Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-11-21, 09:41 PM  
moonbeam31

Liz Gillies Body Lift Trainers Edge dvd. Kinda Weird, but I like it. She seemed more "normal" in her 2 Progressive Pilates and earlier workouts.
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 02:23 PM  
acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I like Kathy Smith’s Matrix Walk!

I LOVE YOUv2, but I don’t think it’s very popular here, although I know one other person here loves it like I do.
Sadly, like so many other workouts, I bought this and left it unopened for years! Just did it the other day. It's...interesting.

I wonder if I'm the only one who loves Jazzercise Dancin' Abs...
Old 04-16-21, 02:26 PM  
acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
I only have Marco's Step Factory, but I agree with your assessment. I should track down some of his other workouts (although I don't think there are many).
Non-Stop Cardio and Cardio to Go are awesome. They seem easy, and short - like 35 minutes - yet you pack in a lot of steps! So true, he is an excellent instructor. It's only because of him that I was able to start understanding complicated step workouts.
Old 04-18-21, 04:23 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Hip Hop Abs Dance Party series, particularly the Hard Body/Rockin'Abs DVD that uses light weights. Shaun has many creative moves with the weights. it's like a walking workout with weights.

the other DVD in this series, Cardio Groove/Booty Shakin' is rare to find, but i got it in a trade from a kind VFer. this one does not use weights, but it's fun to do and easy choreo.

fun music in both.
I have them both, and I agree with all you said, they are super fun! I love them, I need to do them soon.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 04:27 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I’m not sure if this fits, but Jessica Smith’s Walk Strong 1. It seems like Walk Strongs 2 and 3 were more popular, but WS 1 was my favorite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Sherry Walk Strong 1 is my favorite as well
I don't have the other sets, but I love this one too. Good variety of workouts. I am not interested on WS2, but I 'd like to get the WS3 at some point.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 10:59 AM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
It's not a specific workout, but I like yoga with sun salutations.
When I first saw this thread, I'd thought of sun salutations too (and even "agreed" with you that I wasn't thinking of any specific yoga program).

Although I wouldn't call my reaction necessarily "love" in the most enjoyment-packed sense of the word, I've noticed that most VF mentions of them are negative. I've found if they're not done too quickly or otherwise problematically, I'm happy doing them for minutes on end. (I've also noticed, though, that I'm very hard to bore with repetitious movement.)
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 02:36 PM  
amery

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post

I wonder if I'm the only one who loves Jazzercise Dancin' Abs...
I like that one too! Although I haven't done it in years...hmmm, might have to pull that one out!
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-21, 10:19 PM  
acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by amery View Post
I like that one too! Although I haven't done it in years...hmmm, might have to pull that one out!
Yay, so glad someone else likes it! The music is really good. The co-instructor, Young (sic) is great. "Party or get naughty? It's all the same to me!"
Old 04-23-21, 02:49 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Met-Rx - okay so maybe saying nobody else likes it is harsh. But most were "meh" about it. I LOVE this set!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
There are a couple of the Met-Rx workouts I absolutely love.
i really have to set aside time to finish this series - what titles do you like from that series? i should try those first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
Kathy Smith's Matrix Walk with the fake desert outdoor setting. There's just something appealing about it to me, and the "walking" workout is creative and not just the same old stuff.
same here. this was one of the few workouts that attempted to use a virtual background. now that we have better technology options, instructors should seriously try using virtual backgrounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
I don't have the other sets, but I love this one too. Good variety of workouts. I am not interested on WS2, but I 'd like to get the WS3 at some point.
i have been studying these series, and I went from desiring WS3 to WS1 over a period of about a month. WS1 is on my wishlist, people!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 07:03 AM  
Kitten

bzar, here's my response about metrx 180 from earlier in this thread:

Sure! I love Conditioning Workout 3 - it's a total body workout in 40 minutes.

I love Shaping Workout 3 and Definition Workout 3 two of my favorite lower body workouts ever.

I love Cardio Tactics 1. Not my usual cup of tea, but there is a modifier (who actually modifies - a nitpick of mine). I usually just do the warmup, first circuit, and the cool down, making it a 20 minute workout.

I have a note about stretch and refresh "just okay, leave it for days I don't want to exercise."
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad workout, ez shaper pro, favorite workouts, hard sell, hits and misses, off the beaten path, settings, silly, tony little, vintage workouts