Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-05-21, 10:01 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
maybe I'll pick and choose from her extensive library and make 30 minute classes that follow this same pattern as Beginner Epic: body weight lower, body weight upper, core, dumb bell total body, and HIIT.

Sandy O
Sandy - That's what I started to do and got overwhelmed! Her workouts are just such high volume compared to most others, even the 30 min ones since she's often repeating a workout movement either with or without variation. I try to keep the 10% rule in my head - no more than a 10% inc weekly in vol or lbs. I'm also trying to focus on alignment to prevent injuries. Working on getting my left shoulder back and strengthening my back on that side especially.

Helen - It's cold here so indoor stuff is good. Not too much choreography (ie. I really don't want to think all that much), if it's HIIT it has to be on the easy side. I saved some stuff from youtube (Freytag, kickboxing, Jessica Smith) and may end up doing more yoga and pilates but lighter cardio might work best. If I came up with a good idea I wouldn't have to rethink it weekly...
Old 01-05-21, 07:09 PM  
Helen

BUFF
HASFit might suit your needs. Aimed for the home, two levels to choose from, minimal equipment, and NO choreography.

Cardio Playlist

Tue., 5th Jan.
45min, Steve Ross - Inhale - Workout 1, from YouTube, for Sadhana
57min, Cathe - Step Heat, 6" all low impact, for my chronology notion

2 quick dog walks (30min ea.) - not raining (at last) but SO humid, Alice was stopping for a break, wouldn't have been good to have her walking for long - so as soon as she defecated, we headed home.

no buddy workout
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 09:26 AM  
buffmama

Thanks Helen. There were a few that looked like I would like them. I think I'm leaning towards Yoga with Tim as he focuses on mobility and form. And maybe cardio pilates really get it all in.
Old 01-06-21, 05:25 PM  
Vantreesta

Helen, glad Bridget is feeling better now. I hate to admit I've been slacking on Cyric's training. He's very dog reactive so that training happens every time we see a dog, but I've been bad about obedience training. It's hard to feel motivated to do it when he generally listens really well, but I know we need to keep it up plus he absolutely loves it, even without treats. He will be 4 in May.

Buff, that is either a lot of pushups or a bad shoulder! Yikes!

Sandy, you can probably enjoy watching animals without necessarily wanting one.

I'll finish this schedule for this week but next week I want to get back to Cathe. My brother and his family gave me a Bluray player for Christmas, we just need to get it hooked up. Since the TV is mounted on the wall and the cords are run through the wall, I think I am gonna have to have hubby do it for me. I put away the weights but need to clear out some more stuff so he can get to the TV. And he's working so many hours that I won't ask him to do it after work so it will have to wait till the wknd.

Oh and I also realized I need to jump rope before I row so my arms are fresh. Hopefully that will reduce the annoying tripping!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 08:36 AM  
SandyO

Helen, I'm a member of the backwards downstairs club. I have been for years... Normally it's my knees that make me do it, but this year it's been my hammy/butt from the track workout in August, and recently the quads from sooo many lunges in Epic Beginner.

buff, thanks for the input. I'll see how doing a second round of Epic Beginner goes and then see where I want to go.

Vannie, you know me so well. Watching bunnies and squirrels is one thing, but having pets is a whole other level I'm not interested in. I was barely able to tolerate having kids.

Sandy O
Old 01-10-21, 09:43 AM  
buffmama

Sooo many 30 day challenges this year....
Old 01-10-21, 02:31 PM  
Vantreesta

Hubby got my Bluray player hooked up today so I can resume DVD workouts tmrw. I'll be glad to get back to my Cathe rotation. Still need a new tube for my bike tire and THEN my gym will be fully functional again. I had to move stuff so he could get to the TV so rather than just moving it all right back where it was, I plan to reorganize and put things away on Tuesday. He also got all the Christmas tubs put away. Some of them are just too heavy for me to lift above my head into the closet.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 06:30 PM  
Helen

My new iMac arrived last week. Getting it set up was easy and relatively fast. Getting the external monitor I've had for 10 years with the old iMac - I've thrown in the towel. Tried innumerable combinations of adaptors, upgraded OS, restored it back to previous (as software I use every day didn't function with the latest).... read threads on Mac forums, watched YouTube clips of those who've done it with the same kind but 30" rather than 23", and connecting to a laptop rather than iMac - nothing worked. I've been very frustrated.

Essentially the ONLY things I've done for the past week is "compulsory" workouts, dog walking, and fiddling with that monitor (and driving back & forth to the shop returning cables & buying different one).

Here's my doings for last week (up-thread log post is up to date):

Mon., 4th Jan.
25min, morning dog walk, had to return due to rain arriving
42min, Cathe - LIS - Low Impact Challenge - Step Express 1 Mix, with buddy
43min, Adriene - Home Challenge - Day 1 Recognise, for Sadhana
20min, evening dog walk, caught a rain break, but checking every 5 minutes! Walk was ~10 pm
Tue., 5th Jan.
30min morning dog walk
45min, Steve Ross - Inhale Workout 1, from YouTube for Sadhana
60min, dog walk
57min, Cathe - Step Heat, for chrono
Wed., 6th Jan. first physio appointment for knee & shoulder
46min, Buti - Sweetly Twisted, for Sadhana
29min, Brazil Butt Lift - Cardio Axe + Tummy Tuck, with buddy
DH took Alice for a long walk
Thu., 7th Jan.
25min, Adriene - True - Day 1 Motive for Sadhana
41min, Cathe - Body Max - Power Circuits + Abs Mix/Match, with buddy
58min, Cathe - Step Max for chrono
Fri., 8th Jan.
31min, Adriene - Yoga Camp - Day 1 Accept, for Sadhana
Sat., 9th Jan.
40min, Wii - Biggest Loser - Yoga - Moderate, for Sadhana
30min, Cathe - Power Max, for chrono
Sun., 10th Jan.
24min, Adriene - Revolution - Day 1 Ease, for Sadhana
61min, Cathe - Body Max - Step Aerobics + Upper Body Mix/Match, with buddy
45min, dog walk, with buddy at dog-beach

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-11-21, 08:39 AM  
SandyO

buff, that's the problem with January. I wish they were spread out, but there's nothing to stop you from doing one per month.

Vannie, handy husbands are hard to find.

Helen, it sounds to me like those workouts plus computer issues kept you more than busy.

I did the 5 Beginner EPIC classes a second time, and they were easier than the first go round. I don't know that I'm up for the real deal, but I did see she has multiple 5 day series, so I think I may try those.

Sandy O
Old 01-12-21, 06:16 AM  
Helen

Mon., 11th Jan.
30min, Tony - P90X3 Yoga, for Sadhana
60min, Cathe - Step Jam for chrono
60min, late evening dog walk around the restaurant area
reminded me of Vietnam - hot night, food smells, lots of people

Tue., 12th Jan.
70min, Cathe - Step Fit for chrono
28min, Tim - 30 Day Challenge - Day 2 for Sadhana
41min, Cathe - Body Blast - KPC - Kicking & Punching Mix with buddy
another late walk with Alice will finish me off... 10pm now.
ETA
60min, Couch to 5k - Week 1 x2 (Suz KissMyBlackAss & Todd Lang 5k 101), finished at midnight

With DH away, I tend to go into a schlump - definitely mild depression, especially when I don't have work to go to. Starting my days with the yoga - sets a positive mood, no dread factor, gets me up into the gym & moving for the day. "Set the intention" kind of thing I suppose.

Feeling quite chirpy now really. Mentally accepted defeat on the monitor, had a long chat with my sister (her b'day) and my knee is feeling especially good - even did pidgeon pose with a tightly bent knee and laying out in front. Child's pose was also normal. Surgeon consult is on Thursday.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.