Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-21, 01:46 PM  
Vantreesta

Happy Baseball Opening Day! I am super excited to watch my guys in regular season play again! We already had our 3B come out of the game in the 1st inning, though, so that's nerve-wracking given he missed half of last season with a calf injury.

I'm starting off the month with a negative covid test, thankfully. I was sure it would be but my sinuses or allergies or whatever it is I deal with fall through spring have been worse the last few days so I figured the responsible thing was to get tested just in case. I had more headaches and worse fatigue in March than the previous months and still feel tired but relieved by the confirmation it isn't covid. My dad wants me to go see my doctor but I'm going to bargain with him to see how this month goes with truly sincere efforts to go to bed earlier and improve my sleep. I told him March is always a very rough month for me and then I just kind of snap out of it. I also wasn't as good last month about taking all my supplements and I didn't have my usual magnesium bc GNC supposedly was out for over two months. They finally shipped and should be here in the next couple days. I also got out of my chamomile tea habit, which really does seem to help so my focus this month will be primarily sleep. It looks like our virtual tri will be the last week of the month so I'll be focusing workouts toward that and looking forward to more weight training after that.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-21, 07:14 AM  
buffmama

How is everyone planning on working Kassandra's evening practices in? I'm not sure I'll be consistent in the evening so might do them in the morning. I can be a rebel like that.
Old 04-02-21, 07:25 AM  
Vantreesta

Buff, I'm redoing her AM challenge first thing in the morning and will do the PM one sometime btwn our last walk and bedtime. Odds are I won't do it on wknds though so I will be behind. I did both yesterday as planned. I had high hopes I would sleep better but no luck!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-21, 07:39 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
How is everyone planning on working Kassandra's evening practices in? I'm not sure I'll be consistent in the evening so might do them in the morning. I can be a rebel like that.
I exercise in the morning, so I'm going to pair it with EPIC HEAT starting both next Mon. I'll be behind, but that's fine.

I caught up on the Jessica V finishing the series today.

Sandy O
Old 04-02-21, 06:44 PM  
Helen

Fri, 2nd of April
22min, Adriene - Dedicate - Day 13 Space
90min dog walk with DH - that included the mile run (strike that) JOG - measured on Google Earth down along the harbour. No, DH did NOT run with me, he walked with Alice - who had already been run ragged chasing a ball.
56min, Les Mills - Body Balance 35

Goals for April
• More consistent posting
• Continue to do a modest yoga every day, mostly after work
• Run/jog/walk a 1.6 km (1 mile) every day
• 45min of formal exercise every day
• Minimum of one Cathe chrono workout per week
• REALLY try to make 'buddy' workouts the extras on top of my own rota
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 07:39 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
I exercise in the morning, so I'm going to pair it with EPIC HEAT starting both next Mon. I'll be behind, but that's fine.

I caught up on the Jessica V finishing the series today.

Sandy O
Sounds like a plan. I guess I'm starting Tuesday. I will re-arrange what I had planned.
Old 04-03-21, 09:28 PM  
Helen

Saturday, the 3rd of April
20min, Adriene - Dedicate - Day 14 Grace
90min, dog walk, down to flat of harbour for the 1 mile jog, it's more a careful shuffle still, until I get used to the movement.
two trips 4 blocks downhill & back up - a new "Metro" supermarket has opened at the bottom of our street & DH sent me down for various things with the cooking yesterday. Finished the day at 160 floors.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 06:56 AM  
buffmama

Sandy - Looking forward to hearing what you want to share about EPIC Heat. I so want to come out and play in the heat with you but am going to grind my way through EPIC II first. Have fun!
Old 04-06-21, 09:53 AM  
buffmama

Last 2 weeks were a great prep for today, eased right into it. And felt every minute of it! Happy to be back in action with a preset plan someone else took care of.
Old 04-06-21, 01:14 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Sandy - Looking forward to hearing what you want to share about EPIC Heat. I so want to come out and play in the heat with you but am going to grind my way through EPIC II first. Have fun!
So far so good. I'm using a variety of weights, so I can go as heavy as possible, but still making it to the end of the video.

I've decided Wednesday and Sunday will be my off EPIC HEAT days, so I'll have an extra day off this week pushing Sunday's class to next Monday.

Sandy O