if done as shown, and some modifications:

deadlifts: two speeds are shown. The slower speed could be safe, if you are sure to not go down as far as the background exerciser Ashley, and not round your back (I think Ashely will need some chiropractic care, at least, after doing these workouts!). The double-time reps, however, seem very unsafe and almost impossible to do without putting too much bad stress on the lower back. I just continue with the good-form slower reps.

upright rows: Debbie cues these with the elbows very high up (unecessary), the dumbbells touching, and brought up to just under the chin. The unnecessarily exaggerated range of motion and the position that the move puts the shoulder joint in seems like a recipe for shoulder impingement to me. I recommend keeping the hands about shoulder-width apart and lifting up just to the point where the elbows are even (horizontally) with the shoulders (hands about at chest height), or subbing with another exercise like lat raises or overhead presses if the rows bother your shoulders. THe way I do dumbbell upright rows, they look like a cross between a lateral flye and an upright row.

unsupported forward bend and lunge: you lunge side-to-side while bent forward. I recommend putting one hand on the quads to help support the back.

unsupported inner thigh squeezes: while on your back, legs in the air, you open and close them to work the inner thigh. I suggest keeping your hands outside your knees, and using them to help close the legs if necessary, as the inner thigh can be especially weak and the muscle apt to get pulled. The support is especially important when wearing ankle weights.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-03, 07:46 AM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

thanks, Nat

I have moved the thread to the Video/DVD FAQ for easier reference.

Also please note that if you decide to order from BeachBody.com, please use the link from the "support VF" pull down menu at the top of the forum or the link below, so that your purchase will help keep videofitness.com running.

Link to BeachBody.com

Thanks!

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-03, 07:48 AM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

ROTATIONS
Note: Some rotations use a combination of Slim Series and Slim in 6. See name codes at the bottom.

RECOVERY WEEK (Easy)
M- CIO
T-CIO
W-FIU
Th-CIO
F-ToIU
Sa-CIO
Su-CIO

RECOVERY WEEK with Slim in 6 (Easy)
M- CIO
T-SIU, S&L
W-ToIU
Th-CIO
F-SIU, S&L
Sa-StIU, CIO
Su-CIO

THE MAINTENANCE PROGRAM (Moderate)
M- ShIU
T-Rest
W- KIU
Th-Rest
F-TeIU
Sa-CIO
Su-Rest

MAINTENANCE PROGRAM with Slim in 6 (Moderate)
M- ShIU
T- Rest and S&L
W- ToIU
Th-FIU
F-CIO, S&L
Sa-KIU
Su-Rest

THE TORSO TONING PROGRAM (Moderate)
M- ToIU
T-CIO
W-ToIU
Th-CIO
F-ToIU
Sa-FIU
Su-Rest

THE LOWER-BODY PROGRAM (Moderate to Difficult)
M- ShIU
T-FIU
W-CIO
Th-FIU
F-CIO
Sa-FIU
Su-Rest

THE SPLIT ROUTINE (Moderate to Difficult)
M- ToIU
T-FIU
W-CIO
Th-ToIU
F-FIU
Sa-CIO
Su-Rest w/ stretching recommended

THE "I-BOUGHT-ALL-THE-TAPES-AND-DANG-IT-I'M-GONNA-USE 'EM" ROTATION (Moderate to Difficult)
M- ToIU
T-FIU
W-CIO
Th-MIU
F-CIO
Sa-TeIU
Su-Rest w/ stretching recommended
M- ShIU
T-CIO
W-Start repeating...

THE SLIM TRAINING PROGRAM (Difficult)
M- ShIU
T-FIU
W-MIU
Th-ToIU
F-CIO
Sa-TeIU
Su-Stretch

Slim Series CODES CIO - Cool It Off
ShIU - Shape It Up
ToIU - Tone It Up
TeIU - Tear It Up
FIU - Firm It Up
MIU - Mix It Up

Slim in 6 CODES StIU - Start It Up
RIU - Ramp It Up
BIU - Burn It Up
S&L - Slim & Limber
S&6- Slim & 6pack
Old 06-05-03, 08:26 AM  
atarr
VF Supporter

Keeping the workouts straight

I'm half way through my 3 week on the Slim Training cycle and am finally getting a feel for the difference between the tapes.

I've had to do some modifications in what I do when for various reasons, so I've trying to figure out what's ok to go immediately before and after what else.

This is how I've categorized the workouts when trying to fit them in a rotation:

Shape It Up: Total body muscle endurance (go as heavy as you want/can)

Firm It Up: Lower Body

Mix It Up: Upper Body (go as heavy as you want/can)

Tone It Up: Cardio (Keep the weights light) or can use heavier weights for a total body toning day (easier than the 78 min endurance days). There actually isn't any "cardio" per se, but for rotation with the other SS wo's keeping the weights lower seems let this be next to the higher weight days.

Cool It Off: Stretch (duh..)

Tear It Up: Total body muscle endurance (go as heavy as you want/can)

Sueter
atarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debbie siebe, debbie siebers, everything, faq, slim in 6, slim series