Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-06-20, 07:32 AM  
Cher

Lower Body Floorwork dvds???

Anyone know any dvds with a variety of lower body floor work? It doesn’t have to be a million reps. I just need enough to feel it. I just finished PT for a hip issue (Sciatica, SI joint, Piriformisis) and they told me to not just do lunges and squats. They said do make sure to include floor work like outer leg lifts, clam shells, bridges, etc.

Any suggestions???
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-20, 08:12 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I think Winsor Buns & Thigh Sculpting fits the bill nicely. Either one, with or without the band. Margaret Richard also does a lot of floorwork in her workouts. Various ones, I can't think of specific titles but most of them do.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-20, 08:16 AM  
bubbles76

Margaret Richard dvds are fantastic for this. Strong Stride is another good DVD. Cathe also has a few with great floor work.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-20, 08:20 AM  
Karla25

Tracy Effinger’s Squeeze Stonger has all the moves you listed. I’m providing you with a link to the YouTube video: https://youtu.be/oZYhO6z4i8o

The workout is a little over an hour, but you can just do the lower body portion. I suggest doing your own warmup before starting the workout :-)
Old 03-06-20, 08:40 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I think Winsor Buns & Thigh Sculpting fits the bill nicely. Either one, with or without the band.
I know, I know....here I'm saying it again! (But I wasn't the one who said Winsor B&T first this time, LOL!!) You know I SWEAR by this workout for my hip issues! Also, ad nauseam AGAIN , this Yin Yoga has all the exercises that my rheumatologist/PT instructed I should include for my hip bursitis in 2016. (Michelle Goldstein's Yin Yoga):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCv4tagvnXg

(In place of the forward bends at the beginning, I do bridge since this class doesn't include it otherwise). And, it's easy to mute and follow along with your own music that I like to do...Michelle talks a lot!

ETA: As you know, Cher, from being in the same check-in, I am also using Total Body Solution with Debbie Siebers since my lower back issue, and that has really been helpful too, in my DIY therapy, LOL. Don't forget to include those psoas stretches which are really helpful for hip and lower back pains, IMO.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-20, 09:16 AM  
MsThistlebottom

If you don't mind doing a "senior" workout, the floor exercises from Tracie Long's Platinum Fitness are great. She starts with a thoracic stretch, then moves on to clams, leg lifts, bridges, and finally bird dogs and planks. It's also free on Prime.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-20, 09:20 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=AnMrsDe;2862531]I know, I know....here I'm saying it again! (But I wasn't the one who said Winsor B&T first this time, LOL!!) You know I SWEAR by this workout for my hip issues!

I know, right? This must be my most used dvd ever
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-20, 09:23 AM  
lavna

Cathe has To the mat from her ICE series which is all on the floor.
Also, if you can do barre, there's her Fit Tower Legs & Core leg section and the barre section from X-train legs.
lavna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-20, 11:04 AM  
prettyinpink

Tonique Mat.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-20, 03:13 PM  
dnna

I like Jillian Hessels lower body pilates. You can get it very cheap.
It is easy-so you may not want that. but -there is another exerciser with Jillian and the modifications are great. You never hurt your neck, Jillian says -if you neck strains easily keep your head down. A lot of people don't like pilates due to neck and back strain.
You can do this half hour easily but you can do it every day and get all your pt exercises done. I do like Winsor B and T but I just like the flow of this one better. I use it a lot and even though "easy" I find it thorough and effective and I live to do it another day.
I also like the Susan and Tamala Floor Burn, those are 45 minutes and more intense - they do have nice stretches throughout/Trudi styler and James have a lower body pilates that is long and not too easy-Core strength pilates.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor work, floorwork, lower body workouts, patricia friberg, supermodel series, tamela hastie