Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-21-20, 09:04 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anetta View Post
The secret Santa’s might like this as a gift idea.

Anita
It's so expensive---$35.99 on the Essentrics site and $41.95 on Amazon. is that typically what people spend on the gift exchange?

I'd like to find the two "bonus" sections on streaming. When I did the live chat, they said everything was available online.

I don't understand the decision to use older episodes already offered on dvds, either. Nothing really makes sense with them, though. I was excited when I saw on ETV an "On Demand" section for their live workouts and was hoping to see some of the wonderful classes that have been offered. Presently, it's only classes offered by Miranda (which are lovely). I hope they expand that collection.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 10:48 AM  
Izzy

These live classes are awesome. I love them. I don’t need fancy bells and whistles, edits etc. I love how they just chat and instruct. I wish they get that. There is so much good content, new workouts and live classes that can easily be added to a dvd.
Old 11-21-20, 11:02 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
It's so expensive---$35.99 on the Essentrics site and $41.95 on Amazon. is that typically what people spend on the gift exchange?

CS are rather pricey and I can't say I have seen anything on wishlists in that range...but I could be wrong.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 12:43 PM  
cyana

I'm not a marketing expert, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night , but as someone who has been contemplating whether an ETV streaming membership would be something I'd use enough to justify adding it to my other streaming services, I would've loved for them to put some of the exclusive ETV material on DVD, as that might have pushed me off the fence. I could see how others might also be more inclined to subscribe if given a taste of the newer material.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 12:54 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
I'm not a marketing expert, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night , but as someone who has been contemplating whether an ETV streaming membership would be something I'd use enough to justify adding it to my other streaming services, I would've loved for them to put some of the exclusive ETV material on DVD, as that might have pushed me off the fence. I could see how others might also be more inclined to subscribe if given a taste of the newer material.
You make a very good point Cyana! If they released the occasional ETV offering as a DVD or a download, it could be a good marketing strategy to lure new subscribers.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 01:33 PM  
Izzy

Quote:
I totally agree.
Old 11-21-20, 02:15 PM  
DCW

I think dvds are coming to a close. I have everything I want. I may look at doubling up on my favourite dvds but otherwise I am ok. Since I have 95% of their dvds I can pass.

I have been looking at ETV and I have done a gift subscription to myself. With Covid I may treat myself since my community rec center is not opening anytime soon.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 03:00 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
I think that adding the free trial was huge and their way of letting consumers get a taste of the new workouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
I think dvds are coming to a close.
Sadly, I think we can all agree on this. And, if I'm honest with myself, I rarely do dvds anymore. I used to love my dvds, but they are a technology that is quickly disappearing. My boys don't have dvd drives on their computers anymore.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 03:29 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I agree that the DVD era is ending, I rarely use DVDs any more. I wish Essentrics would start selling download versions of their DVDs, especially for the newer releases.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 03:40 PM  
cyana

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I think that adding the free trial was huge and their way of letting consumers get a taste of the new workouts.
I agree the trial is nice and have considered it, but with my chronic work-life imbalance, I'd be concerned that I'd sign up for a trial and not have the opportunity to use it enough during the 14 days to get a meaningful feel for all they have to offer.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, classical stretch sale