Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-20-21, 06:11 AM  
IceQueen07

I really wish I had gotten the Rumblex and not the Turbo. If I can sell the Turbo I will and then try and get the Rumblex Pro.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-21, 08:44 AM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
I've always been intrigued with them due to the claims of increased bone density, but I never pulled the trigger.
Recently I watched a Youtube podcast by Bob & Brad (the most famous physical therapists on the internet) where Bob did an interview with Sara Meeks, who is a physical therapist well known for her work with osteoporosis. She talked specifically about the Marodyne low intensity vibration tablet being used in bone density research. It seemed like she was supportive of it, but after doing a little Google search, it looks like that particular model is ridiculously expensive and out of reach for the average person.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-21, 09:05 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
I really wish I had gotten the Rumblex and not the Turbo. If I can sell the Turbo I will and then try and get the Rumblex Pro.
What's the difference between these two models?
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-21, 12:28 PM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
What's the difference between these two models?
The Rumblex Pro has an additional motor which also helps with balance and the intensity is more for more toning/weight loss benefits. This is from what I read.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-21, 01:05 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Quote:
but after doing a little Google search, it looks like that particular model is ridiculously expensive and out of reach for the average person
LAC, I tried to do a search on the current price but could only find old posts from the UK or the Marodyne site where they want you to give them a bunch of personal info and they'll get back to you. Where did you find current price info? I may break down and fill out the Marodyne form. I really just wan this for the bone density benefit.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-21, 01:06 PM  
warriorprincess

I just ordered the VT High Frequency Linear Vibration Plate Machine. As far as I can tell, the linear up-and-down type of vibration at 30Hz with a small amplitude is best for bone density. I'll check back in a year with the results!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-21, 01:08 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Thanks, Nancy. Looking forward to what you find. I may break down and try that one. Maybe it will at least help with some old injury aches and pains

Old 03-21-21, 04:42 PM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenJo View Post
LAC, I tried to do a search on the current price but could only find old posts from the UK or the Marodyne site where they want you to give them a bunch of personal info and they'll get back to you. Where did you find current price info? I may break down and fill out the Marodyne form. I really just wan this for the bone density benefit.
Here is a link to a post from 2020 on the osteoporosis forum at the Inspire website where somebody indicated the cost was $2,799, plus shipping (with shipping starting at a minimum of $60).
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-21, 07:50 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Thanks, LAC. I found that thread earlier but the site kept wanting me to register to read it. Your link worked for me. I wonder why they think it's a plus to make it so hard to find out the price. In that range they probably won't get many people who decide they want it and then figure out how to afford it when they learn the price.

I found that Amazon had several Like New in a damaged box VT Model VT003F for $215, so I ordered one.

Old 03-22-21, 05:10 PM  
katmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
I purchased the Rumblex Pro directly from Lifepro (used TAKE10 for a 10% discount) about a month ago primarily for bone density. So far I have only been using the preset programs and was surprised by the way this worked my core just standing on the plate.

Tags
bobandbrad, vibration, vibration machine