Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-19, 11:30 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Good to hear that you enjoyed it! I find that the Calorie Crushes do add quite a bit of intensity so don't sell yourself short. As has been mentioned, her cueing has been on the move instead of in advance as she used to do, so even we experienced Cathe steppers didn't get it all the first time. Fortunately it isn't crazy complicated so it isn't impossible to pick up.

Have fun! Which of the ICE workouts are you interested in?
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-19, 02:36 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Which of the ICE workouts are you interested in?
I'm looking at Metabolic Total Body and Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox. I'm still thinking about it but I will probably buy them before the sale is over. The only reason I'm still thinking about it is that I just bought 2 pairs of Timberlands that I've wanted for a while, and I probably should pull back on my spending. I'm normally very frugal and I rarely buy anything for myself, but sometimes you gotta live, right?
Old 09-02-19, 03:04 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I'm looking at Metabolic Total Body and Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox. I'm still thinking about it but I will probably buy them before the sale is over. The only reason I'm still thinking about it is that I just bought 2 pairs of Timberlands that I've wanted for a while, and I probably should pull back on my spending. I'm normally very frugal and I rarely buy anything for myself, but sometimes you gotta live, right?
Good choices! Love both!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-19, 06:44 PM  
difit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Got my set today! Starting on Sunday.
I got my Lite Set in April when Cathe had a 25% off. I was in the middle of doing a Body Beast rotation when I got my set. Then I just finished my 1 month Firm rotation last month. So I'll be joining you this month. I'm doing my own rotation.

Today I did Stacked Set Upper Body + 6 pack abs #2 + extended stretch #2. I really like the workout. It went by fast. I did go up in weight on some of the exercises than Cathe. I also like the abs and the extended stretch.

Tomorrow I'll be doing the Cardio Party + Calorie Crush and some yoga.
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-19, 09:06 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Good to hear that you enjoyed it! I find that the Calorie Crushes do add quite a bit of intensity so don't sell yourself short. As has been mentioned, her cueing has been on the move instead of in advance as she used to do, so even we experienced Cathe steppers didn't get it all the first time. Fortunately it isn't crazy complicated so it isn't impossible to pick up.
When I started doing Cardio Party Calorie Crush I was actually surprised that step was used in this workout. I had to scramble to get the step and I guess I never really recovered my momento. I reviewed Cathe's User's Guide prior to doing this workout and it says that no equipment is needed for it.

difit, I'm doing Stacked Set Upper Body + Bonus Six Pack Abs #1 tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it!
Old 09-03-19, 11:05 AM  
difit

Today I did Cardio Party + Calorie Crunch. I have mixed feelings about cardio party. It was a bit on the easy side and didn't quite get my heart rate up. The music was OK. I might use when I don't want a too intense cardio. I did the Calorie Crunch. I little mini IMAX . It was fun and got my heart rate up. Next time I might do the Calorie Crush first then the Cardio Party.

I also did Stretch max 1 after my workout. I would have done one of the extended stretch but I wanted something a little bit longer. I love Stretch Max.

Tomorrow PHA 2 + 6 pack abs #1. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Usia I had some DOMS this morning from Stacked Upper body. I did the 6 pack abs #2 not the first one. I read that the 6 pack abs #1 is harder than the second one. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.
Old 09-08-19, 12:42 PM  
buffmama

I had totally ruled these out. Until this thread and then I had to have them. I think they'll play nice with my current rotation. A little shorter, a little easier - perfect!
Old 09-16-19, 01:43 PM  
difit

I'm on third week with Lite series. I'm really enjoying the workouts.

I love the Upper/Lower body stacked set and PH2.

I also enjoy the cardio workouts. I wish there was a compilation of cardio crushes and can do a 10-10-10. I have to stop between the calorie crushes to put in a different DVD.

I like the extended stretches and the 6 pack abs. I like the second of the 6 pack abs more than the first.

I'm doing the band workout next week. I'm not big on band workouts. I prefer weights.

I haven't done the Pyramid and Metabolic Blast yet. I going to do a separate rotation next month with the Pyramid.

Usia How are you doing with your Lite series?
Old 09-16-19, 02:05 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by difit View Post
Usia How are you doing with your Lite series?
Thanks for asking! Unfortunately, after I started LITE (I did 2 workouts that I thoroughly enjoyed) I did Ellen's Power Fusion and my lower back didn't like those "floor scoops) that she does. I immediately felt the LB pain and had to pause LITE and focus entirely on back pain relief workouts (PBL), abs strengthening exercises and stretching. Fortunately, I feel like I'll be ready to start back with LITE in a week or so. I look at the previews and can't wait!
Old 10-06-19, 07:56 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Good choices! Love both!
Today I did Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox +Icy Core 1+ Stretch - total of 58 minutes. It was awesome! Cathe really keeps you going nonstop. It's been a while since I've done anything by Cathe, and even the intermediate level felt challenging to me. I loved it though! Time flew and my whole body was humming like a well-running machine when I was done. Very happy to have rediscovered Cathe again after a long hiatus. Now I'm busy planning my own rotation that will incorporate my LITE set as well as the 2 ICE DVDs I own.

Tags
cathe, cathe lite, cathe lite reviews, cathe lite rotation, lite reviews, music off option, push up free workout, resistance bands