Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-11, 07:47 AM  
isebelleg44

Opinions of Brook Benten's Cardio Pump Fusion

I have my eye on this, as I have Brook's Buts & Guts and like it. I looked at old threads and it seemed people like it, despite Brook's bad form. Are people still doing this and is her form distracting?
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 10:34 AM  
lexybeth1

Hello'! I have only done them each once, but I also just acquired them in trade I really love cardio pump fusion!! I also loved Kettlebell butts and guts, but it was really really hard for me, lol, and while I loved it , the DOMS set in for 2 days each day progressively worse, haha But it wasnt that bad, now cardio Pump Fusion, I loooved!! It did not leave me with DOMS, but it was intense enough to feel " the burn" And it seemed to move on to the next section before it became like, "omg", if that makes sense! I also loved the bootcamp mix on CPF and really enjoyed the kettlebell workouts, it was just all in all really a feel good workout for me!
lexybeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 10:38 AM  
daisysunshine

I have to say unless it's Jillian's (In Shred with Weights) I don't really "recognize" bad form. So it isn't distracting. I love it. It's fast and fun, and it really packs a wallop. I do this one all the time.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 10:54 AM  
violingal3

I did Butts & Guts this morning and have Cardio Pump Fusion set out for tomorrow! I definitely have harder cardio, but it's just plain enjoyable and goes by so quickly for me. I also like that the choreography isn't too complicated and the use of the lighter kettlebell is a nice change from my heavier "meat and potato" kettlebell workouts. I've never focused on Brook's form, I'm way too busy moving about and having fun! Brook is a little quirky and might annoy some, but I find myself laughing at her comments.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 11:05 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I've wondered about this one too. I only care about bad form if it's going to cause me any harm or injury. I also tried Jillian's shred it with weights and I definitely felt it tweak my back. That is the only Jillian dvd I have that I really didn't like and I have many of hers. That one is never getting used again! I've checked out the clips of Cardio Pump Fusion and it looks like fun but I've also heard her form is "bad". Of those that like it, do you think there is any chance of harm if your following her exactly? What kettlebell weight do you use? I have three kettlebells: 10, 15 and 20 lbs. Thanks!
eyefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 11:42 AM  
lexybeth1

I actually only have a 7 and 8 lb. kb at this time;( lol, and the lower weights are perfect for me with her workouts KB Butts and guts the 7 was pushing it, lol, but I am new to kb workouts also, but i wouldnt think one would either want to go very heavy or perhaps be able to go very heavy due to the cardio training level I feel her kb workouts entail..But thats not to say you cant! I have read some on here that do go heavy with hers, and it blows my mind! So if It was me i would think the 10 lb. would be ok, and more than sufficient HTH ! Misty
lexybeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brook benten, carido pump fusion, kettlebell, kettlebells