Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-20-21, 01:29 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hello Ladies,

I did Cathe's Perfect Pump (Upper Body) today! She uses tubing with dumbbells which is a nice way to get some extra pump and tension on the muscle. Music in this series (Perfect 30) is obnoxiously terrible. But, workout is pretty good, though I often have to pause getting into position for exercises on the bench step. I also added Lee's Day's 25 & 26 (almost there with the 30 Day Challenge!) Woo-hoo! And, speaking of woo (factor) I attempted to continue with Marisa's Six Healing Sounds. Re-did Lungs, and added Kidneys. Thankfully, these are very short segments! But, honestly this is the most new age program I've seen/done (besides Kundalini yoga.) It's one thing to do Qi Gong and just massage or tap an area on the body, or do gentle movements with arms and legs, etc. But, Marisa does weird mental stuff. "Look inside the body....yada yada. Clear negative emotions....yada yada." This is more of a seated meditation and I like my "meditation" to be God centered and Christ focused. So, will probably try a few of the other organ sessions with their sounds...just out of curiosity. And, then I'll be sending this DVD back. Not for me, at all!

Hope everyone is well (wishiwasinhawaii and Liz) and work for you both is easing up a bit!

Have a nice day all!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 09:06 PM  
Leonana

Today was Goodwill. We went to three, so three hours of standing and walking around. I found another 30 MTF KCM, Body Shop. Then I realized I'm not doing the other one I found, Strength and Stamina. KCM moves a bit too fast for me. So, I'm putting it on Share the Wealth. Along with The Firm Body Sculpting. However, I found a Crunch Pilates Ellen Barrett, Burn & Firm, the Aqua one. I used to have the green one, Fat Burning. I wish I had kept it! But maybe I will find it at Goodwill! I also picked up two one pound dumbbells for about $3.75 for the pair. I never use my 2 and 3's, so I probably don't need these, but I had to have them, lol.

Today's schedule was 360 Abs. I did that one in the evening. I skipped most of the floor ab work, but still did about 25 minutes of the workout. I am enjoying WS1 so much. I've always done some of the workouts over the years, but only did the rotation when it first came out. Now I'm wondering why! It's the right level for me, I have so much more energy, and I think I'm still getting more definition from the toning.

Donna, I'm glad you had a good exercise day. How is the ab work in 360 abs different from Pilates Abs? I do the Pilates 100 frequently, that one doesn't bother my lower back. However, I thought Pilates ab work was similar to Jessica's. I'm always interested in learning new moves that might work with my back.

Pam, the woo doesn't bother me too much if the movement is good. But just making sounds does sound a little strange. Even though my logical brain tells me it doesn't really mean anything, the Christian side of my brain gets a little nervous!
Old 04-21-21, 07:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I went back to the Jessica Smith WS 1.0, Phase II Rotation (w/ modifications by me!) today! I have two weeks left and I would like to finish it out. it is a good rotation with a lot of variety- it can easily be made into a generic template.

Anyway, today was:

Jessica Smith - 6 Mile Mix - Steady Burn Mile & Speed Walk mile - this was a substitute for Interval Max on the Phase II rotation.

Jessica Valent - Hip and Hamstring Release

Yesterday I went on a short walk, too.

We are supposed to have some crazy weather changes today w/ temps dropping 20-30 degrees

Sherry - it looks like we are on the same page w/ Jessica's rotation! LOL! re: KCM, I have tried to like her stuff over the years, but it really isn't for me either - I prefer slower moving workouts so I can check my form. Ellen's workout may be on You Tube - you can check for it. I think Jessica does some Pilates type exercises, but I prefer the stretching and stabilizing in Pilates. You could possibly do some Pilates exercises by leaving out the ab curl - for moves where your legs are up in the air you could always modify by keeping one leg on the floor.

Nice work, Pam. I agree - I have a limit on that type of talk in my workouts, too!

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii and Liz!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-21, 01:13 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Cathe's Gym Style Legs premix! Great workout and around the 30 minute time-frame I like! Also, added Lee's Qi Gong (Days 27 & 28!) I may start his 30 Day Challenge again, I've enjoyed it so much! So easy to add on 7 minutes at a time, or string multiple workouts together when I'm feeling ache-y break-y.

Have a good day everyone!

Current Rotation:
Old 04-21-21, 11:34 PM  
Leonana

Today was WS1 Lower Body. Once again, I really enjoyed it. It was easier in a way using a chair, but yet harder too. I'm using heavier weights this time around, so that made it more effective too. I feel like I'm getting more toning from WS1 than Lift and Shift. However, my eating has been good lately, so that's probably the real reason. The only struggle I have is that my workout space is too small. Jessica uses a large round area, but I have a narrow rectangular area. I have to move the chair around, then miss the first two or three reps.

