Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-13-13, 01:05 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Question ? Lauren Eckstrom - short and sweet

I'm not sure if this is out but does anyone have it? I was just looking through youtube for a video an this came up.

Lauren Eckstrom

tell me, is this old, new or just the add on to Travis' Short and sweet? The way it is written, to me it looks like she is having her own stand alone.

Any comments?

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 01:42 PM  
laurajhawk

I'm pretty sure this is Lauren's segment of the existing, released Short & Sweet. There are three Travis practices and one Lauren on the S&S disc.

It's interesting that the description (from last year) describes it as 45 minutes. I really think S&S was going to be about that length (per practice) and then the team read VF and made it 30 minutes.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 01:43 PM  
herya

It's an excerpt from Short & Sweet DVD - there are four practices on the DVD, Travis leads three of them and Lauren leads the fourth one.
Old 06-13-13, 02:34 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

okay. thank you. Do you all like her section? Short and sweet may be but how difficult is the dvd? more intermediate, beginner? or advanced?

~~~Cheryl

Old 06-13-13, 03:30 PM  
laurajhawk

I like her practice. It's fun.

The DVD is intermediate, maybe high-intermediate, because of the speed and intensity of the yoga. The practices don't include really advanced poses, but you warm up quickly and then pack a LOT into the 30 minutes. Modifications aren't offered -- if you're an intermediate yogi, you know how to modify these poses -- and there isn't time to figure out what the instructor is doing if you're not familiar with the poses and the flow of a power yoga class. If you *are* an intermediate yogi, this is probably the best DVD around for getting a workout in 30 minutes of yoga.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
Old 06-13-13, 03:36 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Very good explanation Laura. I'm not a seasoned practitioner.

Have you done any Sean corn yoga? what say yea about her?

~~~Cheryl

Old 06-13-13, 05:12 PM  
laurajhawk

Hmm.... I like Seane better in person than on DVD (I have been to a couple of her workshops at Yoga Journal conferences). That said, I have only her older DVDs (session 1 and session 2, from 2004 according to Amazon), and I do think they would be good for a yoga novice, IF you enjoy Seane. She talks a lot. Much of the talking is really good instruction and some of it is just ... a lot of talking. I have not done the DVDs lately because they are slower than I like and I don't always want all the talking. Oh I also have her Yoga Journal DVD but I think I've only done it once and I don't remember why, LOL.

Also, Travis Eliot has a set called "Yoga Foundations" for beginners. I don't have it but it gets great reviews here.

Old 06-13-13, 05:23 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

yes, I really like his foundations. I mean, really like it. I just found Sean, when I first heard of her I was not smittin. now I am. She's coming to Boston Next week i wish I had known ahead of time. She's doing teacher training and then 3 days of Detox yoga. Those 3 days are $200 I'm just not ready. But boy I wish I were. She sounds like she has a good message to go along with her dvd. She now has downloads though so I will work through her and Baron and then do some of her downloads. I have the UY and I had to go back because it was too fast. I didn't know it wsas that fast. So I think she is going to get me into the poses a bit more then I can go faster as does travis and Bryan Kiest. Thanks Laura. I have a different view of yoga now that I have done some of UY . Love his set and actually like travis but I had to run to keep up. I'll be on the floor and he already has them in downward dog and saying *those are done*. I said, they are? Okay. lol Thanks

~~~Cheryl

Tags
lauren eckstrom, yoga