Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-21-21, 08:25 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We got the second vaccine shot yesterday and it all went fine. Last evening, I met with someone who needed emergency help on tasks using Excel and Word for a couple of hours.

Today I feel like it's the day after an infusion. I feel kind of tired (after sleeping fine all night) and draggy today. I'm going to cook DH a chicken in a clay pot with carrots and potatoes. Fortunately, it's an easy thing to make. Then, I'll take DH to his PT appointment. Other than that, not much going on.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-21, 10:13 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I already walked Gus, getting ready for the window washers, who cancelled again . I went ahead and cancelled this appointment as the HomeAdvisors can't seem to manage their service providers. I'll continue with my own projects painting the concrete porch and doing lawn divot correcting. I'll even wash my own windows! I'll go ahead and take in an area rug for cleaning also. At least some things go forward around here!

Today's walk with Gus was pretty - a few snowflakes coming down so it was around freezing. I saw swans, mallards, Canada geese, wood ducks, and mergansers - cool! Gus of course celebrated finding muskrats .

Laura, I'm glad your DH was able to check your back for weird skin marks and have them checked out - I've no clue what might be growing on my back. Congrats on your second shot! I've had my J&J shot for three weeks now, so should be fully recovered - I'm glad I got offered the one shot deal - no side effects noted.

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-21, 09:03 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. We flew home today. We enjoyed our get away. We went hiking in Sequoia Nat Park yesterday, the weather was perfect but there was still patches of snow on the ground.
We had a beautiful flight in both directions.

Anita, I don't blame you for being exhasperated with the window washers, they don't seem to actually want any work.

Laura, not to be nosey but what did the dermatologist say about the spot? Any suggestions how to get rid of it? I felt tired and lethargic after the first shot. I know most people have side effects after the second shot and I did feel a little tired. For me the first shot was worse.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 07:28 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'm actually happy to have cancelled the window washing service as they put stress on me and now are gone - relief! Today will be a busy day - Carcassonne this morning, followed by a quick tour of a retirement apartment complex, then come home and walk Gus, then do some spray painting on the railing and get ready to paint the concrete (still need to tape edges of the concrete) and do some patch painting of a window where I get mower tracks marking them. Maybe I'll actually get some of the concrete painted! Busy, busy, busy! I'm still working on how to get Gus away from the painting concrete so he doesn't become a red dog . It'll also be a challenge to get into the house with that paint wet!

Welcome back, Paula! Nice time at the park! Prefer flying or using your van for camping in the parks? I might try the window washers later this summer once I've got other things done and the weather is warmer.

Laura, how are you feeling now post second shot?

Anita
Old 04-22-21, 05:32 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I'm not sure how the spot on my back looks. The person I saw sprayed it with a freezing agent, but with the aftermath of the vaccine shot, I haven't had a chance to ask DH to look at it.

The aftermath of the second vaccine shot has been rough. At the beginning of yesterday, I felt like it must be the day after an infusion because I felt that same type of medicinal hangover. As the day went on, I felt more and more fatigued. By last evening, I felt pretty bad with exhaustion, no specific symptoms people have mentioned like fever or arm pain. I went to bed last night and slept around 9 hours. Today, I've felt a little fatigue, but nowhere near as bad as yesterday. DH is the opposite of me. Yesterday, he was a bit tired and today he has felt more severe exhaustion. After the first shot, I had no side effects at all and DH had a little arm pain.

Today, we had someone come in and repair the refrigerator - the button for the cubed ice was broken and he replaced the panel behind it. I also worked on the journal for my mom. I'm almost done with it.

Paula - It sounds like a good and beautiful trip. It's good you got out for a trip. Welcome home.

Anita - If the window washers were stressing you out, it's good you cancelled them. I stopped using services like Home Advisors back in Maryland for many of the same reasons, lack of control, mainly. Now, I read reviews on Nextdoor and Angie's List and go to companies directly.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 04-22-21, 11:02 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Today melted away in chores. The only exercise I got was a neighborhood walk with DH. Hope to get back on track tomorrow.

Anita, I think trying to work with those window washers would stress me out too, they can’t seem to make a commitment to get a job done. We enjoy driving getaways and flying getaways. Just depends on where we are going and how much traffic we would have if we drove. Also whether there’s an airport with a car rental on site anywhere near where we want to go.

Laura, sorry you’re feeling a bit out of it after the second shot. I hope you’re able to take it easy today and sleep it off tonight.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 06:38 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the WRC, walking Gus, playing some Carcassonne, and working on the concrete walkway - might actually paint parts of it! I've got the metal fence spray painted (lots of color on my house ), got the cracks sealed, and got some of the black spray paint overcolored with some house paint. I'll need to get some house paint that is a different color to finish cleaning that up. It'll be a bit difficult painting the walkway next to my house as it goes in front of the two locked entrances to the house and Gus had access to about half of it. I'll probably do it on two days for the first coat.

Laura, sorry you're still feeling the second shot effects - hopefully it's giving your body a good opportunity to make antibodies. I might give some other window washers a chance at my windows through another referral service. Nice to know the refrigerator can be fixed - I'd probably need the same repair.

Paula, yeah, I took lots of time to clear areas in front of windows in my house, then they don't show up and I put stuff back. Frustrating! That's cool that the airports have good rentals available to you - wondered if you had to have a second car somewhere to get around.

Anita
Old 04-23-21, 07:43 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

For the first time in a long time, I got the 500 error, so I'm going to try breaking up my post...

Well, I feel normal today without that fatigue, so it looks like I'm done with the vaccine aftermath. DH has a late-morning appointment at the chiropractor. I'll take him and, while he's in the appointment, I'll pick up lunch from a barbeque place down the street. It sounds like a good way to end the week.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 04-23-21, 07:44 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I finished the journal for my mom. Now, I'm working on a cover for it to give it some stability or heft. It has been a fun project. Of course, the next crafty project will be to make one for Dad, because, in my family, if you do something for one parent, you do it for the other. I have joked that I have three relationships with my parents - one with Mom, one with Dad, and one with Mom and Dad together.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 04-23-21, 07:46 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I bought the one for Mom in an electronic file from a blogger who creates journals and trackers for sale. However, when I searched for one for Dad, I couldn't find anything I wanted.

Laura's Workout Mantras: