Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-21, 01:29 PM  
TinaT

Clarity and Apologies

For clarity, I did not realize until just recently how off I've been due to the lingering effects of covid. (brain fog) I have misplaced more items than I can count, missed appointments/commitments, not finished sentences, to not making sense in some of my posts, etc. Talking with family, who brought this to my attention, and others who are dealing with the same effects, I feel the need to talk about it here.

Recently I made an unfinished post that effected one of you. (you know who you are). And I know I apologized when it happened, but I continue to beat myself up over it and question how I mistepped so badly. If you would send me your address privately, I'd like to make it right.

I'm also dealing with taste and smell issues, and the fatigue came back after about 3 weeks of not having it. Working out isn't even a thought right now. Just doing daily taskes is my goal. My RHR continues to dip too low for me. (lowest has been 39).

Let me make it clear that I refuse to be a victim of this virus, so I feel responsible to right any wrongs I've unintentionally created. I will not let the effect of covid be a crutch.

Thank you for all the kindness and support I've been given during this time and for all the years of great conversations about fitness. I'm so lucky to have this place.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-21, 10:35 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I am so sorry you are still suffering from this.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-21, 11:53 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Sure hope you feel better soon, Tina.
Old 03-28-21, 05:28 AM  
amoodygirl

Oh Tina, I'm so sorry. On one hand, I'm thankful you survived this virus. Many have not, including my cousin.

With time and patience, I'm sure you will begin to get back to your old self. Just take care and don't beat yourself up. The world is difficult enough at this time.

Hugs to you.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 08:20 AM  
DCW

Tina I wish and pray for a complete recovery for you. This past year I have asked folks to remember to be kind to yourself and others. Everyone has been impacted in some form or fashion.

We don't know what journey anyone is on. We are all struggling and trying to cope. You are not alone. Patience is much in demand and short in supply. May God's healing mercies continue to grace you. May love understanding, and family and friends continue to surround you. May strength of my mind and spirit help you during these times. Thank you for having the strength to talk about your recovery. You and your story has helped many that you will never know. Peace and blessings.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 08:52 AM  
TinaT

Thanks everyone and thank you DCW for the prayer. I just wanted everyone to know that I've been off in how I communicate and things that I've done. Not just in my home life and community but online as well. I just want to acknowledge it and make sure everyone knows I'm aware of it...now.

I am being kind to myself but want to make an effort daily to be my best... whatever that means. One day at a time.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 03:20 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Thanks everyone and thank you DCW for the prayer. I just wanted everyone to know that I've been off in how I communicate and things that I've done. Not just in my home life and community but online as well. I just want to acknowledge it and make sure everyone knows I'm aware of it...now.

I am being kind to myself but want to make an effort daily to be my best... whatever that means. One day at a time.
{{Hugs}} We are all flawed human beings. Being perfect is highly overrated. Sometimes it’s easier to forgive other’s imperfections than our own. It took me many years to learn to let go and forgive myself for my mistakes. This will pass for you -just keep letting it go.

“Love yourself—accept yourself—forgive yourself—and be good to yourself, because without you the rest of us are without a source of many wonderful things.” Leo F. Buscaglia
Old 03-28-21, 04:14 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

It's difficult to communicate online during normal circumstances. And, then have others understand (or misunderstand) your meaning happens more than we might realize. Either in the workplace via email, or in correspondence with family/friends, and on social media, etc.

I'm sorry you're struggling with all the after effects of Covid and not feeling quite yourself. I think if people would be more compassionate and have more empathy for others, most would understand your situation. Unfortunately so many people are wrapped up in themselves and don't look beyond their own self interests.

It's good that you feel comfortable enough here at VF to share your heart and offer an apology. That's a big step in bridging the gap, no matter the circumstance.

I hope you start to feel better soon. I know others who have been sick and have experienced some of the things you've described above. And others have recovered just fine with no ill effects. It's been a difficult year for everyone, some more than others.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 08:13 AM  
Rhonda

god bless you Tina. Hope you start to feel normal soon. Sorry your going through all this.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 02:30 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

<<<<<hugs>>>>>

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote