Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-17-20, 04:19 PM  
Leonana

Today is a rest day, I was really tired this morning. I haven't been sleeping well, but I did sleep well last night. I will probably do some stretching this evening.

I'm getting a little panicky, mostly because my normal routine is gone. I'm not getting out like I used to, obviously. Dh and dd are still working, they can't work from home.

However, the grocery store panic buying is what's making me the most anxious, the shelves are so bare. I've never seen it like this before. I needed an onion, and only organic, red onions were left in the produce section. All the lettuce was gone. No oatmeal, no canned tuna, no flour, no chicken and no eggs. Lots of other things were gone too. And forget about anything in the paper aisle, like tp, kleenex or paper towels. And this was Safeway, which is pricier, and has more groceries than Fry's (Kroger) and Walmart. I haven't even tried Costco or Trader Joe's. I've heard TJ's is wiped out.

Donna, we now have 21 confirmed cases in Arizona, I believe. I think the first one was in my city, at Arizona State University. It was a student who had been to Wuhan China.
Old 03-17-20, 04:29 PM  
donnamp

Sherry - I agree about the groceries/supplies -what is unfortunate is that we di that to ourselves - well, the people who felt compelled to hoard did. Ugh. Hopefully that situation will calm down soon.

I'm worried about a lot of things - but trying to take it a day at a time and not get too stressed - which is easier said than done.

I am waiting for a "shelter in place" order - I'm sure it is coming.

I am also worried about how this is going to affect DD's school - the May SAT has already been cancelled...

Oh well - nothing really we can do about any of it except to keep going.

On a bright spot it is comforting to know that companies are looking into vaccines and anti-virals for this - so that will hopefully calm the situation down and improve outcomes for people who get it.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 06:14 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I haven't been to a grocery store since last Wednesday, but my brother went yesterday and said it was crowded and there was no fresh food at all, but they did have frozen food so he bought that. No paper products either. I bought two 12 packs of toilet paper weeks ago before things got crazy, but I don't think it's enough. I'm too afraid to go out to try to find it and that's probably pointless anyway, so I'm just going to wait and hope that the hysteria calms down a bit by the time I am close to running out.

Donna, I agree there will be a shelter in place order before too long. They've already stepped up the 8pm curfew around here to say that travel is prohibited, unless you are in the medical field. Yesterday travel was "strongly discouraged".

My nephew is worried the prom and graduation will be cancelled. My older nephew's college announced they will not be returning to on campus classes for the rest of the semester.

Sherry, I worry about the grocery stores too, but I think they will be able to keep up with the demand, as long as cities have restrictions. Around here, no more than 50 people can be in the store at one time and some have even/odd shopping days depending on your last name. Hopefully that will help. The only other time I've seen empty shelves was after Hurricane Sandy hit here in 2012.

I've gone back to working out. I'm just doing simple, non intense workouts for now. I just don't feel I can deal with any more than that right now. I did a Jessica walk from youtube yesterday and a HASfit beginner weight workout today. I'd like to go for a walk, but the weather has been cold and gloomy.

Hang in there!
Old 03-17-20, 06:29 PM  
Leonana

What does a shelter in place order mean? Dh works for a moving company and dd works for Starbucks. Does that mean they can't work? That's a big worry for me, we can't go long without income.

I googled it, and it seems to be only certain cities. I don't know if Arizona would implement it, and it's not under the powers of the Federal government to do so nationally. I guess time will tell.

Oh well, I guess there is no use worrying. If it happens, we will try and enjoy our time together at home. Maybe we can break out some games we haven't played yet, and catch up on Netflix.
Old 03-17-20, 06:57 PM  
donnamp

These are crazy times. I do not feel like braving a supermarket or anything like that right now - I think I will just wait it out until we need to go. Hopefully things will settle down and people will stop hoarding!!

wishiwasinhawaii - I'm with you - I thought that w/ having some more time on my hands by not having to drive in to work that I would up my workout game, but I'm too mentally exhausted to really think about that for now! So things that are short and straightforward appeal to me.

Hang in there everyone!

Donna
Old 03-17-20, 08:26 PM  
Leonana

Thanks, Donna! I’m calmer now. We will be okay financially, at least for a couple of months. And our utility company sent out an email stating they would work with customers. I know everything will be fine. I just miss shopping at Trader Joe’s. I’m spoiled lol.
Old 03-18-20, 08:39 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Craziness continues! My DH is working from home now -

Anyway - on the workout front:

Bailey Brown - Pilates for Butt, Legs and Thighs
Ky Autumn/Blessful Body - Spring Renewal Challenge Day # 2 - Posture

I felt like a change of pace and some beach scenery today. Although BB calls her workout Pilates it is more like traditional high rep low weight work. It was pleasant enough to do.

Last night DD and I took another outdoor walk and I suspect we will do the same today!

Still feeling a bit stressed and frazzled.

I really do not want to go in the office on Friday - I want to limit my contacts with other people to the extent I can. I know I will have to go out to get groceries and prescriptions, but I really don't want to do much more than that.

Oh well - each day brings something new!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 03-18-20, 11:26 AM  
Leonana

I'm going to sub today, as my foot is feeling sore again. I guess the sprain wasn't completely healed, and I might have aggravated it. I'm going to do the Back Friendly Strength workout. One of my favorites.

On a positive note, one of the effects of the epidemic in China has been less air pollution, because people weren't going anywhere. The level of air pollution went down significantly. Same with the canals in Venice, the water is much cleaner with less gondola traffic. Interesting, I thought.

Donna, my dd is still working at Starbucks. Monday was her first day ironically. My dh is really busy at the moment, although I'm sure the moving business will be slowing down soon. I'm starting to go stir crazy! I'm one of those social introverts. Socializing wears me out, but I have to have some every day, mostly just being around people and listening.
Old 03-18-20, 03:36 PM  
Leonana

I did the workout, then watched a 15 minute You Tube video, while doing my own thing. I did some dumbbell moves and walking in place.

Some good news. Our bank, USAA, just sent an email. They will waive payments for all insurance and loans, if you need help, with no late fees. We have all of our insurance and home loan through them. Dh joked we should have bought a car, lol. Anyway, that's a load off of my mind. USAA services the military, veterans, and their family members. My Dh is a veteran.
Old 03-18-20, 03:50 PM  
donnamp

That is good news, Sherry!

DD and I are off for our walk.....it is our only time out, LOL!

Donna

Tags
jessica smith get strong