Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-07-20, 08:36 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning's workout was:

Pahla B- Low Impact Power Walk Workout to Ease Menopause Moodiness - I wasn't feeling particularly moody today - other than it is Monday and I don't want to work, LOL! But, this was a nice routine, typical of Pahla's power walks....

Blessful Body - Energy Boosting Pilates

I am gong to squeeze in Lucy's Advent workout today....it is one of her 7 minute workouts - 7 moves in 7 minutes and I will work on catching up on the ones I missed over the past few days...

Carol - good job getting your decorations up! Being out and about in the chilly air made for a good sleep last night for me.

I hope everyone has a good day - Happy Monday.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-20, 02:30 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Yesterday (Sunday) I moved a bunch. I stepped while we watching the Seahawks and a movie, though that was VERY intermittent stepping. But I was standing up and moving for most of it.

I didn't do much today (Monday) other than get groceries and attempt to function on less than adequate sleep.

I saw the thread about Jessica Smith's new DVDs. I'm thinking I'll get the pilates one but not the stretching. I don't use the stretching DVDs I already own. And I'm hoping there is a walking workout as well though I'm not holding my breath. After a year like this and her being a relatively new mom, she's doing well with putting much out there on the market. Are any of you getting her new stuff?

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-20, 06:35 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workout was

Jessica Smith - Walk Strong: Total Body Training - 30 minutes

This was a good way to start the week, short and sweet.

Brenda - I will definitely get whatever she puts out. Unless it's a puke 'til you drop workout, which I will pass. Like you, I'm hoping for something besides what we are seeing so far, but you're right, we will be lucky to get anything new this year. I was amazed that Cathe managed to get her Perfect 30 set filmed and released.

Donna nice work with Pahla. That's one I haven't done. I was never moody with menopause - lucky me!

Waves ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-20, 08:56 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I squeezed in Lucy's Advent workouts - Day 7 - a leg toning workout and Day 6- a 7 min walk and 4 min arm toner. Her stuff is nice to fit in during the day - I did the Day 7 workout at lunch and the Day 6 workout after work. It was a bit chilly yesterday, so I wasn't motivated to go out for a walk.

Today, so far has been:

Lucy's Advent Challenge Day 8 - which was a cardio circuit

Lucy's Advent Challenge Day 5 - Standing Abs

Jessica Valent - Pilates Challenge w/ Weights - this is new on her membership site and I enjoyed it - upped the intensity of some traditional Pilates exercises by using light weights. I think Jessica V. is my sweet spot for Pilates.

Brenda - nice job w/ moving around while watching TV - I tend to just sink into the couch whenever I read or watch TV.

Carol - Nice workout - Jessica is always a good choice.

Hope everyone has a nice day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-20, 10:06 AM  
fanofladyvols

Donna that's great that you found Jessica V. Is your sweet spot for pilates. Maybe this year is taking its toll on me but I keep thinking I may only do short workouts or low intensity the rest of the year and scrap my intended rotation.

Carol wonder how hard it will be for Cathe to come out with another dvd series in 2021? She may be so stressed from this one that she won't be interested in doing one next year! I am also not needing any more intense.

Brenda yes, I'm intrigued by JS "easter egg " DVDs. I call them that because sillygirl hunted for them in JS amazon listings. The funny thing is there are JS releases I have on my Amazon wishlist that I could pick up if I wanted. Plus I have a couple of JS untried in my collection. Yet I keep reading about a possible new JS release..lol!! And I really really like stretchy DVDs.

Dana another gray day here...hope you're having one where you are!

Yesterday was Jill Miller Yogalink shoulder shape up. This is a dvd that is amazing but NOT for someone with little awareness of their body. This DVD is much more challenging than her Quickfix series. You could hurt yourself if you weren't constantly assessing how your body is responding to the movements and progressions. Not a beginner video for sure. She gives the pointers but you need to listen well. I will probably do it again today because I want to learn some of these moves and make them part of my upper body strength warmup.

