Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-21, 10:55 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Question Amazon Halo input?

Hi all,
I have put off buying a Fitness Tracker because of the cost and so many choices. The other day I saw the Amazon Halo advertised. Has anyone tried this one?

Do you have any advice on a good but inexpensive tracker? I'm mostly interested in tracking my fitness, steps, inactivity and sleep.

Thanks in advance!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-21, 11:56 AM  
Negin

Hi Kate,

The only fitness tracker that I've ever had is the Halo. I've been wearing it for a few weeks, since I was approved to get it while it was on the waiting list or whatever it was called. So far, so good.
I've worn it to the pool as well and it was fabulous. No problems.
I don't use the tone of voice part, since when I do, it needs charging like you won't believe.
I love the sleep part. I don't have anything else to compare it to.
Old 02-16-21, 12:06 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Hi all,
I have put off buying a Fitness Tracker because of the cost and so many choices. The other day I saw the Amazon Halo advertised. Has anyone tried this one?

Do you have any advice on a good but inexpensive tracker? I'm mostly interested in tracking my fitness, steps, inactivity and sleep.

Thanks in advance!
Glad you asked. Considering it too.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-21, 07:06 PM  
schoolgirl-01

i had one and had to return it because it gave me a rash. i have an allergy to some plastic and/or rubber. i tried really hard to make it work since it was affordable but it just never worked out for me.

i sent it back and purchased a Polar instead.
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 10:38 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

I am kind of clueless when it comes to fitness trackers. I have heard of Polar but really unsure which one to get.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 12:25 PM  
schoolgirl-01

i think a tracker that is comfortable for you to wear, that motivates you to keep active, and is in your price range is the best tracker to buy.

most trackers do the same things at the same price point - one of the big differences i see between the trackers is the app. fitbit has the largest community and a more social media aspect to it.

the Halo cost me $65 and it's pretty hard to find a tracker at that price point.

if you can buy the Halo at the reduced price i would say give it a try for yourself. if you're unhappy return the device - i had no problem returning mine for a full refund.
Old 02-18-21, 02:32 PM  
Negin

One other downside to the Halo, and again, I haven't tried anything else, is that it doesn't register my afternoon naps. I sometimes take a long nap. Halo only seems to care about nighttime sleep.

I'm not sure as to whether or not I'll continue using it after my first three months. I think it's $3 a month thereafter, which is not much. My reason being that when I ordered it, I was under the belief that I must somehow get in a certain number of steps, preferably 10,000. I've recently heard differently from Pahla B, whom I just started following. Her approach, makes the most sense to me.
Old 02-18-21, 02:53 PM  
schoolgirl-01

i never get 10,000 steps. most of the exercise i do isn't stepping heavy. i do kettlebells, pilates, yoga, etc. i'm more concerned with all the other information i get from my Polar and not how many steps i take.

the Polar tells me the cardio load of my workouts and how that relates to my other workouts across the week. it helps to point out what days i can train hard and what days need to be moderate or light. for more useful than a step count - my phone can tell me that
Old 02-21-21, 09:56 PM  
hypnomoon

I have a Halo and after the initial 3 weeks of novelty wore off, I'm not impressed.

I have a Samsung Active 2 watch and it gives me just as much info as the Halo and then some. The voice feedback on the Halo is a novelty. It can catch the different intonations of your voice but you'll have to remember yourself what was the circumstances at that time. I can't remember that stuff!

I think I'm going to sell mine. I even bought 2 extra bands to go with it and, I haven't even opened the case. You do not get any feedback from the Halo instrument itself. You have to use the app to get any info. Again, I don't have to go through all those steps with my Samsung watch.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
activity tracker, amazon halo, fitness tracker, fitness trackers, halo