Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-21, 09:49 AM  
donnamp

Interesting, I wonder if how I was feeling yesterday was a response to the COVID vaccine. I did feel tired, had a headache (and I normally do not get headaches) and was queasy and brain-fogged. I moved my butt to the couch at 7 p.m. and only moved to go to bed...I'm still feeling a bit tired today. I guess the immune system is tired from dealing w/ a new pathogen!

I am still going to skip the bagged salads though!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 07:43 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

100 kettlebell swings

That was all I could manage. Just feeling blah. It was chilly and windy and that didn't motivate me to walk at all. Visited with my sister too. I am hoping/planning a walk for today.

DONNA, I hope you're feeling better today.
It could well be covid vaccine after effects but I would keep away from the bagged salad too.

Hi PAT, ROSE & CHRISTINA.

Have a great day.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 08:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Add me to the list of the blah feeling crowd.

I don't think my symptoms from the day before are from the salad as I feel sick again today....headache, queasy.... I'm thinking it may be allergy/weather related. Everything kind of hit once the weather changed so drastically and that may have upset my sinuses and triggered the headache which triggered the queasy feeling. I woke up last night w/ a headache and took some Tylenol during the night, it was still here this morning, so I tried an Excederin Migraine - my DD takes those for her headaches - and that may be helping.

Gosh, if I'm going to feel hung over, I should at least have tied one on the night before!

Anyway...given the way I felt, today was a light day:

Ellen - Affirmative Flow
Ellen - Quick Tone - this was one of her first workouts on her streaming site, it is 15 min of floor work.

If I feel better later I may try for a walk or a walking workout.

Summer Breeze - sorry you are blah. I'm still skipping the salad kits!

Waves, Pat, Rose and Christina.

Donna
Old 04-24-21, 07:22 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Happy weekend!

I'm going to try to be more active today. Thursday was a rest day and my Reiki session after work, then yesterday was just an "exercise is not happening" type of day. I enjoyed a yin yoga/yoga nidra workshop from the local studio on Zoom and slept very good, so there's that.

Today I've got to restart my back therapy exercises and get a walk in!

Summer Breeze - totally crazy weather! Parts of CT had hail at some points, and Friday it snowed most of the day while the sun was shining brightly. I give you credit for walking in that wind, whew. Sending you Margaret energy ... zap!

Donna, I hate that hangover headache when-you-didn't-even-drink. For me that's a definite allergy headache. I hope you are feeling better from everything soon. Those bagged salads sometimes have a weird smell.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-21, 08:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Still feeling a bit low on energy - w/ mild headache. Again, not sure if it is allergies, COVID vaccine reaction...something else?? But at least i don't feel dizzy/queasy today so that is an improvement.

Today, so far, has been:

CS 1201
Jessica Valent - 20 Min Gentle Pilates for Beginners
Jessica Valent - Sciatica routine - this one just has some good stretches in it that agree with me - I like doing this one, her herniated disc routine and the scoliosis routine regularly.

I may walk w/ DD later!

Pat - I have to keep up w/ my back exercises as well.....fortunately, I have found a set that works for me right now. I may throw in some Jill Miller from time to time, too.

Waves, Summer Breeze, Christina and Rose!

Donna
Old 04-24-21, 08:36 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

54 minute outdoor walk

Hoping for another walk today. At least we're back to normal temps for this time of year... for now anyway.

DONNA, glad you're slowly improving. Yeah it's hard to know what is causing symptons sometimes. DD was back at the dr again yesterday with the lingering headache/earache issue. We thought allergies but it could be covid vaccine after effects or who knows what? She's on an oral antibiotic for an ear infection so hopefully this helps. Those back routines from Jessica V. sound great. Another thing I definitely need to do but don't....

PAT, oh a good night's sleep is always welcome...and rare. Keep zapping me with that MR energy, it's gotta stick one of these days.

Waves to all. Have a great day!
Old 04-25-21, 07:28 AM  
donnamp

Hi,
This morning I did Jessica Valent - Pilates for Prolapse. I don't have a Prolapse, but I find the exercises in this practice to be helpful for my hip/SI joint.

I think she has both a longer version (on her paid site) and a shorter version (on You Tube).

Jessica, herself, suffered from Prolapse (3!) and had surgery recently. She is very open and honest about it and her experiences...

I hope to walk today as well! I am also feeling better, but a bit tired still. It may be stress....late on Friday I found out that one of my co-workers is leaving, I'm not sure of the circumstances yet, but it all adds up to extra work for me (yes, it IS all about me, LOL!)

Summer Breeze - I'm sorry your DD is back at the Dr. - does she have allergies? Before my daughter started taking allergy med pre-emptively, we would end up at the Dr's quite often in April and May - ear issues, throat issues, etc. it is hard to know what is going on when you mix in the COVID vaccines and stress, too.

Waves, Pat, Gypsy Rose and Christina.

Margaret is offering 6 months now at a special price, the offer ends on Mother's Day. I'm tempted...the 6 month period covers good outdoor weather workouts here and her stuff works well w/ outdoor walks. Since i don't think I'm going to the office before the summer ends, I was thinking I could do early morning walks, an MR in the afternoon and a yoga or Pilates in the evening.

Will have to mull it over some more.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 04-25-21, 08:39 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

50 minute outdoor walk

Hoping for a walk today once the showers clear out.

DONNA, since you're so good about being consistent you may find you get some good use with MR's streaming. DD doesn't suffer with allergies every year but she has some bouts of it through the years especially during weather changes like April/October.
She's been under a lot of stress the past several months too so it is hard to know as you say. Glad you're still improving and more work from a co-worker leaving IS an important thing to consider.

Hi PAT, ROSE & CHRISTINA.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 04-25-21, 12:26 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! The sun is peeking out after a rainy morning. Yesterday featured:

~ Beach walk
~ Sarahbeth Gentle Yoga for Scoliosis
~ Day 6 of Kassandra's evening yoga (yin)
~ 9,000 steps

I'm still nursing my back, sigh.

Have a great day ladies, I will be more chatty tomorrow!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-21, 07:40 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My DD ditched me yesterday - so we didn't walk -she went out w/ friends. But, I did my own walk & yoga:

- Jessica Smith - Pyramid Power Walk (30 day set)
- Jane Adams - Yoga for Beginners - Lying Practice for Flexibility & Guided Meditation (this was *so* relaxing)
- Short outdoor walk w/ my Golden (she was limping a bit - she is getting on in years, and she does play to vigorously at times!)

Today, so far, has been:

- Jessica Smith - WS 1.0 Barefoot Fusion Sculpt (a good one!)
- Jessica Valent - Herniated Disc Routine - Part 1

Pat - I'm sorry your back is giving you fits, mine is bothering me, too.

Summer Breeze - at least I have some time to mull over the MR deal!

Hope everyone has a good "Moan" day!

Donna

Tags
jim fixx