Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-04, 08:40 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltlangeli
Dear Laura:

Thanks for posting. I'm glad my 7 kids are normal for something . Hope you liked Huntington. I am in Wheeling.

Shelly
Shelly - Huntington is a nice place to visit. Don't think I'd want to live there. It's really nothing against the place. I'm just a big city, northern girl - I don't fit in super well. But, my in-laws love me anyway despite my big city goofiness. Their mailing address is Huntington, but they are out far enough to have hunting dogs, cultivate super big gardens, reside on a one-lane road, and to hear gunshots on the land behind the house in hunting season.

I've never been to Wheeling. Maybe someday we will. Over the years, we are vacationing in various parts of the state on the way to and from visits there. The area around the New River Gorge is a favorite.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-04, 12:30 AM  
Autumn_Angel

Hi you guys! Well, I guess I've decided to come out of the woodwork. I have been lurking here almost daily since September. I joined a PE class then, and we had our choice of working out however we liked, doing our favorite activity. I chose videos because I like the comfort of being at home with no one watching me. I like the inspiration and motivation of the instructors.

It's funny because I really feel that I "know" several of you already even though I haven't posted before. lol Right now, I have a collection of about 20 exercise videos...not many but I'm workin' on it. I have really been intrigued lately by Cathe and I just got her basic step & Body Fusion in the mail this week. Very exciting and TOP quality!

Just wanted to introduce myself and let you guys know that I really appreciate this site. I refer to it every single time I buy a video.
Autumn_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-04, 09:53 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Smile Welcome to Autumn Angel

Hi there....

Wanted to welcome you to the forum, I am sort of a newbie myself as far
as coming out of lurkdom. We are glad to have you here. This place is
full of nice, caring people who all have one thing in common. I too, visit
here just about everyday and these people have been very helpful and
knowledgeable. I find it very interesting to read what people are doing
and what instructors they use. It seems everyone likes a variety, but
there are lots of Cathe fans here too, myself included.

Have a nice weekend...

Tara
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-05, 10:18 AM  
rahma

Hi, my name is Jen, and I'm a recent dvd exercise addict.

In 2001, I did Tae Bo hardcore for a few months and lost a lot of weight. I lost interest, and have since gained all the weight back Recently however, I've gotten re-addicted and will hopefully stick with it this time. I'm hoping I can come to VF for support and for motivation.

I've been exercising 4 to 5 times a week for the last few weeks. Although I haven't seen any weight loss, I feel more awake, which is nice, since I sit all day at my desk in a law firm, which leads to lathargia

My current favorite dvds are Kathy Smith's Functionally Fit Peak Fat Burning, Crunch Burn and Firm Pilates and Crunch Fat Burning Pilates. I've been on a bit of a buying bing these last few weeks, and I have 4 or 5 more that I haven't even tried yet.
rahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-05, 10:23 AM  
new2me

Welcome Rahma!!! This is a great place to come for motivation and tips...also for helping you spend your money!! I think most of us have started and stopped at least once and many more of us more than once! (I also work for a law firm and sit most of the day!)

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-05, 10:53 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome to VF, Rahma. I hope you find the information and motivation you are looking for here. Long term, one of the things you may want to check out are the check-ins and challenges. These are smaller groups where people check in with each other on what they have done on a weekly or monthly basis (it depends on the group). Knowing I was going to report at the end of the week was a major motivator for me at the beginning of this process.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-05, 12:40 PM  
rahma

Thank you Laura and new2me. I think I will head over to the challenge thing and see if I can join a check in group.
rahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-05, 12:29 PM  
F1mom

Talking Hi, Ya'll!

I was a member of the original FIRMBelivers Forum back in 2000. I'd been doing the firm since 1992 but really committed shortly before my wedding to my now ex-husband. I did the FIRM Rotation and really got into weight training and then yoga. The results were astounding! I didn't want to lose weight but I gained more body awareness. That and I became hooked on exercise videos. My all time favorites are FIRM Vol. 1, Tough Tape, Standing Legs, Ali McGraw's Yoga Mind & Body and the Bryan Kest Power Yoga Series.

After 2002 I moved away from home fitness and into a gym but I missed the concentrated results, the economic savings (even for someone who preordered everything FIRM starting with TriTrainers ) and the comfort of familiar faces like Tracie Long's. I'm back this year and ready to get back in shape!
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-05, 01:09 PM  
Joe

Urbanhippie, welcome back!

Rhama, welcome to VF!
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-05, 04:45 PM  
bellajaney

Talking

Hi, I am new here . I love this site. I haven't worked out regularly since I was in high school, and even then I was hardly trying... I'm starting to get myself into the habit after a few years of chronic illness that zapped away most of my energy. I've been very sedentary, unless running after the bus counts . I got a couple of beginner videos. One is Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds 1&2 mile. It's the only beginner one of hers they had at my Best Buy. I also have a beginning yoga tape that I've had for a while but have not touched. I don't even remember who the instructor is on that one. I did Leslie's 1 mile last night and it made me feel much better today. I guess I was so out of shape though that after just that I was so exhausted LOL. I tried using my mom's 1 lb. dumbbells with it, but I stopped that pretty fast. I still don't know how to hold those things, and she uses weighted balls so it doesn't show how I'm supposed to substitute dumbbells. I shouldn't have started doing it with weights anyway..I got too curious.

I'm 27, engaged, full-time government employee. I live in Los Angeles, not the nicest part of the city so I do not want to go walking or jogging outdoors. I don't find a gym membership in my budget so here I am . Hi!
bellajaney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread