Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-18-21, 06:07 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Just got back home. I had my first dental cleaning in the new office I found last August and the hygienist was phenomenal! Thorough, knowledgeable and very efficient. I also liked the new dentist. The dentist I saw twice in that office - left. Story of my life....if I like my doctor, dentist, hairdresser or any other service provider, they will without a doubt disappear after I've seen them twice - never to be found again and I have to search again. But so far so good.

That was the highlight of my day. Then I went to work and wasn't there more than 20 min when I was notified that someone backed into my parked car and damaged it. Yep, they did. We reviewed the video and the person was clearly negligent. My entire front bumper will need to be replaced on my beloved 2008 RAV4. Worse yet, while the owner of the car provided the police and me with his insurance, I have this bad feeling that his policy is not valid and his brother who actually drove the car, did not have a driver's license. Valid or otherwise. This unfortunately happened on company's parking lot and therefore private property and nothing will happen to the driver. If he hit my car on the street he would be arrested for driving without a license. As it is, he is going free without as much as a warning. If the vehicle owner's insurance is not valid, my insurance will have to pick up the tab and I have $500 deductible. I'm very upset about this whole thing. I drive my car for almost 13 years without a scratch on it and some jackass is not paying attention and damages it.

This year has not started out well for me at all.
Old 01-18-21, 07:23 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Oh Dana that's awful! Maybe his insurance will be okay. At least he left his insurance info - I was afraid you were going to say that it was a hit and run. No uninsured motorist coverage?

Today's workouts were:

Jenny Ford - Total Body Weight Workout #1 - 30 minutes; Pilates Nest - Align & Strengthen - 30 minutes

I was in the mood for something different, so I did a Jenny Ford workout. It was pleasant enough. She actually seemed a little scattered - but I get that strength work is not her main thing.

Hope everyone is okay - back to work tomorrow!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 08:20 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Oh Dana that's awful! Maybe his insurance will be okay. At least he left his insurance info - I was afraid you were going to say that it was a hit and run. No uninsured motorist coverage?
Carol, it gets worse. He did actually do hit and run but we have excellent quality video cameras and after review, we knew who he was and brought his butt back to our facility and filed a police report. I have a good insurance including uninsured motorist coverage but I also have $500 deductible. If his insurance isn't legit then my insurance will cover it but I'll be out $500.
Old 01-19-21, 06:33 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Carol, it gets worse. He did actually do hit and run but we have excellent quality video cameras and after review, we knew who he was and brought his butt back to our facility and filed a police report. I have a good insurance including uninsured motorist coverage but I also have $500 deductible. If his insurance isn't legit then my insurance will cover it but I'll be out $500.
Bummer! Why can't people just do the right thing to begin with??? Oh, wait, I know - it's because they are people and think they can get away with it. I'm praying his insurance holds up.

Carol
Old 01-19-21, 08:21 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get out to walk my doggie and I did Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for Psoas - I enjoyed that one - it was a good one to do after walking!

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 18 - Low Impact Cardio - this was more my speed. Minimal walking, lots of low impact variety.

ePilates - 21 Day Challenge - Day 2 - this was a nice simple Pilates routine. Nothing overly remarkable about it - but I enjoyed it and Emma as an instructor.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath Day 11 - Flow - Today, Adriene and I got along fine. I am thinking it may be that I just don't do well w/ doing her stuff daily. Or it could be that there is something about her programs - as opposed to her single individual practices...either way - this was a good one for today!

I have a full day of meetings - ugh. Not looking forward to it. I think I'm finally done at 2:30, so at 2:30 I'm going to either walk or do CS to just get up and away from my desk.

Dana - that is horrible about the insurance/accident, everything. And yes, this year is not off to a good start....let us hope for peace and sanity tomorrow.

Carol - LOL on Jenny F - I was considering doing her 28 day challenge in February, but I'm on the fence. I am not really tired or bored of Pahla yet so I may actually do her earlier Weight Loss Program in Feb and maybe if i'm still not tired or bored w/ her do her Body Shaping Program in March. I was also eyeing Jessica's Fusion February. But there is something really low dread to me about Pahla's workouts. Jenny does do better w/ cardio - but I do like her strength workouts as they are generally pretty simple and straightforward.

Hope everyone has a good day ---

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-21, 06:37 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workouts were

Pahla B - Walk Off the Weight - Day 19 (tone up your arms) - 22 minutes;
Jessica Valant - 10 Minute Pilates for Back Pain

I liked this workout from Pahla! Not too much work with my hands over my head! That tends to bother my shoulders if I've got weights in my hands. This one was 30 second intervals, walking and then arm toning.

Donna - Nice workouts yesterday! Glad you and Adrienne managed to patch things up for the day. I do think that this series from Pahla will be more "repeatable" for me because there's more variety - maybe except for Day 6, which was a killer. The other day you were talking about how to deal with Pahla's just straight up walking workouts - I think there may be 3 in the other series. I was doing that series in warmer weather, and I did those walks outside with my phone - that way I could hear what Pahla was saying, but I didn't have to stay put. If one comes up in this series and the weather is less than ideal, I think I'll do it on the treadmill. I'm still thinking about Jessica Smith for a February rotation.

Dana - Hoping all the car wreck developments have been good ones!

Waves ~

Carol
Old 01-20-21, 08:22 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was.....

Ellen - Slim Sculpt. To me, this is her hardest workout. I still enjoyed it though.

I may try to catch up w/ Pahla this afternoon...I like that her workouts are under 30 min b/c I can sneak them in during the day....

Yesterday I did CS 1109 as my afternoon break - after sitting through hours of meetings....

Carol - I'm also toying w/ a Jessica Smith rotation, just not sure which one. I was thinking Fusion February....and then, the idea of doing a WHFN/FitPrime rotation also popped into my head. I may need a break from Pahla - I like her, but as you can see from the past few days - I have been adding in some other instructors. And, then, of course there is Jessica Valent's template - which gives me a lot of variety while still fitting Jessica V's workouts into the mix. I may just wake up on Feb 1st and decide then, LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day----

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-21, 11:10 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

HDM CardioTone G - 50min
ePilates Day 3 Focus Abs - 15min

Feeling pretty good today and I'm full of energy. Very cold out today but that's the way I like it! I don't have to go to work today so all is good.

The other car's owner never notified his insurance that there was an accident, but I did. Good news is that it appears that has a valid insurance, the bad news is it's an obscure insurance I've never heard of and which has been consistently rated as ONE star all the way around. Many said it's because there was no zero star rating available. I have an excellent insurance and they told me if the other party drags it's feet or doesn't respond, they'll take care of everything. What a hassle.

Anyway, I'm feeling cheerful today and I'm determined to stay that way.

Waves to all!
Old 01-20-21, 01:54 PM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone,
I wanted to pop in and say Hello. I'd like to try and check-in again. I haven't been working out for various health reasons, but decided this week to try and do at least 10 minutes a day. I'm following the Faithful Workouts 10 minute videos on the app in order so I don't have to think about what to do.

Mon: 10 minute walk
Tues: FW 10 Minute Advanced Core
Wed: FW 10 Minute Stretch + 10 minute walk

Dana, I'm so sorry for all you have been through this year. ((hugs))

Brenda, I also struggle with staying asleep and waking early (4am). I started taking L-Theanine to help. It's a natural, amino acid supplement that really helps with relaxation and sleep. I don't take it every night, but when I do it has helped me a lot!! I just wanted to mention it in case you wanted to try something natural.

Waves to Donna, Carol, Linda & Cheri!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-21, 08:44 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Cathe - LITE: Cardio Party - Timesaver Premix #7 - 25 minutes; Pilates Nest - Rise & Shine Retreat Day #1 - 15 minutes; Cathe - Bonus Lying Stretch from PHA3 - 10 minutes

I'm not sure what possessed me to drag Cathe's LITE set out, but I always enjoy her Cardio Party workout - probably the only cardio workout she has ever done that I can say that about. The music is good, and Cathe and her crew are smiling and enjoying themselves. This workout never fails to put a smile on my face when I do it. Timesaver#7 is basically round 1 of boxing, hi-lo, and a cardio blast that's actually fairly tame.

Not sure what I will do tomorrow, but I guess I'll figure that out tomorrow.

Christine - it's good to see you! Michelle's 10 minute workouts are great, and there are a lot of them. Definitely a good choice. We have missed you around here.

Dana - that's relatively good news so far on the insurance front. It could be way worse.

Donna - good choices. Yes, those light weights get mighty heavy in Slim Sculpt!

Waves ~

Carol