Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-18-19, 11:28 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnf View Post
walk with DH.

Cheryl, we start classes a week from Monday. It will be weird starting up again after a year not teaching.
That year sure went by fast!
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-19, 11:33 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

The Norma performance went very well. We all had a good time. Glad my friend drove. Got home a little after midnight. I think I've had enough opera now unless I'm in the audience.
Old 08-18-19, 07:04 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: TF Fire 45 EZ

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-19, 07:22 PM  
seabliss

Hi all, today I did two shorter upper body strength workouts from Fitness Blender.

Have a great evening!

Cheryl
Old 08-18-19, 10:08 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes and yin yoga class.

Cynthia, congrats on the successful performance and the culmination of your opera career -- at least for now. Pretty exciting stuff. And yes, that year went by fast!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-19, 06:58 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretch
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-19, 09:19 AM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes. Trying to check in sooner so I don't forget!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-19, 12:45 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I recently attacked my clothes closet. There were more than a few things that looked good but I haven't worn much. So I tried them on and understood why I don't really like them. Some need minor alterations.I've started doing that with DVDs; not a purge, just occasionally questioning whether they can stay. Last night I was looking at the DVDs in my stretch DVD box. Wondered why I have Leisa Hart's Fit Mama postnatal workout. Did the relaxation stretch last night. Oh my goodness, this is a keeper. Just tune out the postnatal comments. Using a small ball for support, she does plough, fish, and pigeon. 10 minutes. Slept very well.

I'm still feeling worn out from all that singing and the long drives. I know Cheryl 1 understands that singing is a workout.

Back later. I'm looking at Feel Good Fusion from Ellen B's 7-Day DVD. Seems right for today.
Old 08-19-19, 02:20 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Thumbs up

had a nice chat with Brittany from Kettlebell kings. She makes programs just for you. I like what she has to offer, I just can't swing it now. one question I've finally gotten the answer on is *how much exercise do we need to do to stay healthy?*

Here's my answer
Quote:
So great chatting with you today. I'm excited that you discovered kettlebells and they are something in your life that make you feel happy. Remember just 10 minutes a day of movement that makes you feel good done consistently is better than crushing yourself 1x per week! I know you said the coaching is out of your budget, but I thought I'd forward you the details in case it's something that you'd like to do on the future.
so, did get some direction and info on listening to my body. I have to learn to do this.

I'd take her course if I had the bucks.

So, with that being said, I'm going to do the programs that are in Laurens book for quite awhile and do Joint mobility the rest of the time .No more trying to crush anything..

Just keep moving in `10.

so, it's hot out today. Not complaining and don't have AC. I sit in my chair in my fancy pants and white tee shirt. !!!!! Under a fan

~~~Cheryl

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-19, 05:51 PM  
seabliss

Cynthia, singing is definitely a workout! And when you add the live performance factor it raises it a few notches for sure.

So--I've been so busy because we are moving. DH's job severely and suddenly broke some financial promises (again), and since we've been restless for a while, that was the clincher. Those road trips we've been taking have been scouting trips. We've never lived in a non-music place in our adult lives, between Nashville, SoCal, and Austin, and we really miss being around "our people." So we've been looking for our place to land. We've tried for other church jobs over the past year, but none of them was a fit, so it seems that door is closed for now. Besides, we've been longing to dive back into our artist/musician life: recording, writing, touring, and DH producing other artists.

Anyway, DH gave notice at his job a couple of weeks ago, and we've been sorting and packing like crazy. It will most likely take months for our house to sell, based on our neighborhood and the time of year. But we're purging and that feels good.

So I'm not getting in workouts every day because I'm spending so much time doing physical work. But I'm trying to keep my strength workouts up and keep my muscle tone. Things should lighten up in a couple of weeks when we get the house listed.

As far as where we're moving, it will either be the Nashville area or the Florence, AL area (which is just two hours from Nashville). We're in the final stages of decision-making now. If it seems strange to some that we're packing without definitely knowing yet, well, we are artists after all. And DH's job thing threw us for a loop. We're pretty close to a decision and we'll be ready when the time comes.

Just wanted to share, so you all know why my check-ins are suddenly spotty!

Cheryl