Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-22-21, 08:24 PM  
Pam

Looking for recommendations for legs/hips pilates workouts. Something similar to Winsor Buns & Thighs with Resistance Bands. Or could leg weights or weighted balls. Any that use a BOSU? I prefer DVDs, but can use YouTubes, if internet service is having a good day.

Or, what is your favorite Pilates leg workout? TIA!
Old 04-23-21, 07:49 AM  
buffmama

Pilates & Yoga with Katja Standing Practice for Balance, Strength & Stability 20 min. Move with Nicole 8 min Lower Abs. Katja's practice was nice but seemed easy for me today. Nicole's workout was tough. That certainly shows where I need work.

Jane P - Yeah on teaser! I'm starting to schedule standing work on days when my main workout is close to the ground. That provides a nice 'balance'.

Pam - All my pilate dvds are total body other than Windsor. Sorry I can't help.
Old 04-23-21, 08:54 AM  
donnamp

Pam - you may want to check out Trifecta Pilates - she offers workouts w/ different props. On her paid site she does have some BOSU workouts, but they may be available on You Tube as well. I was a member of her paid site for a time, and I may re-join at some point, I like her calm presence and her use of props, etc. to vary things up.

I'll have to think on that for lower body Pilates....

One of my favorite DVDs for lower body Pilates is the Kathy Smith routine that Jane P uses. It doesn't use props though.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 09:20 AM  
Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Pam - you may want to check out Trifecta Pilates - she offers workouts w/ different props. On her paid site she does have some BOSU workouts, but they may be available on You Tube as well. I was a member of her paid site for a time, and I may re-join at some point, I like her calm presence and her use of props, etc. to vary things up.

I'll have to think on that for lower body Pilates....

One of my favorite DVDs for lower body Pilates is the Kathy Smith routine that Jane P uses. It doesn't use props though.

Donna
Thanks Donna for your suggestions. I may have The Kathy Smith one. I have a wonky knee that I want to strengthen and gain more flexibility in. I have setup a routine for the next few months to do strength workouts like MetaShred Extreme, Barre and Pilates for legs, each twice a week to work the muscles in different ways. Also slowly adding in cardio step and daily stretching.

Any comments on my routine? Starting June I will have to adjust the routine some as I love outdoor activities-hiking, trail running and mountain biking on dirt roads.
Old 04-24-21, 07:48 AM  
buffmama

Kait Coats 10 min Pilates Workout for Stronger Core Muscles - 13 min
Kait Coats 10 min Beginner Pilates for Firm Glutes and Thighs - 11 min
Kait Coats Small Space Cardio Workout No Jumping - 18 min
Kait Coats Slow Flow Yoga for Hips and Abs - 24 min

This was a nice combo of workouts that got a lot in. Obviously I'm enjoying her workouts - I scheduled her for the next few days and my rest day that will have a similar combo. She's cheerful and has a few sayings that she repeats which I'm finding soothing. Your results may vary.
Old 04-24-21, 08:20 AM  
donnamp

Hi!

Pilates workouts for today were - Jessica Valent - 20 Min Gentle Pilates for Beginners and her Sciatica Routine.

I think the Gentle Pilates is on You Tube as well as her paid she is wearing green tights in it.

buffmama - I watched a few of Kait's and they look good!

Pam - I'm not sure what Metashred is...it is good that you enjoy so many outdoor activities - I enjoy outdoor walks/hikes. I should take up biking. I used to run many years ago - the mind is willing, but the body not so much!

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday!

Donna
Old 04-24-21, 08:46 PM  
MathTeacher

Today I did Moving Mango Full Body Workout, Knee and Wrist Friendly. I think it was more core than it was full body, but what do I know.

buffmama, thanks for suggesting Kait Coats.
Old 04-25-21, 07:17 AM  
donnamp

Hi,
This morning I did Jessica Valent - Pilates for Prolapse. I don't have a Prolapse, but I find the exercises in this practice to be helpful for my hip/SI joint.

I think she has both a longer version (on her paid site) and a shorter version (on You Tube).

Jessica, herself, suffered from Prolapse (3!) and had surgery recently. She is very open and honest about it and her experiences...

I hope to walk today as well!

Donna
Old 04-25-21, 09:31 AM  
buffmama

Kait Coats The BEST Ab Blasting Pilates with Small Stability Ball 20 min. Also did her Shoulder and Hip Stretches for Beginners 21 min which was lovely. I find I like when instructors have certain phrases they use repeatedly and if they always introduce and close the class the same way - it's soothing for me.
Old 04-26-21, 06:27 AM  
buffmama

Kait Coats Pilates Yoga Fusion Full Body 25 min Intermediate to Advanced (probably because of the push ups) and no jumping Full Body Cardio Combo Class. Club Forme Pilates & Barre Quick Arm Burner with Weights 10 min.