Tuesday hugs to all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-20, 04:37 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

The Firm Body Sculpt Blaster with Nancy Tucker

That Firm was a blast from the past (2002!) but I think it's the first time I've done it. I did the beginning of a couple of other untried Firm workouts before settling on that one. The first two I put in Goodwill while the Nancy Tucker one I think I'll keep. I also added several other Firm workouts to my Goodwill cabinet that I've never done before and which use gadgets I don't have or focus on cardio, which I've never loved from The Firm.

Linda, I have untried workouts from JS as well! But I'm always up for more. Easter Egg, indeed! She searched longer than I would have.

Old 12-08-20, 05:01 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Just stopped by to say hi! I've been very busy the past 2 days - with work and at home. Didn't do any formal workouts. All of a sudden I'm swamped at work and everything of course is needed immediately if not yesterday. The owner of the company (my buddy) must think I have more than 2 hands or that I have a clone. I'm not complaining because his business is doing very well and I'm happy to help him succeed. He's a good guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

Dana
another gray day here...hope you're having one where you are!
Linda, it's been overcast and cold here the past 3 days and I'm happy as can be! My kind of weather!

I will not be purchasing Jessica's new DVDs if she only releases yoga and stretch. I'm really hoping for some new workouts but if that's all there is, I have plenty of her other DVDs to keep me busy.

Who's ready for this year to be over? I am so done with 2020 that even though there is no guarantee that 2021 will be much better I am optimistic that it will be.

Waves to all!
Old 12-08-20, 05:09 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Dana, overcast and gloomy here as well, along with wet. I don't mind it at all. It's actually kinda cozy. And I hear you about Jessica's new stuff. I said I'll get her yoga/pilates workout but I'm undecided. I want to support her and this is how to best do that since she doesn't do a streaming service. But I do have plenty.

I just went through a bunch of old rotations of Jessica's and printed several off. Maybe that will inspire me to work on them. I definitely stay stronger when I'm following them. And doing some Firm stuff this morning makes me want to do Jessica S even more. I still like the Firm but doing JS workouts feels more like working out with friends rather than watching a formal production.

Old 12-09-20, 07:10 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's exercise was just a

Walk - 30 minutes.

When I got home from getting my hair cut I was so angry my son decided we needed to get out and walk to blow off stream. Why was I angry? In the hair salon that I stupidly sat in for 45 minutes, not a single person (except me) was wearing a mask. I saw at least 6 employees in the front waiting area adjacent to where I was not wearing masks, and of course my hairdresser didn't wear one "because he can't get it". What???? Do they not know or care what is going on in our hospitals?

If I get sick, I will turn them in to the health department so fast it will make their heads spin. And I will NEVER go back regardless. I'm mad at myself for being so stupid as to stay in there and I'm angry at them for being so irresponsible. Maybe they think they are invincible, but I know I am not. What was I thinking to wait in there for so long???? Of course I know my hairdresser from church, he's cut my hair for years, and I didn't want to make a stink, but I AM DONE. Ugh, I'm angry all over again.

Brenda - I love Jessica's Calm and Strong rotation. I did it last spring and it hit the spot. I was never a big cardio fan and cardio from the Firm was only enjoyable for me if it was a small part of the workout.

Dana - I'm so done with 2020; I do think 2021 will be better.

Linda - I don't know about Cathe. I do wonder what she will do next. I'm sure she is planning something - it may or may not be suitable for me. Probably not.

Donna - Nice job Donna! At first I thought Jessica V's new workout on her site might be a longer version of her new YouTube video, 15 Minute Strength for Women Over 50, but I don't think it is. The YouTube video uses heavier weights.

Y'all keep your fingers crossed that I don't get sick...

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-20, 09:30 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Wow, Carol! I would be furious too! That's inexcusable and irresponsible of your hairdresser and staff not to wear a mask to protect their clients. I hope you'll stay healthy.

I have to say that in Illinois and in my area, we take wearing masks seriously. I don't ever see anyone in the grocery stores I go to without a mask and most people observe social distancing. I've seen my hairdresser twice during this pandemic and he and everyone else (staff and clients) wear masks and they constantly sanitize the salon. Take care of yourself and I hope you're fine.

Hi to everyone! I hope to check in later.