Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-13-15, 09:45 AM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - There Is No Such Thing As Fun for the Whole Family 9/13

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are professors/teachers, some have jobs outside the home and some don't. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn't get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don't even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A new thread is started every Sunday. Some report daily, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each others goals. Oh, and we're funny as heck. If you'd like to join us, just come on down!
Train because you love your body, not because you hate your body. (Girls Gone Strong)
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-15, 10:00 AM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Although the title has nothing to do with anything happening at the moment, it is SO TRUE. Whether we're talking kids, mom or dad, cousins, in-laws. The bigger the gathering, the more I shudder.

Dede, I'm so sorry you aren't in a good place lately. I think lots of people have those times and you can either embrace the funk or change the message. Sometimes it works. I dunno.

I missed what Anita needs music for. A new routine?

Where's Tiny been lately?

Beth! Good run! I'm so proud of you! I can barely run to the front door.

Paula, my you're an active one! And you have a hubby of many talents too. I need to re-read last weeks thread so I can say something meaningful. HA!

Laura, doesn't the govt take your 2 highest earning years to calculate retirement? I thought so.

We've postponed Medicare since turning 65 but instead of getting a break, we're going to end up paying hundreds more to do Medicare AND Bl/Bs. Medicare will take your income from 2 years prior to signing up. So we're waiting until DH has NO additional income coming in - THEN sign up. But let's be clear. The government ALWAYS wins.
Old 09-13-15, 10:23 AM  
sciencelady
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Lexy!

I had a fun time at the Renaissance Faire yesterday with good friends . Today driving out to another trapeze rig to see some of my circus friends perform there - it's about an hour drive from my house, so don't usually trek out there to do anything, except for 1 weekend a year when I'm camping in that area. There's an art fair on the other side of town also with an artist I may be looking at using when my project is finished, but may pass on it today (two hour drive from trapeze show) and contact him when stuff finalizes its appearance around the house. Otherwise, need to do some yard work today and regular getting ready for the week activities.

Beth, shaving a minute off your previous time is fantastic! Sorry you're in pain though . These days, I'm just happy to do what I can as far as a workout - had to cut down on the weights I used previously in the gym the last two Fridays I did weight style workouts - mentally its hard to be "underperforming" but it's still good I'm there and working to my best capacity TODAY. If I keep it up, hope to see some improvements over the weeks...

Paula, I wonder what the G-forces are in that plane to be traveling so quickly - I'd probably develop lots of sagging skin from the shear in that hour .

Lexy, Yes, working on music for a Halloween themed show, so a bit creepy sounding with chains and a slower tempo (about 60-80 bpm), etc, but not necessarily a melodious vocal song. Looking more for a sound effect type music lasting about 4-5 minutes.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 09-13-15, 11:50 AM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Anita, look at Amazon under Halloween instrumental music or children's scary (or Halloween) instrumental music. I used to have a Halloween tape - just music - that I'd play on the front porch for Halloween. It was awesome! But don't have it anymore or the name.

Here is one to look through. A couple might work. You can hear a sample if there is an mp3 version:
MUSIC
Old 09-13-15, 11:54 AM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Try The Dark of Fall by Darkmood

whoops! Dead of Fall
Old 09-13-15, 11:59 AM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

50 Scary Instrumental Strings Collection
Scary Strings Ensemble

Gondolier is awesome! Do I have to do EVERYTHING for you? My goodness!
Old 09-13-15, 01:22 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We actually got out of the house twice yesterday! We went grocery shopping together and then last evening we went to a couple of stores to look at possibilities for new printers. DH is getting an itch to update our technology nook and it was nice for me to get out and do something.

Lexy - Thanks for getting us started. I'm pretty sure it's 3 for DH. There are different versions of retirement systems and that's where the difference many come in.

Anita - It sounds like a busy weekend with fun stuff. I hope you get everything done you want to today.

Paula - Yeah, I looked through vacation rental sites for quite awhile. Then, when I found The One, I booked it so fast it made DH's head spin.

For those that like to have a theme in reserve for if/when you start a thread, here's one: 'Desserts' Is 'Stressed' Spelled Backwards

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-15, 04:08 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Hey, Lexi ,did your new glasses get there yet?

Beth, congrats on taking off a minute,that is a lot.

Laura, out twice? Sounds nice. Hope you got out today too.

Anita, sounds like you had a fun weekend.

Yesterday,I went to a sandbell class. They used disc shaped weights filled with sand as weights,for kettle bell moves, as a sliding disc and as a balance disc. It was a tough class and then for some reason,she felt the need to throw in aerobic intervals. She was a sub,so I get the feeling the regular class is easier. I'm trying to do one or two harder workouts each week. It's at the same time as water aerobics,so,we'll see. I love the water class.

Hope everyone has a great week.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-15, 05:44 PM  
Tiny
VF Supporter

Greetings!

Last week was an exhausting week for both DH and I. We aren't sure why either. Work is work and we just look forward to the weekend. Longmire is on Netflix and that has gotten my attention!!!! Love Longmire!!!!! Also on Amazon is Hand of God with Ron Perlman.......WONDERFUL!!!!!!

Recently I was getting a lot of feet and calf Charlie horses and realized that when I stretch nightly I get Charlie horses really bad. When I don't stretch, no more Charlie horses (auto correct is changing Charlie to a C). Now what am I supposed to do with that debacle? Stretch less I guess.

Anita~what a fun weekend you had.

Laura~so happy you were able to get out and about. I'm looking forward to your vacation too!

Lexy~thanks for getting us started!

Beth~woohoo that is fantastic!!!!! A minute is a big deal!

Lynn~I bet water aerobics is a fun thing. Glad you were able to try a new class, I like sound of sand bells.

Y'all have a great week! Oh, I've been doing upper body strength Monday's and Thursday's, lower body Tusday's and Friday's, on Wednesday's I do just cardio. On strength days I finish with a Jessica smith walk to get extra cardio in. This will be my third week of this rotation.

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-15, 10:47 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Hello all. No workout for me today but DH and I took a long walk in the hot sun around the marina today.

Lexy, thanks for getting us started, given all your posts can we assume your vision is improving? Though rare, I have been to things that were fun for the whole family. Of course these were backyard picnics. Days at theme parks and things like that are a whole other matter. Those trips can turn into bicker fests. Yup, DH is a man of many interests.

Anita, Glad you had fun at the Renaissance Faire. Heres a thought on the flight, given the nature of space/time, maybe traveling at that speed youd actually not age or even get younger while in flight. I think Lexy is having fun listening to scary music for your performance.

Laura, good day, sometimes the simple days are the most pleasant. Good work finding The One. I like the proposed theme.

Lynn, Im not sure why but reading your description of the sandbell class did not sound at all fun. If it were me, Id stick to water aerobics.

Mary, DH and I are enjoying the 4th season of Longmire too. Love that program. We usually watch two episodes in an evening, so well burn through them all quickly and have to start searching again. Any recommendations for something on Netflix?
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote