Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

View Poll Results: What level exerciser are you currently?
Low Beginner 4 3.39%
Beginner 9 7.63%
High Beginner 10 8.47%
Low Intermediate 10 8.47%
Intermediate 37 31.36%
High Intermediate 22 18.64%
Low Advanced 10 8.47%
Advanced 10 8.47%
High Advanced 1 0.85%
I don't know! 5 4.24%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-19, 12:57 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Question What level exerciser are you (now)?

Although one's fitness level changes throughout life, (or, even during a year) what do you consider is your fitness level NOW?

I am, have been and probably always will be an Intermediate exerciser. I have flirted with a few advanced videos. I have spent some time back at beginner level.

But, Intermediate seems to be my comfort zone.

What is your current fitness level?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 01:01 PM  
Gams

I’m with you - I think I’m intermediate and probably staying there. I did a Kelly Coffey Meyer workout the other day and did really well until she got down in plank position and did what she called “floor jacks”. I believe I marched in place while she was doing those. 😂
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 01:08 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Currently I'm a solid intermediate and at this time of my life, I'm happily staying there. Nowadays, I'm striving for consistency rather than working up to the next level.
Old 09-16-19, 01:09 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I’m with you - I think I’m intermediate and probably staying there. I did a Kelly Coffey Meyer workout the other day and did really well until she got down in plank position and did what she called “floor jacks”. I believe I marched in place while she was doing those. 😂
Yeah, KCM. I tried her "Start Here" video and didn't like it much. I would warn anyone not to start with "Start Here."

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 01:11 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I wondered where she got the idea that those were for a beginner exerciser!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 01:15 PM  
laurajhawk

I'm int/advanced in yoga (I'm way flexible, I've practiced a lot for many years, I teach... but I'm inversion-impaired), probably sort of intermediate in weights (my technique is pretty solid but I'm not real strong, then again I'm also small), and something like low intermediate or maybe perpetual beginner in cardio - cause I hate it so. (I CAN do and HAVE done long hard cardio ..PlyoX, anyone? ... but I normally don't, so my cardio fitness isn't what it should be.)

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 01:24 PM  
Pam

I would put myself at the intermediate level currently. I have let life interfere the past year and have not been consistent either. I would have put myself at advanced-intermediate level previously as I could mostly keep up and enjoy the older Dream Bodies. Stating my commitment to myself here in front of other VFers to get back to that level before the Holiday Season starts 🤗
Old 09-16-19, 01:30 PM  
Gams

Sherry - it wasn’t a beginner workout. I think it was Circuit Burn - I’ll doublecheck.

I love Start Here!
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 02:05 PM  
gladgirl

I enjoy intermediate level for most workouts.
I do dabble...in advanced and beginner, too, but not very often.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 02:33 PM  
Sissy B

At one time I was a solid intermediate, but honestly, now I’m back at a beginner level. From May 2016 until this time last year, life really threw a lot at us and working out just didn’t happen. Then in May I broke a bone in my hand that I’m currently rehabbing with at home PT exercises 3 times a day so that’s my current workout. It doesn’t sound like much, but it takes a good amount of time to complete. I’m looking forward to the day I can really start working out again.
Sissy B is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitness levels