Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-21-21, 08:04 AM  
buffmama

Sandy - I didn't take any photos - never do. Didn't expect to do this much. I think the weight is partly hormonal, can be the addition of prunes and chia to my meals which I'd prefer not to get rid of, and partly some muscle. It's just a few lbs but I'm 5'1" and get concerned about the few more not this few. Add in sitting at the table with buffboy as his evening entertainment for 2 hours which means I end up eating more. And sometimes going out to eat is nice just for him (and I) to see people! Although we have never done that a lot. But I can't imagine not being hungry!

Helen - I'm impressed by your 2 year plan! Not sure I could stick to something that long. And Cathe's main workouts are long! With her more recent workouts being easier did you consider doing them in the reverse order? I really like Interval Max - enjoy!

Vannie - Enquiring minds want to know - what kind of cookies?
Old 04-21-21, 11:12 AM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Sandy - I didn't take any photos - never do. Didn't expect to do this much. I think the weight is partly hormonal, can be the addition of prunes and chia to my meals which I'd prefer not to get rid of, and partly some muscle. It's just a few lbs but I'm 5'1" and get concerned about the few more not this few. Add in sitting at the table with buffboy as his evening entertainment for 2 hours which means I end up eating more. And sometimes going out to eat is nice just for him (and I) to see people! Although we have never done that a lot. But I can't imagine not being hungry!

Helen - I'm impressed by your 2 year plan! Not sure I could stick to something that long. And Cathe's main workouts are long! With her more recent workouts being easier did you consider doing them in the reverse order? I really like Interval Max - enjoy!

Vannie - Enquiring minds want to know - what kind of cookies?
buff, I'm maybe 5'2.5", so I know how even a few extra pounds can feel. I'm a few over my winter weight, so about 5 lbs over my upper summer weight. Not terrible, but I don't like the feel. Maybe instead of sitting at the table entertaining, you two can walk the neighborhood.

Helen, do you own most of the Cathe DVDs? I only have at most 6, so I get through hers quickly. Your plan sounds more daunting than EPIC Beginner for sure.

Vannie, my sister Susan had her MIL's lefse making equipment, and Carol bought it, so maybe this fall, I'll get to make lefse with Carol and Joanne!
Old 04-22-21, 02:22 AM  
Helen

I'm hearing everyone on almost each pound being noticeable - I'm 4'10" - endomorphic body type, or maybe just a very short meso/endo; with hourglass basic shape.

I have all of Cathe's workouts except the one with a title something like "Get ready for you wedding." All have been purchased either as a pre-sale and/or on a daily deal, and with the save30 deal as well. Always push the order to over $US50 to get free postage; apart from really old VHS which were bought on eBay - so dirt cheap as well.

No, didn't consider reverse order, as more will be added to the end - and I can look forward to the 30-45min intermediates, for easier days, since by then I should be ready to tackle harder things that sit untouched as they're tagged "advanced" and hence have dread factor.

Sandy - you should take photos! I whittled down to 44kg (97lb) when doing competitive power lifting (in my 20s), and down to 42kg (92lb) in my early 30s mostly due to breastfeeding twins + regular fitness, but have NO photos from my 20s, and only TWO from my 30s. "No point - I'll always be like this from now on - I'll NEVER go back to being as heavy as I was." Yeah..... sure.....

Yes, Vannie - what kind of biscuits?! Haven't made any since the girls moved out. Christmas shortbread doesn't count - not really biscuits.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 07:48 AM  
buffmama

OK pictures it is. I need some new ones anyway.
Old 04-22-21, 07:49 AM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys! I made an old recipe that I had never tried from a Good Housekeeping cookbook that's called coconut butterballs. It's most similar to like a Mexican wedding cake or Russian tea cake. The recipe only has 1/4 cup powdered sugar in it and then you roll them in more powdered sugar while they're still warm so really not a very sweet cookie but I love them. I also made oatmeal scotchies but with cinnamon chips instead of butterscotch. Hubby loved those but not so much the coconut ones so the oatmeal are like 75% gone already!

I'm looking forward to seeing more about Cathe's new workouts. I have a lot of hers but nowhere near all!

Sandy, hope you do get to make lefse! I've been in the mood to make some but hubby still has some in the freezer. I should see how much. Or use this time to try making sweet potato lefse.

Finally rode my bike yesterday. Didn't realize it had been a month! The 17 miles on it for the virtual tri next week will be rough. I will most likely split the bike into 3 sections and do bike run bike row bike.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 03:00 PM  
SandyO

What a group of shorties we are.

Sweet potato lefse sounds really good.

I got the county park pass for the year, and this week we tried out Lowes Creek. It's WAY better than Tower Ridge which we tried last week once. The snowshoe trails at Tower are not well maintained with lots of scratchy plant overgrowth, and the ski trails are just wide mowed grassy trails which I think will be fine if I ever get back to running, but for hiking and when I'm really back running, we want fun single track trails. Lowes Creek has roughly 13 miles of single and 5 miles of double. Northwest which is a city park and free which we did so much last year has 7 single and 2 double. Tower has 12 miles of double, so I have lots of hiking and running options.
Old 04-23-21, 07:55 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
What a group of shorties we are.

Sweet potato lefse sounds really good.

I got the county park pass for the year, and this week we tried out Lowes Creek. It's WAY better than Tower Ridge which we tried last week once. The snowshoe trails at Tower are not well maintained with lots of scratchy plant overgrowth, and the ski trails are just wide mowed grassy trails which I think will be fine if I ever get back to running, but for hiking and when I'm really back running, we want fun single track trails. Lowes Creek has roughly 13 miles of single and 5 miles of double. Northwest which is a city park and free which we did so much last year has 7 single and 2 double. Tower has 12 miles of double, so I have lots of hiking and running options.
Wow! That sounds nice. How far are you from the parks? To get any good hiking/trails it's at least 30 min for me.
Old 04-23-21, 12:22 PM  
Vantreesta

I have way too much grayed out in my check ins, which likely suggests I plan to do too much! I'm going to try setting up my schedule in Word and just copying over what I actually do. I used to like seeing it this way as a reality check of what I planned vs actually did but now I'm finding it demotivating. It makes me feel like a loser when I know it shouldn't bc I am still working out. It's all in how you frame it! I am working toward my goals, I am not a loser. (And according to What About Bob?, "I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful!" )
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 07:19 PM  
SandyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Wow! That sounds nice. How far are you from the parks? To get any good hiking/trails it's at least 30 min for me.
Northwest is 8 minutes away, Lowes Creek is 15 minutes, and Tower is 11 minutes in good traffic. Eau Claire, WI has a population of 70000, so I've never actually been in slowed traffic.

Vannie, I only ever list what I've done. If I planned something and didn't get to it, I move it to another day or just delete.

Sandy O
Old 04-24-21, 07:39 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
Northwest is 8 minutes away, Lowes Creek is 15 minutes, and Tower is 11 minutes in good traffic. Eau Claire, WI has a population of 70000, so I've never actually been in slowed traffic.

Vannie, I only ever list what I've done. If I planned something and didn't get to it, I move it to another day or just delete.

Sandy O
Wow - sounds like a nice place to live Sandy.

Vannie
- I end up with a bunch of extra stuff on my weekly playlists so I have 'choices' and then have to clear most of that up as it accumulates since it just doesn't feel good to look at all of it.