Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-21-20, 08:52 PM  
cyana

Happy Solstice and thanks to Pam for starting the thread. Confession: I am a chronic rotation failure and I typically do sadhana without posting. After a grueling year with a massive work-life imbalance, my goal is to take control of my days and incorporate qi gong, yoga, meditation and/or breathwork into every day. I typically do breathwork every morning before I get out of bed and every night just before I go to sleep.

Today/Day 1/12.21.2020:
YT - Yoga Class for Lazy Days - YogiBethC (our very own toaster/Beth)
YT - Winter Solstice 2020 Mediation - Narayanjot (thanks, Pat)
YT - Crystal Bowl 14 Minute Chakra Meditation - templesounds. Posted 11.27.2015

Anita - I subscribe to MFML and Clive is a long-time favorite. Off the top of my head, I'd also recommend his Hands Free Flow and he has several 11 minute body/sensory awareness practices that I've used a lot.

Vantreesta - How wonderful that your aunt was discharged from the hospital.

I made three trips outside and haven't been able to see the convergence even though the sky is clear.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-20, 05:28 AM  
Ilde

Day 2:
Scott Cole - Disco Dojo
Lee Holden - The Five Elements - 40 min. Flow Routine

I picked Disco Dojo for my cardio today as it's Tai Chi inspired and I feel centered and in the moment when doing it. I hope it offends nobody that I noted a cardio routine here, as it's definitely not the traditional approach. If it's against the rules of this check in, I will definitely include only those practices that fit more strictly here.

My goal is to use practices and workouts that reduce stress and improve health and well being. With yoga it can be tricky for me because I have some back injuries. So I have to be careful and remind myself not to be too ambitious with yoga. But there are practices I like and will definitely include further down the road.

Have a good and peaceful day everyone.

Day 1:
Scott Cole - Discover Tai Chi for Back Care
Happy Yoga - Chair Yoga to Boost Your Energy
Ilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-20, 07:39 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I did a second yoga practice yesterday evening; it was the original "challenge" I planned to do before their website glitched on my yesterday morning:

Do Yoga With Me
Basics & Beyond Challenge
#5 / Twists
Melissa Krieger

Then, I took a "Winter Solstice Tea Bath" - a recipe found on The Herbal Academy. Make a strong tea/infusion with chamomile, elderberry flowers, and calendula. Added to warm bath water, along with 2 cups Epsom salts. So relaxing & I slept great!

Day 2 - decided to stick with this MFML challenge
Movement for Modern Life
The Strength Challenge
#2 / Hit the Wall Hatha
Adam Locke

All the poses were at the wall & focused on alignment. It was pretty vigorous surprisingly; I enjoyed it & will try it again at some time.

Twigs - why did you give up your MFML subscription?

Cyana - thank you for the class suggestions; I'll look for them.

-Anita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-20, 08:09 AM  
Rhonda

HI everyone.
I actually started my daily yoga practice Dec 1 and have been doing 10 or 20 minutes a day. I use the Peloton app for my yoga.

I do what I feel like so not following any certain rotation but my body seems to be feeling better since doing daily yoga.

Day 1 - 20 minutes yoga flow - hips with Aditi Shah
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-20, 08:43 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anita, the winter tea solstice bath sound lovely! I haven't taken a bath in years, but I could have used this (I have been frequently waking up in the early a.m. of late).

I did do yoga yesterday (Yoga for Surfers Vol 1, Pre-Surf). Although I didn't intentionally plan to start my sadhaha, we'll see if I wind up keeping it up through 1/1.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-20, 09:05 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
Today/Day 1/12.21.2020:

Cyana I'm stealing this idea - hopefully using this format will prevent me from losing track which I do every year.

Day 1 - 12/21/2020:
Took a meditation/gratitude walk on my lunch break. It was cold and messy but somehow still nice out. There's an area with a circle of white birch trees and they were filled with chickadees. The snow was melting from the branches and falling down in droplets. It felt like an enchanted fairy forest.

I also did this guided Winter Solstice 2020 Meditation.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-20, 09:11 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
Happy Solstice and thanks to Pam for starting the thread. Confession: I am a chronic rotation failure and I typically do sadhana without posting. After a grueling year with a massive work-life imbalance, my goal is to take control of my days and incorporate qi gong, yoga, meditation and/or breathwork into every day. I typically do breathwork every morning before I get out of bed and every night just before I go to sleep.
Cyana, I could have written this! I really need to get a grip on work-life balance--I used to be very good at it
My goal is for 10 minutes of yoga per day. I like Sarah Beth Yoga, and will probably focus on that.

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-20, 09:16 AM  
Gale K.
VF Supporter

Marking my place here where I will update daily:

Day 1-Dec 21: SBY Seated Stretch to Unwind. The focus was reflecting on the day and then letting it go, which was a fitting practice for me. Included some nice upper body stretches.

The winds of grace are blowing all the time--all we need to do is raise our sails.
-Rama Krishna, as quoted by Baron Baptiste
Gale K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-20, 09:32 AM  
donnamp

Gale and Cyana - I'm in the same boat w/ work....although it is nice that I have been working from home since March, it is a bit of a relentless schedule - I do work for a local health department - so that, I'm sure contributes to the insane pace of everything right now. I'm trying to take some time off this week and next and I hope it can happen...I just feel I need a re-set.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-20, 10:50 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Day 1: I did Yoga for Scoliosis "Centering Poses" w/Elise Browning Miller. I love how she verbalizes things...that " yoga is developing your internal roots" so you can stay centered, grounded and strong, like a tree on a windswept hill that is still strong even though it may look crooked. It always gives me hope that i can build more strength in spite of alignment issues.

I did not get to see Jupiter/Saturn last night as we were very overcast. I saw a few photos from friends on facebook that were great!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sadhana