Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-12-19, 09:56 AM  
Diana3271

2019 Beauty thread

Is there a new beauty thread? TIA

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 10:14 AM  
sherry7899

I was wondering that. I have not seen one for 2019.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 11:01 AM  
Lannette

You may have just started it.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 11:15 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
You may have just started it.
Diana, do you want to change the title, adding in "2019?"

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 11:23 AM  
BunnyHop

Hi everyone!

Could I chime in with a question?

My skin is lots dryer than it ever was when I was younger. Changing hormone levels, I guess.

The irritating thing is that even though I need to moisturize my face, the ones I've tried so far have caused breakouts. (Wrinkles and pimples, oh, the joys of getting older.)

How do you figure out what to use on your face to moisturize?

This is making me a little nuts. So frustrating.
Old 01-12-19, 11:39 AM  
Gams

Anna, I use Neutrogena Visibly Even Moisturizer. It works good for me and I am picky about anything that goes on my face because when I was younger I had oily skin and was prone to breakouts.

Also, I just want to mention how much I love Toppik and Big Sexy Hair Powder Play. I am 60 and my hair has been thinning on top - Toppik has made a world of difference. I also have fine hair that tends to go flat and since I’ve been using Powder Play I no longer need to use a half can of hairspray every time I do my hair. They are miracle products as far as I’m concerned and I never have fewer than 2 bottles of each on hand. I had to laugh the other day when my order of Powder Play came to the house and my boy friend called me and said, “Did you order some Sexy Powder?” If only it were that easy..
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 04:57 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Hi everyone!

My skin is lots dryer than it ever was when I was younger. Changing hormone levels, I guess.

The irritating thing is that even though I need to moisturize my face, the ones I've tried so far have caused breakouts. (Wrinkles and pimples, oh, the joys of getting older.)

Number one for me is fragrance free. I'm allergic. It can also irritate the skin and make breakouts worse.

I use the CeraVe Cream in the tub. It has ceramides in it. It sounds counter intuitive, using a thicker cream. However, I have normal/oily skin, and it doesn't break me out. I like to put it on when my face is damp, and mix it with the water on my skin. It sinks right in, and doesn't leave a greasy feeling.

My other favorite is the Cetaphil Redness Relief Nighttime Moisturizer. It has ceramides and niacinimide in it. My teenage daughter, who has acne, likes this one too.

Some people like CeraVe PM Moisturizer. It's a liquid, and lighter than the cream. It also has ceramides and niacinimide.
Old 01-12-19, 05:30 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Hi everyone!

I've been testing an oil I'm really enjoying. Its from 5Am Provisions. Amaranth oil. Its a dryer oil so it seems to sink in quickly and gives my skin moisture pretty much all day

I'm planning a video on it really soon.
Old 01-12-19, 06:12 PM  
Diana3271

Ok, here we go with a new beauty thread!

Here's my question. I have used Clinique's Clarifying Lotion - Mild since the beginning of time, LOL. Gone But Not Forgotten has run out so there's no more available there. I am down to my last bottle. Anyone else use the Mild Clarifying Lotion and found something similar? I haven't tried the replacement, 1.0. The reviews are not good. Any thoughts on a replacement? TIA

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 06:38 PM  
kitty12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Ok, here we go with a new beauty thread!

Here's my question. I have used Clinique's Clarifying Lotion - Mild since the beginning of time, LOL. Gone But Not Forgotten has run out so there's no more available there. I am down to my last bottle. Anyone else use the Mild Clarifying Lotion and found something similar? I haven't tried the replacement, 1.0. The reviews are not good. Any thoughts on a replacement? TIA
I loved the mild clarifying lotion. It was quite some time ago they discontinued it ! I tried the 1.0 and my sensitive skin hated it. I can’t believe Clinique replaced such a great product with one that contains witch hazel. I tried a few different products and nothing that I liked as much. Seems like they all had fragrance or something irritating in them. In the end i ended up using micellar water after I wash my face. I follow up with Jurlique Calendula redness spray.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2019, clothes, clothing, hair, makeup, skin