Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-12-21, 10:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

59 minute outdoor walk

Stay well!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-21, 07:31 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, that's horrible about the plumber! Jerk! We had a security guy come by, we thought he was going to consult and then install but he made another appointment to install a new system, with window sensors on the new windows. yay! for warmer weather and temps. My dad has an IG account so he can follow my sis and I but he posted a picture of a flowering forsythia today! I was so proud! and happy to see signs of spring!

Hubby and I have been looking at houseplans. I don't really want to build but we would get exactly what we want that way.

Today was UB and walking but I thought it said Pilates so I did that. I did Jessica's Standing Pilates Fusion Abs, followed by Reps to the Rhythm's 1400s #31 and 2000s #2, then I added on a cooldown by Daniela Saurez. I didn't like the music, she started with jazzy, went really soft guitar and then back to jazzy. I found it confusing and too varied a beat change for a stretch.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 11:04 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

53 minute outdoor walk

Planning another walk for today even though it got colder and windy again.
The wind was howling last night, very scary. I am hoping to get myself together for some MR again too. Not sure what my problem is. I also got away from the kettlebell swings too

PENGUIN, sounds like a nice workout day for the most part. Is that Jessica Smith's workout you did? I think she has hundreds on youtube. Do you like her workouts?
She has plenty of variety if you get stuck for new workouts and/or instructors.
I keep trying to like her workouts because they seem right up my alley but I can't always click. I think because she repeats circuits a lot maybe?

Waves to all. Have a great day!
Old 03-13-21, 07:06 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, that was Jessica Smith. I like her a lot but I find her workouts are usually harder than I expect, or I just feel more worn out afterwards. i'm having a hard time motivating myself to exercise also. For a while there I was doing a lot of different workouts for longer durations, then lately I'm having to struggle to get 45m.

Today I started with Lucy WR. She's not my favorite but I keeping going back to her. I really like her outdoor walks alternating LB moves but I think I've done all of those. She has a lot of short workouts that just seem gimmicky and she talks a lot! I started with Arm Workout for Women, UB Toning workout, {both of these were much shorter than the clock indicated} and finished with 23m Full Body workout, which alternated walking with other moves. I didn't feel quite done and wanted to try someone new so I tried Cara Silversmith's LIC and UB Shred. This was 45s alternating a UB move with cardio. I only did half {she repeated and I was ready to quit} so I watched the rest while stretching. I liked her and her workout so I added her to the list.

stay warm

Old 03-13-21, 08:33 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

For me, it's been back to walking when weather permits. Weather didn't permit today so I did Christi T Solid Gold Cardio. I also did her Totally hot Cardio one other day this week.

SB- I hope you resolved the plumbing situation. What a pain. It looks like you're getting in some good walks. The weather is making it much happier for walking these days. We are still up and down on that....Spring has not fully sprung in my part of the world!

PP- The thought of building a new house would give me great pause. More power to you! Nice workouts.
Old 03-14-21, 09:54 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

57 minute outdoor walk

Almost did kettlebell swings but when I remembered I was already settled on the couch with a good book and didn't feel like budging. Today is another day. I do plan on walking and maybe more.

PENGUIN, glad it seems like you found another instructor to explore.

NORA, glad to see you're walking when you can. Spring hasn't quite sprung here yet either but it's trying. It succeeds some days, some days not so much. No comment on the plumbing situation. There's still a small leak that hasn't been resolved yet.
I'm waiting for the second plumber to come and check out the bigger work that needs to be done. 'Nuf said.

Have a great day!
Old 03-14-21, 05:59 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Nora, great job getting back to Christi's workouts. She was always too fast and complicated for me.

SB, as they say tomorrow is another day.

Youtube has decided to make my life more difficult. They changed the way their searches are done. If I was Cara Low Impact Cardio and say that into the mic it gives me a C, if I repeat it again it gives me a Ca and puts up a lot of prompts, none of which are what I want or helpful. Finally on the 3 or 4th try it spells out what I asked for. Thanks people.

Since I confused Thursday's workouts I'm rotatiing what I usually do, not exactly breathing new life into my workouts but its keeping me guessing and trying new things. I started with Barre from Coach Kel {new to me}, this was a 25m workout, we spent about 10m doing four standing moves and then she hit the floor, I skipped that part hoping for more standing moves, which I got but it was the second set, that I didn't like in the first place. I moved on to Fitness Blender's Cardio Bootcamp for Butt and Thigh. I think I've done this one before, it was okay. she showed us modifications at least. Then I was ready for a stretch and chose Fabulous50's 8m stretching routine for women. She talked about how we store stress from out childhood in different parts of our bodies and if we stress we can release that stress and live better? I found that a little woo-woo for me.

I just realized its 75* outside! and we have tiny leaves on our mock orange bush. Usually the first sign of spring.

Old 03-15-21, 08:40 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

53 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings

Planning the same for today. It has been extremely windy yesterday and today.
I couldn't sleep well last night listening to the wind howling.

PENGUIN, I don't understand why youtube keeps changing things around. Very frustrating. Sounds like some nice signs of spring down your way.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
Old 03-15-21, 01:22 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

PP- I always have trouble navigating to something I want to do on YouTube, so I'm sure any changes will completely throw me (not hard to do!)

SB- Similar weather here, too. tomorrow is supposed to be better, so maybe a walk will be happening for me.

Today: I needed an easy/mindless workout that I could do on mute while listening to a podcast I was interested in. Step Across America (Jenny ford) fitted the bill.
Old 03-15-21, 06:11 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So I may have to eat some of my words on the Youtube front. Yes, its harder to get to what I want on the first try, but they improved a few things, like putting a white band around the picture that you are on as opposed to just making it slightly bigger, that's easier! and I did find a use for the prompts when I needed a cooldown, there was already a prompt there.

I tried Cara Silversmith again. I have mixed feelings but will try her again. The first workout, EMOM {Every minute on the minute} and AMRAP {as many reps as possible}UB and Cardio. Not a fan. We did a cardio section she gave us a specific exercise and how many to do, then gave us 1m to do them, if we finished early we walked in place. So, there was a lot of marching in place and waiting for the timer to ding. I was doing low impact so I did the whole minute of whatever mod I choose to do. She sometimes finished in 15seconds so there was a lot of watching her walk in place. next section was do a series of UB exercises, 8reps each for four minutes. This was frantic and rushed. We could have used some of the time we wasted earlier. Then back to the same cardio exercises. So I added on another Cara UB workout. 15m UB soup can workout. I used weights and actually felt like I had worked my arms afterwards! then I moved on to more cardio. Rick Bhullar's 3000s 80s cardio followed by his 10m cooldown The 80's cardio was fun even if it was hard to hear the music. Best line "if you lived though the 80's you had your own style long before I came along!'

The security people come tomorrow to replace our system. its supposed to rain Wednesday and then get cool again after that.