Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion > Workout/Fitness FAQs

Old 02-20-03, 01:06 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Thank you!

This is EXACTLY what I needed. Thank you! I think Joyce should send all you guys a free DVD for representing her here! I wonder how many DVD's/VHS's and books have been sold from these numerous posts. I know I've bought a book as a result and I'm considering a DVD.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-03, 01:17 PM  
Elaine P.
VF Supporter

Wow, what a thorough thread! You guys rock! Thanks for compiling all this info -- Wendy, shouldn't this go in the FAQ section?

--Elaine P.
Elaine P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-03, 01:22 PM  
Messe

Note to VFers in Europe and Australia:

Joyce automatically ships PAL-format videos to Europe and Australia unless you ask her to do otherwise.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-03, 01:40 PM  
Debbie57
VF Supporter

Thumbs up What an awsome thread!!

Right now I have all of her DVD's and doing her Brand new Super Shape up "Shake it up" plan!!
Old 02-20-03, 02:38 PM  
anyafire
VF Supporter

Thank you so very much for this thread! You've answered every question I had (and then some!), and I really think you've saved me from injuring myself.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the time and effort you put into this.
Old 02-20-03, 02:42 PM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

Debbie, thanks for reminding me

6: What is this 'super shake-up plan' people keep referring to?

Courtest the FAQ on Joyce's website at www.joycevedral.com:

If you're up for it, there's no reason to wait at all. If you want to get in shape the fastest way possible, here is the BRAND NEW SUPER SHAPE-UP SHAKE IT UP PLAN! It involves switching videos sets three times a week and doing different things three weeks straight then repeating the three week cycle. It's a wonderful exciting new plan.

Why do this? The very latest research shows that the more you change your routine the faster your body loses fat and becomes toned and reshaped. You burn more fat and get toned faster because your body has to work harder this way-it's called "muscle confusion." Also your mind does not have a chance to get bored and rebel! You always have something new to look forward to. With the following plan you will force your body to get in shape in record time.

CYCLE A: Day 1: Bottoms Up upper body and abs. Day2. Bottoms up Lower body and back and Gut- -Love Handle-Pooch Busters. Day 3: NON-STOP upper body, and The Bathing Suit Workout. Day 4: NON-STOP lower Body and Interval Aerobics. Day 5.Dynamic Tension half of the tape. Day six: Dynamic Tension the rest of the tape. Day seven. Rest from weights-option-do Interval Aerobics. Move to Cycle B.

CYCLE B: Day I. Fast Forward Cycle I and II. Day 2. Fast Forward Cycle III and Extra Abs. Day 3. Definition Upper body and Interval Aerobics. Day 4. Definition Lower body and Definition middle body. Day 5.Weight Training Made Easier workout day One. Day 6. Weight Training Made Easier workout day two. Day 7 take a day off from weights-option. Do interval aerobics. and move to cycle C.

CYCLE C: Day 1. The fat burning workout upper body and the Bathing suit workout. Day 2. The fat burning workout lower body. Day 3.Bone Building Body Shaping Workout--the entire workout or half the workout and Gut Love handle Pooch Busters. Day 4. Gut-love handle pooch busters. (If you only did half of Bone, you do the other half today and again do gut or leave gut out!) Day 5. Nonstop. The entire workout. (Or do upper body only and bathing suit workout. Day 6.The bathing Suit Workout. (Or do lower and middle body of Non stop if you did upper and bathing suit yesterday.) Take one day off from weights (option, interval aerobics) and start cycle A again. Keep going.

When should you do the stretch video? A minimum of at least once a week, preferably two to three or more times a week. Can you do interval aerobics six days a week-and even on the days you do your weight training routines? Yes because you don't use weights with interval aerobics.

Also---would anyone be interested in having me clean up the formatting a little and saving the info in this thread as a text file that could maybe be dowloaded somewhere, like from the place where you get the workout logs or something? That way if there are additions or changes, we can have it all easy to update and concisely available. Maybe there could even be a little section at VF for this in case people want to create guides to other instructors? Wendy, what do you think?

Joanna
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-03, 02:53 PM  
Leela
VF Supporter

I may have missed this, but virtual-fittrainer.com has some joyce info

http://www.virtualfit-trainer.com/supermaxplan.htm
Leela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-03, 02:59 PM  
nigel-bigel

Thank you so much for compiling all of this information! I have been on the computer for the past few days between her website and this one trying to figure which workout is next for me, (I already have FB2 and the original BU). Finally having all of this in one place has made my next purchase decision - Definition - crystal clear! Thank you again, that was a lot of work.

Also, from Ghira: “I just bought my third Joyce workout. She's real. No breast implants, face lifts, pre-video starvation diets, glamor lighting, etc.". Uhhhhh, you might want to look again. There is no way those happy boobs are hers!

(But still, you've got to admire her!)

Nicole
nigel-bigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-03, 03:05 PM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Joanna and Deanne,
You have succeeded in demystifying Joyce and her workouts for me. I know when I read Deanne's check-ins in the morning--I feel like I am reading Greek because I don't know anything about Joyce!
I appreciate all of your hard work, and agree that you deserve a freebie from Joyce for ironing it all out for those of us that have been out of the Joyce loop!
Thanks again,
Janet
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-03, 09:29 PM  
rosiekitty
VF Supporter

Thank You Both!

You have done a real service for the vidiots curious about Joyce. Thanks!!!
rosiekitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dynamic tension, everything, everything joyce vedral, joyce vedral, momentum, now or never, top shape