Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-03-21, 08:50 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I made it to Day 3 and Day 2 - LOL!

Pahla B - 31 Day Weight Loss Series - Day 3 - walk and stretch. This one felt really good. My DD and I took a long walk yesterday - I got over 17K steps so it felt good to stretch today. The workout was walking intervals w/ stretching intervals.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath - Day 2 - Arrive

I may do some Pilates/PT type exercises later....

Carol - I think for my goals Pahla is enough. I'm really exercising for health more than anything else - I don't have the desire to put in the time and effort it would take to achieve a "ripped" look so for me health and function is most important. I have a few quarantine pounds to lose, but nothing terrible, it is more for vanity than anything else and if I didn't lose them, I'd be ok with that too so long as my eating habits were better - gains are from too many carb-y snacks during the work day. Our decorations are down, too, a strange holiday season, for sure - kind of like all of 2020.

Brenda - good luck tomorrow - I head "back" to work tomorrow - not looking forward to it.

Waves, Dana and Linda!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 07:24 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Pahla B - Walk Off the Weight - Day 3 (walk & stretch) - 23 minutes
Jessica Valant Pilates - 10 Minute Pilates for Back Pain Relief & Pilates for Beginners (Total Body) - 22 minutes

Donna has already described Pahla's workout - it was a nice one, just barely got my heartrate up. I tacked on the pilates workouts just because I'm trying to get in the habit of doing pilates most every day. I figure it doesn't have to be much, just something. No back pain, but figured that the exercises are good preventative medicine.

Outside Christmas decorations are down and put away. We've actually gotten quite a bit done the last few days.

DS is worrying about his classes which start on the 11th; plus he's working on a thesis and worrying about that as well. If you have any spare prayers, I'd appreciate them for him. He does tend towards depression - it runs very strongly in his dad's family, and a little bit in mine - and what happened with Jenny Ford's eldest scares me.

Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, it's off to work we go...

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 07:52 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Sorry to be MIA. Basil's condition has taken sudden sharp down turn since yesterday morning. I'm going to call his vet tomorrow morning and we will probably have to euthanize him. We can't watch him in the condition he is and you can't fix old age. My DH and I are heartbroken.
Old 01-04-21, 01:18 AM  
fanofladyvols

Dana I'm so sorry! Sending you hugs!!

Christine just lost one of her cats.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 01:30 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol when do you have to go back for the booster with your vaccine? Of course, I will pray for your son. You can never have enough people praying that fear away.

Brenda go get em Tiger! Cheering you all kinds of ways!!

I've been doing research, bugging check-in buddies for recs and watching beginner videos on these kettlebells. I am waiting on a couple of books and getting a couple of Lauren Brooks DVDs. I have a board of exercises I have compiled separated into core, cardio and lower body. I don't really care for using the bells for upper body right now.
Today did a beginner workout from Marcus Martinez and a mobility workout from BJ Gaddour.

Hugs to Donna!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 06:39 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Sorry to be MIA. Basil's condition has taken sudden sharp down turn since yesterday morning. I'm going to call his vet tomorrow morning and we will probably have to euthanize him. We can't watch him in the condition he is and you can't fix old age. My DH and I are heartbroken.
Oh Dana, I am so sorry. I have been through that with two of my beloved Norfolk Terriers and it's like losing a family member. It's hard to know when to let them go, but at some point, you just have to. It sounds like you are there with Basil. Hugs!

Carol
Old 01-04-21, 06:41 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Carol when do you have to go back for the booster with your vaccine? Of course, I will pray for your son. You can never have enough people praying that fear away.

Brenda go get em Tiger! Cheering you all kinds of ways!!

I've been doing research, bugging check-in buddies for recs and watching beginner videos on these kettlebells. I am waiting on a couple of books and getting a couple of Lauren Brooks DVDs. I have a board of exercises I have compiled separated into core, cardio and lower body. I don't really care for using the bells for upper body right now.
Today did a beginner workout from Marcus Martinez and a mobility workout from BJ Gaddour.

Hugs to Donna!
I go back on the 27th for my second shot. Kettlebells are a full body exercise. I don't think you need to worry much about isolating upper body and doing something different for it.

Carol
Old 01-04-21, 08:20 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning,

JS Walk On DVD Walk Your Trouble Zone Buns & Thighs - 30min
JS Walk On DVD Stride & Strength - 30min

Waves to all!
Old 01-04-21, 08:43 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Back to reality today --- I really enjoyed my holiday break.

Today was:

Pahla B - Walk Off the Weight - Day 4 - this was low impact cardio done "inchworm" style. I was surprised that I was getting breathless during the final phases of the inchworm where you sting three exercises together. I don't know why I was surprised, I should know better that Pahla's stuff is harder than it seems and is cumulative.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath - Day 3 - Anchor

Yesterday I added on some PT from Jessica Valent - I did one of her SI joint practices and then her stretching for sciatica. My SI joint is bugging me - and it is interesting that she mentions that what it needs most is stability and not stretch - so i have been trying to focus more on stabilizing it - I even sub'd the cat cows in Adriene's yoga w/ bird dogs.

I may take a walk outside today - short - or I may do some more work w/ Jessica V....

Dana - I'm sorry to hear about Basil. Watching their health decline is the worst part of being a pet parent.

Carol - sending prayers for your DS. Hopefully it is just "start of the semester" jitters, and I hope he starts to feel more positive about his classes and thesis soon.

Waves, Linda...and so sorry to hear about Christine's cat...

Hope everyone has a good Monday.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 08:40 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

As Donna said, it's back to reality today, although it's not quite all the way back. We had a scheduled staff work day - the kids return tomorrow. I even left a little bit early and was one of the last ones out of the building. All in all, a good day - I got a fair amount done.

Workouts were:

PahlaB - Walk Off the Weight - Day 4 (low impact cardio) - 23 minutes
Jessica Valant - 20 Minute Gentle Beginner Pilates Mat Workout

As Donna said, Pahla's cardio can be sneaky. I also found myself a little winded towards the end of each leg of the stepstool. Jessica's Gentle Pilates routine was her Monday YouTube release and I managed to get through it without an ad. No ads yet on Pahla's videos.

Donna - That kind of makes sense - stability versus stretch. If it's a joint issue, it would need stability; and if it's a muscle issue, it would need stretch. She's a big one for pushing strengthening, like any physical therapist.

Dana - Nice workouts!

Waves ~

Carol