Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-21, 08:42 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I missed posting yesterday, but I did:

Ellen - Core Yoga - this is from her 7 Day DVD - it was pretty good, the 7 Day workouts have grown on me quite a bit.

Long outdoor walk

Today, so far, has been:

CS 1129 - this was a standing and floor routine

I have officially completed Season 11 - I am not sure how long it took me - but I have pulled out Season 12 and will work my way through that season next.

Pat - ((HUGS)) that is tough - families are not always easy. Peace to you. How did your DH do on his second Pfizer shot?

Summer Breeze - yes, lately I have been more in the mood for Jessica V. I think I have come to a few conclusions - one is I don't love repeating workouts in a rotation and two, I don't love straight up weight work - I prefer Pilates, Fusion, Barre, etc.

Waves, Gypsy Rose and Christina.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 09:16 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

50 minute outdoor walk

I'm planning another walk for today. DS and his gf came over yesterday. He mowed the lawn for me and after dinner we played a trivia game. Relaxing, fun evening. DD is coming along. Now she has a migraine, not sure if it's side effect of the vaccine or just allergies but she's ok

PAT, oh I'm sorry about your sister and all the distress it's causing you. I hope you can find some peace and strength to help you at this time. Looks like you were doing some nice workouts up to that point. {{hugs}}

DONNA, congrats on finishing up season 11.
I've been so stiff and achey lately, wish I could motivate myself to stretch more. I know it would be so beneficial. I'm also not a fan of repeating workouts in a rotation, or even repeating the same instructor too often

Waves to all.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 07:58 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning all! Yesterday featured:

~ Holden Qigong 04/05/21
~ Lucy Wyndham Read's newest, a 15 minute interval cardio
~ Propped bound angle pose and psoas asana
~ 6,000 steps

This was the first in the live Holdens that was a "not good." Too many hip-y exercises jammed up my back, hence the propped angle pose and psoas work.

Now that I've finished Home Improvement I'm deciding on which Margaret to start next. Maybe I'll keep going with the All My Best collection.

Donna, good to hear Ellen's 7 day routines have grown on you. I remember it getting a lukewarm response here at VF, though some loved it right out of the gate. My DH did better with the second shot, thank goodness. Congratulations on completing Season 11!

Summer Breeze, your evening with DS and his girlfriend sounds like a nice treat. It was good walking weather too.

Have a good day to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 07:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday ended up being quite a good day exercise-wise in spite of a rough start, I finished up the day with:

Ellen - Lifted & Lean
Outdoor walk

Today, so far, I did:

Ellen - Power Fusion

the weather is supposed to be good before it rains tomorrow, so I am planning another outdoor walk

Pat - hope you are doing well...thinking of you....

Summer Breeze - I am also quite stiff and achey much of the time, unfortunately.

Waves - Gypsy Rose and Christina!

Donna
Old 04-21-21, 07:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I went back to the Jessica Smith WS 1.0, Phase II Rotation (w/ modifications by me!) today! I have two weeks left and I would like to finish it out. it is a good rotation with a lot of variety- it can easily be made into a generic template.

Anyway, today was:

Jessica Smith - 6 Mile Mix - Steady Burn Mile & Speed Walk mile - this was a substitute for Interval Max on the Phase II rotation.

Jessica Valent - Hip and Hamstring Release

Yesterday I went on a short walk, too.

We are supposed to have some crazy weather changes today w/ temps dropping 20-30 degrees!

Summer Breeze - I hope DD is feeling better.

Waves, Pat, Gypsy Rose and Christina.

So...I think Margaret is offering another special - 3 months for $60, I'm sort of tempted. Particularly with the weather being nice I'm thinking of a nice rotation of outdoor walks, Margaret and CS...maybe some Pilates too.

B3 is also having a sale, but I'm not sure I would use it for a year for the special offer price...$99/year.

Of course, I do have PLENTY of MR DVDs I can use....so there is that...

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 04-21-21, 08:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ One mile lunch walk
~ Day 5 of Kassandra's evening yoga
~ Almost 8,000 steps

The yoga was simple, basically forward bends, but it was nice. I liked the affirmation, "I am in the process of positive change."

Donna, thanks so much - I'm doing better now that the shock is winding down. We are in for the same weather here, crazy!! After yesterday was so glorious. Good luck with your decisions on investing in any of the online deals.

Good morning to all!!
Old 04-21-21, 12:06 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

48 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings

So far today:

53 minute outdoor walk

DS was off from work today and was in the area so he stopped by and we went for a morning walk. Good thing we did because I think we may have some t-storms coming in today.

DONNA, I did see MR had the 3 month deal.
I do really enjoy her streaming workouts even though I haven't been using them. It's me not her. They're the short 25 minute routines and would fit in so well when you're doing walking and other workouts. I need to listen to my own advice. DD is still suffering with the earache/migraine mess. We went back to the doctor but not really getting much help.

PAT, another nice affirmation.

Waves to all. Have a great day!
Old 04-22-21, 08:07 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I ended up feeling really off - headache, queasy, brain fog- is my body still processing the COVID vaccine? Or is it totally unrelated? I also have a theory that there is something in Salad Express bagged salads that make me sick. I have been lazy with regard to chopping my own veggies lately and having these salad kits for lunch but I noticed that after a few days of eating them I don't feel well - so I think there may be a preservative or something in them that doesn't agree with me. Interestingly, the Wegmans versions don't bother me. Needless to say I will be chopping my own veggies up from now on...

Anyway, so no extra activity for yesterday but today was:

Jessica Smith - Body Balance - Sole Sculpt - this was the alternate for Total Body from WS 1.0.

Jessica Valent - Herniated Disc routine - this is my PT for today.

Summer Breeze - I am feeling quite tempted by MR's offer. It may be nice to do during the summer when there is more opportunity for outdoor walks plus, as you said, low dread, short workouts. Honestly, I can fit them in at lunch while working from home.

Waves, Pat, Gypsy Rose and Christina!

Donna
Old 04-22-21, 08:59 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Last night I showed my DVDs some love and concocted a nice little workout cocktail:

~ Ellen's WW 10 minute walk;
~ Kathy Smith Ageless arms workout;
~ Winsor Lower Body "Lift and Firm Glute" (yep just one)
~ 5,000 steps for the day

Summer Breeze, how did your weather turn out? Ours was crazy, every time you looked out the window something else going by. Hoorah on your 100 KB swings! And nice walk with DS.

Donna you can definitely have reactions for a few days after the shot. DH felt his worst about four days later. Let us know what you decide! Hope you feel better soon.

Have a great day!
Old 04-22-21, 09:12 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

I never did add on anything after yesterday's morning walk. I am planning a walk today but it's quite chilly and breezy out there so we'll see.

DONNA, I hope you're feeling better today. I bought a pre-made salad at the grocery store last summer and wound up with some fever, chills and diarrhea. DH at the time thought it was food poisoning. I got the vaccine a week ago and I'm still feeling more than usual tiredness. I hope this MR talk gets me to actually do some of the workouts. The streaming is fun.

PAT, nice cocktail mix of workouts. We were in the 70s yesterday morning when we walked then some heavy t-storms came in the afternoon and we were in 40s after that! Crazy!

Waves to all. Have a great day!

Tags
jim fixx