Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-21, 01:40 AM  
bex

Last night I was so very tired, but I figured I emotionally needed to do something, anything that would just be for me.

I picked one from Travis Eliott's YT channel: Beginner Yoga Flow - Yoga Basics #1.

This really was yoga for absolute beginners. No vinyasas, barely any downward dog. A lot of mountain pose and breathing while moving your arms. No sweat, no heat generated in the muscles, just movement and breath. It soothed my soul.

I won't reach for this very often, but it's good to know it's there if that's what I need.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 04:36 AM  
IceQueen07

Today was supposed to be KB Hiit in the rotation and I just didn't feel like doing kettlebells. Ended up doing RAW Box and Sculpt Outside, love the music and energy in that one. Wish she would do more like that one.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 07:44 AM  
buffmama

EPIC II Day 12 Hamstring and Glute Activation. Major ouchies. A lot of time under tension. I had to lower to a single 30lb DB or my back would have been hurting. I skipped the holds that were in place of a rest. I did finished it though and figure I need to do it again until it becomes easier. The finisher was done completely unweighted. EPIC II is definitely more advanced than the original as there is a lot more time under tension. The extra 'cardio' (which is a lot of metabolic work) doesn't change that.
Old 04-22-21, 09:00 AM  
ChelePA

Finishing last week of the Heather Rotation...

Day 4: Kettlebell HIIT Workout (52 minutes)

I really enjoyed this one. Nice steady pace which really helps with keeping good form. Especially since I’m new to kettlebells. I’m usually not a fan of longer weight workouts but time flew by for me in this routine. I liked the format of 10 exercises then repeat for both circuits.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 09:01 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
Today was supposed to be KB Hiit in the rotation and I just didn't feel like doing kettlebells. Ended up doing RAW Box and Sculpt Outside, love the music and energy in that one. Wish she would do more like that one.
Is this on YouTube?
Old 04-22-21, 09:03 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
EPIC II Day 12 Hamstring and Glute Activation. Major ouchies. A lot of time under tension. I had to lower to a single 30lb DB or my back would have been hurting. I skipped the holds that were in place of a rest. I did finished it though and figure I need to do it again until it becomes easier. The finisher was done completely unweighted. EPIC II is definitely more advanced than the original as there is a lot more time under tension. The extra 'cardio' (which is a lot of metabolic work) doesn't change that.
Always impressed with you ladies who can keep up with Caroline! When do you think you would be looking to do Epic Heat? 10 weeks is quite a commitment for me. But I like that they are shorter workouts so maybe I could add in some of my favorite instructors for an additional 20 to 30 minutes or my cycling classes Depends on how intense her workouts are for that day. Haha.
Old 04-22-21, 10:41 AM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Is this on YouTube?
No, it is on her RAW channel

**Candice**
Old 04-23-21, 07:37 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
When do you think you would be looking to do Epic Heat?
I've done 3 weeks, 7 to go = about 8 weeks. I can move that around a week earlier or a week or two later. A Chisel rotation is also talking to me.

I'd love to hear from those that have done all 3 programs to see if Heat is harder/easier than the others.
Old 04-23-21, 07:39 AM  
buffmama

EPIC II Day 13 Chest and Triceps - trisets of chest press variation, fly variation, push up variation. Each triset is done 3 times. Followed by tricep work. It was a LOT of pushups. I was finished before the finisher. This literally brought me to my knees. Sigh.
Old 04-23-21, 09:52 AM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
EPIC II Day 13 Chest and Triceps - trisets of chest press variation, fly variation, push up variation. Each triset is done 3 times. Followed by tricep work. It was a LOT of pushups. I was finished before the finisher. This literally brought me to my knees. Sigh.
How are you liking EPIC II. I haven't done that one yet and cant decide whether to doing II or try Heat.

**Candice**

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle