Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-12-03, 03:18 PM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

VF Support Reminder

If you became a VF supporter early in 2002 and can afford to contribute again, it's time to renew your support. If you haven't yet become a VF supporter, please consider doing so.

Our costs have gone up significantly since last year. After our an inexpensive host we were using went under (ah, I knew it was too good to be true!) our costs went up about 50%, and after getting the bills from the first few months of 2003 I see our costs will be up more like 100-150% in 2003. We've had a great deal of growth since the new year, which is great, but growth has also increased our costs in the form of upgraded server packages and additional bandwidth. The higher my VF bills are, the more outside consulting work I must do to make ends meet, and that's time I can't spend working on VF.

The suggested annual contribution is $20, or about the cost of the average video or DVD, but any amount large or small is appreciated, and gets you that coveted VFS icon.

Whether or not you are able to contribute directly, please remember to use the VF links in the "Support VF" pull down menu in the purple forum toolbar whenever you shop with vendors like Amazon, Collage, Road Runner Sports etc. because that helps support us, too. We get a small commission on items purchased from those vendors.

For more information about how you can support VF, see the Support VF page. If you do not want to use PayPal, our mailing address is on that page. Please include your forum user name with any contribution so that I can give credit to the right person.

Thanks so much to those of you who have become new supporters and to those who have already renewed their support!

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-03, 04:11 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I renewed my support! Thanks WWWendy! nfm

nfm
LeslieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-03, 10:13 AM  
Michele S

Wendy, I'll send a check.
Thanks! Michele
Michele S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-03, 11:05 AM  
paidhi
VF Supporter

Paypal isn't supported in my country - is there any other way I could contribute? Money order, moneygram....

Lisa
paidhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-03, 09:36 AM  
Shortstuff
VF Supporter

Thanks Wendy! VF has my support!

Just made a contribution through Paypal! Thanks again!

Tracey
Shortstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-03, 09:59 AM  
Sharonm
VF Supporter

donation sent

Hi Wendy. Thanks for all you do for this wonderful place. I just sent my donation for this year.

ACE Group Fitness Instructor
Fit 4 Life
Sharonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-03, 11:23 AM  
*pet*art*girl*
VF Supporter

Wendy,
this is so funny. I was JUST thinking of how it is about time to contribute again last night, on my way home from work!
(I hadn't seen this post.)
What is your paypal email? Because I want to use Paypal, but I have $$ in account there. Let me know, thanks!

edited: I figured it out. Thanks, Wendy.

“Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion; you must first set yourself on fire.”
- Reggie Leach

“A big shot is a little shot that kept shooting” - Unknown
"I caught myself cheating! Shame on me!" - Cathe
*pet*art*girl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-03, 05:35 PM  
Colleen
VF Supporter

Wendy,

I just sent a check by snail mail.

If I had a nickel for every time I've had to prove that exercise can work without pain, I'd be a very rich woman.
- Pilates teacher Brooke Siler
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-03, 06:07 PM  
FitnessFay

Unhappy Last year there were plans for . . .

VF merchandise to be sold in conjunction with supporting the VF website? (If I remember correctly, it was last fall.) I've been eagerly awaiting for that to start happening! Any word on when we can start with that?

Fay
FitnessFay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-03, 05:06 PM  
PamelaP

Quote:
Originally posted by paidhi
Paypal isn't supported in my country - is there any other way I could contribute? Money order, moneygram....
Since Wendy is able to accept checks, I'm sure money orders would work just as well. Here's another link to the page that has the mailing address:

http://www.videofitness.com/about/supportvf.php
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, forum issues, forum maintenance, support vf, vf members, vf support