Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-16-21, 08:22 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Nora, we lost everything on the computer; pictures, documents, everything. The good news is while we hadn't downloaded our pictures in a while we do back them up on disk. Its just frusterating to lose everything again after losing it all almost a year ago. congrats on being able to play tennis and do weights!

SB, good job on all the walking. My parents got the shots at the same time, Dad had a reaction to both of them, feeling tired, etc. but Mom, who we consider in more fragile health was fine.

Dad and Hubby got the Blazer running that they have been working on for so long, yay. Now its parked in my front yard, boo! We are planning a camping trip this off days, so Hubby spent most of yesterday trying to replace the broken kitchen faucet that froze in the cold weather. The made for homes faucet was fine but he had a little trouble getting it to attach to the water hoses, which are more like a garden hose than a pipe. We had a leak for a while but he finally fixed it. I think he used an entire roll of teflon tape.

I'm scrambling trying to get things ready for our trip, one of the documents we lost was the Camping List that tells me what to inventory and what to bring. I did have a scratched and marked out copy from our last trip, so was able to handwrite one. Don't want to do that again. It got cold again just in time for us to go camping, and I switched to summer jammies and put my heavy sweaters away!

Today was Reps to the Rhythm's 3000s walk #32 and GrowwithJo's 90's Dance party. both were okay but since I had to force myself to get up and exercise I'm sure it was me and not them.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 09:30 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

No workouts or walks to report. I feel fine from the vaccine thankfully. Maybe a mildly sore arm for a day but that was about it.
DD suffers from anxiety and she had an attack at the vaccine site and almost didn't get the shot but she finally did and had to lay down afterwards. The doctor came over to check on her and said most of the people he sees at the site have nervous/anxiety attacks not any physical reactions to the vaccine per se. She was fine after she rested but we had a dr appt because she had an earache which turned out to be an infection on top of an eyelid infection she had last week. She's having a bit of a rough time lately but she'll be ok.

NORA, very nice work with your walks, tennis and weights. I'm doing ok, ups and downs, good days and bad. Hanging in there for the most part.

PENGUIN, ugh on the computer woes but your camping trip sounds like fun! Your lucky having that very handy hubby of yours always fixing things.

I'm hoping to get back to walking today.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 08:43 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

53 minute outdoor walk
60 kettlebell swings

Planning another walk for today hopefully.

Have a good one!
Old 04-18-21, 09:06 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Our computer is still acting crazy, it keeps shutting itself off and then demanding a password and then completely rebooting itself. It’s less than a year old so it shouldn’t be freaking out like this. I’m trying to use my phone which isn’t working well, But at least it’s working.

No work out today I was too busy cooking end packing. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it :-)

SB, I’m sorry to hear that your DD is having such a hard time, but happy to hear that you haven’t had a reaction to the shot. I hope you were able to get a walk in. I made a bunch of summer foods for our trip, such as chicken salad, and now the temperatures are going to drop with lows in the 30s!! Yuck!!

I’ll try to steal hubbys iPad and see if that works better :-)

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 09:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

50 minute outdoor walk

I am hoping/planning another walk for today.

PENGUIN, computer issues are so frustrating. I rarely, if ever, use my phone for posting. Sorry the temps aren't cooperating for your trip but I'm sure it will still be fun and relaxing.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-21-21, 08:38 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

SB- I hope all is well with your daughter.

PP- Don't you dare complain about the weather!! We're supposed to get some snow tonight. Can't believe it or accept it....but apparently true. Anyhow, happy camping!

I've been trying to do a bit more besides just walking. I've resolved to do at least a half hour of stretching or yoga every day. So far: Eion Finn, Patricia Waldon, and yesterday was Alan Finger. I've been walking every day also. Yesterday, I did a pre-mix from Cathe's Step, Pump and Jump to try to keep up with a bit of strength training.

Today: I hope to get in a walk and some yoga. I'm thinking maybe Candlelight yoga. All my yoga DVDs are oldies! Any YouTube suggestions, you guys?
Old 04-21-21, 11:57 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

48 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings

Today so far:

53 minute outdoor walk

DS was off today and was in the area so he stopped by and we did a morning walk. Probably a good thing we did because we may be getting some t-storms today.

NORA, good job adding in some stretching/yoga. Something I really need to do too but never get myself motivated for. I don't do yoga as a rule but there's a lot of threads on GD with youtube suggestions, including a lot of yoga. I heard we have some colder weather coming in but I didn't hear the s-word in my area. DD has some kind of migraine thing going on now.

Have a great day!

Old 04-22-21, 09:38 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

SB, I hope your daughter is feeling better. I think a lot of migraine sufferers are effected by changes in the barometer. This weather would qualify. Good job on the swings and walks.

Yesterday: Cathes perfect 30 flow. It’s the first time I tried that DVD. I liked it. There’s a second 30 minute workout on it too. Good news for me. I also did Christi Taylor hi lo heaven.

Today: Kassandra yoga from YouTube. My SIL the yoga teacher recommended her. I’m happy with this find. I also took a one hour walk.

I went for my last shoulder physio today. My pt gave me a program for the next few months and told me I’m making a textbook recovery - whatever that means!
Old 04-23-21, 07:56 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

100 kettlebell swings

That's all I could muster. Just feeling blah and unmotivated lately. The chillier windy weather didn't help my walking mojo either.
Hoping to get out there and walk today.

NORA, glad you found a good yoga instructor on youtube. There's plenty from what I've read. I think a textbook recovery sounds like good news. You were very diligent with your PT. Did you hear Cathe is coming out with 2 new band workouts and the fabric bands to go with it. Of course I'm intrigued though I rarely do Cathe.
DD is still suffering so I'll be calling the dr again

Have a great day all!
Old 04-24-21, 08:27 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

54 minute outdoor walk

Hoping for another walk today. The weather has improved a tad to more normal temps so there's that.

Waves. Have a good one!