Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-25-20, 06:47 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Perfect Pump Back, Biceps & Shoulders and the Lower Body Light Weight & Band premix which still uses slightly heavy weights IMO. Nice premix though.

My BIL called DH yesterday and sounds a lot better. He said he feels 100% better than last week.

Vannie - Sometimes with Cathe workouts, all I can manage is a Timesaver premix. Good job doing P30 High Impact Hiit. All I thought when I read that was ugh! Great job but I will never try that one! You are not the only one who feels out of shape. I’m the worst out f shape I’ve been in years. Just no ambition to workout much anymore and really have to force myself.

Karen - It is pretty Covid crazy here too. I’m hearing more & more people that I know having someone they know testing positive. That is crazy there were that many people in line.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 09:07 AM  
Vantreesta

I haven't followed covid numbers closely for quite a while but I did look some when the new restrictions were announced and one day we hit the record high of 72 deaths that day. The governor is expecting more days hitting new highs. Of course with the weather cooling off and more people staying inside together it doesn't seem entirely surprising. I guess we're 7th worst in the country right now. Right when my father-in-law went back to work, which scares me. My aunt was tested on Saturday bc she was feeling terrible, she thought bronchitis which she has had before, but she ended up in the ER Monday night feeling very weak and with high fever. A rapid test showed positive for covid. Her O2 was 95 though and her lungs are clear so they didn't admit her. Yesterday morning she said she was feeling better. My uncle was sick too but not as bad. I imagine his test from Sat will eventually come back positive as well.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 09:23 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout Monday was LIS Afterburn. Tuesday's workout was a walk in town + 40 minutes on the elliptical.

Cher - I'm glad to hear your BIL is doing better. I was sure you would never do the high impact Perfect30 workout!

Vannie - Great job on that workout. It sure has an awful lot of burpees. Sorry to hear about more COVID cases for your state. It seems very few states are escaping the spike. Our state's positive rate is creeping up too. The hospitals in my area are starting to get more patients than they ever have.

Karjoy - Enjoy your shortened work week. Our town just had a free covid testing event downtown and almost 400 people showed up. They didn't have to wait long though.

Have a good day and stay safe!
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-20, 06:33 PM  
Vantreesta

My uncle took my aunt back to the ER a little bit ago.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-25-20, 09:16 PM  
Cher

Vannie - So sorry to hear your aunt had tested positive and had to go back to the ER. I hope she is okay.
Old 11-26-20, 01:49 AM  
Vantreesta

Thank you, Cheryl. She and I are really close and I'm worried about her. She's my dad's sister, the oldest sibling. Her lungs weren't as clear as Monday and O2 has dropped so they admitted her.

Old 11-26-20, 06:35 AM  
Cher

Oh Vannie, hugs to you. I will keep her in my thoughts and say some prayers for here.
Old 11-26-20, 08:30 AM  
JBliff

Vannie, my heart goes out to you. You have had such an awful time of it lately.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 10:05 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie I hope your aunt will get better soon. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 10:08 AM  
Vantreesta

Thank you all. She said she is feeling better today with treatment and O2 is staying steady, temp is staying down. They hope to send her home in a couple days. Our niece here in MN also tested positive (different side of the family) but doesn't seem to be feeling terribly sick, thankfully. I appreciate all the prayers. This year has been hard on so many.

On a positive note, wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving. There is still much to be grateful for, including supportive friends like you guys!