Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-20-21, 08:49 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Happy Wednesday! I was good yesterday even though I wanted to be bad:

~ Unplugged 2003
~ PT mat work with the hip circle
~ Lee Holden Qigong for Depression

2003 was okay, all on the floor and I subbed chest and tricep presses for the pushups and "pushdowns" she was doing.

Rose I'll have to check out that YOQI winter purge - the Lee Holden has been helping, and I could use a purge! Thank you for mentioning it.

Donna I hope you get a break from meetings for a while. That Ellen has a lot of shoulder work and gets the heart rate up. My King book is If It Bleeds, a novella that piggy backs on The Outsider, and several spine tingling short stories. I think he's getting better in his old age.

Good morning Summer Breeze - I hope you are feeling okay.

Make it a great day!!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-21, 09:53 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

22 minute outdoor walk
140 kettlebell swings

The walk was short. I walked to the CVS up the street and back but it's a pretty good hill up to the store so I got my heartrate up.
I made up for the short walk by going nuts with the swings after dinner. lol. I am planning a walk today and maybe more.

ROSE, you're getting some nice walks in.
Yes I did think it might be inner ear related or vertigo. Hopefully I can find out soon.

DONNA, whenever you mention an Ellen workout I always want to do one.

PAT, I'm always subbing out exercises in MR's workouts. Still love her though.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-21, 03:41 PM  
CS_Margaret_Fan

Hello. This is my first post to this thread, and I have a question about Margaret Richard's streaming membership. Is the original music from her PBS workouts included in the streaming service?

Many thanks!

Christina
Old 01-20-21, 03:54 PM  
CS_Margaret_Fan

Workouts yesterday:

CS 916 - Pain Release Focusing on Hips
Fitness Becomes You - Vol 1, Program B
- Abdominals
- Inner thigh
- Outer thigh
Fitness Becomes You - Vol 1, Program C
- Pectorals
- Triceps
- Deltoids
I like the exercises and the music in Fitness Becomes You, but the DVD as a whole feels 'choppy' because each segment is only 20 minutes. I'll experiment with the segments to determine what works best for me.

Christina
Old 01-20-21, 08:26 PM  
Rose

Hello!

Welcome, Christina
To answer your question, yes, the music on streaming is the same as the original PBS BodyElectric show. The music makes the workout fun plus Margaret looks like she's having a good time.

Today:
2 Mile beach walk. The sand had just been raked and cleaned. It was so
light and fluffy! But it was like walking in flour. Trudge, trudge, trudge.
Rest day for the Glutes program.
Ballet Beautiful Posture
Redefining Strength Daily Posture https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KAkQVGnhNw
YOQI Autumn Purge

Donna- The Agatha Christie book sounds good. Is it nonfiction? Slim Sculpt and Paula on the same day- you are doing your body right.

Summer Breeze Wow! That's a lot of swings. That must have felt good. Has Margaret added any new material to her streaming?

Pat The Winter Purge is on YOQI streaming. Here is a YOQI purge on youtube that has a lot of similar moves. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GtFp6sz5zM

Christina I don't remember Fitness Becomes You. Some of Margaret's shorter workouts seem unsatisfying. Though the Unplugged 1900 series are gems. What other DVDs do you have?

Take care, everyone. And glad to have you in the check-in, Christina!

Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 09:05 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

Winsor Bun & Thigh Sculpting
20 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings

It felt good to do my old reliable Winsor B&T yesterday. I am planning a walk today and maybe more MR?

CHRISTINA, welcome! ROSE answered about the original music on the streaming.
I subscribed on 12/31 for the discounted yearly price but haven't used it much yet.
But I know I will. I used to use FBY a lot but when I revisited it not too long ago it did feel very disjointed to me. I look forward to hearing about your workouts.

ROSE, love the beach walks. Nothing has been added to the streaming as far as I can tell. I think I saw on FB that MR said she would be adding another season? I can't remember for sure.

Hi PAT & DONNA!

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 09:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did manage to get Pahla's Day 19 workout in (which was walking and arm toning) and I also did Adriene's 30 Day Series - Day 8 'Snuggle' which was a nice, restorative practice. And, I needed it...one of the people I "supervise" has some major issues w/ communication and it was just a mess - she is a very diligent worker and has a good heart, but her communication style ends up alienating a lot of people - so yesterday was just really challenging dealing with that. And, I'm not really her supervisor, I'm her technical lead - so it is weird position to be in. which brings me to - gosh, I really want to retire!

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla - Day 20 - low impact cardio & standing abs -

ePilates - 21 Day Challenge Day 3 - Abs (Pilates)

Jessica Valent - Open Your Heart Routine.

I hope to squeeze something in mid-day and then something in at the end of the day - we shall see what the day brings!

Nice work, Summer Breeze!

Gypsy Rose -the book I'm reading is historical fiction - supposedly, Agatha Christie did go missing at one point - it is by Marie Benedict - she has written other historical fiction novels about different women - she wrote one about Einstein's wife, I believe and another about Clementine Churchill. This one, so far, is really enjoyable I think after I finish it I will read some Agatha Christie mysteries...

Christina - it is good to see you! MR and CS really work well together. I'm working through Season 11 of CS at the moment.

Pat -hope all is well on your end - so glad it is Thursday already!

Happy Friday Eve!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 09:17 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday I accomplished:

~ Days 4 and 5 of Lucy's Be Your Best challenge (an arm workout and a standing abs workout)
~ Unwinding Muscle Tension from Barbara Benagh's AM/PM Yoga
~ Intentionally moved around more at work and got over 8,000 steps

Hi Christina, so happy to see you! Welcome to the check-in.

Summer Breeze, it really is easy to sub out another workout with MR. You know it's for a set time period and then she will move to something else. I am envisioning you going nuts with your KB.

Oh Donna - I meant to post, that book about sterilizing people in NC - how awful! Sounds like something from medieval times.

Rose, I looked for the purge practice and wondered if it was on the streaming website only. I almost signed up for it once but chose Glo.

Have a lovely day everyone.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 08:14 PM  
Rose

Hello!

Nothing today except a Costco run. A true rest day.

Pat-Barbara Benagh's practice must have been pleasant. She has such a calming nature.

Donna Oh, that's tough supervising when you are not the supervisor. All the responsibility without the authority. Here's to hoping retirement comes soon! You got so much in already. I checked out the Pahla B video-- is it the one for Women over 50?

Summer Breeze Winsor B&T is a classic. I remember reading someone on the GD and they said they did that 3 times a week for a year and they had Buns of Steel.

Hello Christina!

Take care everyone.

Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 08:51 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

TGIF!

Yesterday I squeezed in CS 1110 during the day - and then later in the day I walked w/ my DD and Golden. It was a nice day yesterday -so I just had to get out. The weekend is going to be cold...like highs in the 30's which is miserable to me....I have become such a cold weather wimp.

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 21 - Weight Training. This was all weights - all slow paced - one minute intervals. Low dread.

Rebekah Rothstein - Buff Bones - this is a workout she did for Jessica Valent as a guest instructor. It was slow moving, but I enjoyed it - a mix if PT, education about bone health and a bit of Pilates. I am tempted by her Buff Bones subscription, but it seems pricey for what you get - a 5 min video every day for $15/month. I guess I could look at is a .50 per day....LOL. I like her approach though. I may join Pilates AnyTime at some point to take advantage of the workouts she has there, I think you can get 30 days for free w/ the code "Rothstein"...so that is something to think about for the future.

Later today I will get some yoga in - I think something w/ Jill Miller....feeling the need for some PT in my yoga today.

waves everyone -happy Friday!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jim fixx