I did post in the JS FB group that I did Lift and Shift for four weeks, and had stopped. After reading their comments, I think I will start the program again in June, but give myself two recovery days in between the strength workouts. That's the modification I hadn't tried, so I'd like to give it a go again. One thing I do miss from Lift and Shift is that I slept so much better. Probably because I was exhausted, lol.

Donna, thanks for the ab tips. I think I'll check out some Pilates You Tube videos for comparison.

Pam, I'm glad you are enjoying Cathe. Lee's dvd sounds good, especially at 7 minutes. It sounds easy to add in.
Old 04-22-21, 07:02 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I've been very busy this week and just haven't had a chance to post, but I just wanted to check in briefly. My boss is catching up after being out due to her father's death, so I've been busy for that reason and we also have a lot of meetings this week. I have been keeping up with my Total Gym workouts and was walking outside until the weather suddenly became much colder yesterday.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 04-22-21, 07:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I ended up feeling really off - headache, queasy, brain fog- is my body still processing the COVID vaccine? Or is it totally unrelated? I also have a theory that there is something in Salad Express bagged salads that make me sick. I have been lazy with regard to chopping my own veggies lately and having them for lunch but I noticed that after a few days of eating them I don't feel well - so I think there may be a preservative or something in them that doesn't agree with me. Interestingly, the Wegmans versions don't bother me. Needless to say I will be chopping my own veggies up from now on...

Anyway, so no extra activity for yesterday but today was:

Jessica Smith - Body Balance - Sole Sculpt - this was the alternate for Total Body from WS 1.0.

Jessica Valent - Herniated Disc routine - this is my PT for today.

Sherry - I think that is a good idea about how to approach Lift & Shift. I was looking at some of Jessica's other rotations on her site that I may want to do....

wishiwasinhawaii - this has been a bit of a crazy week for me, too!! EEK!

Pam - nice work w/ Cathe!!

Waves, Liz!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 04-22-21, 02:45 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I finished up the last two days of Lee's 30 Day Challenge! So glad I did this DVD, finally after having it and not able to get started with it. I'd pick it up and start and stop, so was doing the same few days over and over, LOL. It's such a feel good workout. I used to do a lot of Classical Stretch and those were also feel good workouts, but Qi Gong is even better, IMO.

Today, I also finished up with Marisa's Six Healing Sounds, doing the Heart, Spleen and Triple Warmer sounds last. She has you repeat the sounds three times for each focus. If I'd actually paid any attention to the description of this workout, I wouldn't have ordered in the first place. It's more of a visualization and mediation seated practice, so more mind/body connection without too much physicality or movement. I honestly thought forming sounds and repetition of sounds would help with my Bell's Palsy, which is one reason I made the purchase. I just need to get a workbook of some of kind and start pronouncing and sounding out words, like I'm learning them for the first time. Just to free up the tension and tightness in my face and jaw area. Oh well....

I also added Lee's Qi Gong for Seniors workout, which I've had for a while and have never done. I bought this for my mom thinking she would like the seated Qi Gong exercises, but she never even tried it. And, when I pulled it out today, I thought it was going to be done all seated (with Karen Holden & Lee.) I didn't realize there was a separate stand alone standing routine with Lee by himself (and this was wonderful and so relaxing!) Loved all 30 minutes of it!

Donna, sorry you weren't feeling well yesterday! Hope you're back to normal today!

Boy, I'm long winded today! Take care, everyone!

Current Rotation:
Old 04-22-21, 10:10 PM  
Leonana

Just an hour of volunteer filing today. I didn't feel well today, so no workout. Last night, I had an upset stomach, and had it all day today too, with a mild headache. I'm feeling better this evening. I thought maybe it was due to the dinner I made, but dh had no problems. I chalked it up to stress making my stomach acidic. I have my second vaccination this Saturday, and was worried about missing it, but I'm feeling better this evening.

Today was supposed to be Prehab Routine, so I will do that one tomorrow. I'm glad it's a lighter workout. I have my second vaccination on Saturday at 2:30, so I'm not sure if I should work out in the morning.

Donna, strange but I had similar symptoms. I was worried I was coming down with Covid, as a few people get upset stomachs, and I didn't want to miss my second vaccination. But I'm feeling better this evening. I hope you are feeling better.

wishiwasinhawaii, thanks for checking in. I'm glad you were able to keep up with your Total Gym and walking. I hope work eases up for you soon.

Pam, congrats on finishing the challenge. With my hearing loss, I'm supposed to read aloud to myself to improve my understanding of words. You'd think I'd have time to do it, but I forget every day!
Old 04-23-21, 08:39 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Add me to the list of the blah feeling crowd.

I don't think my symptoms from the day before are from the salad as I feel sick again today....headache, queasy.... I'm thinking it may be allergy/weather related. Everything kind of hit once the weather changed so drastically and that may have upset my sinuses and triggered the headache which triggered the queasy feeling. I woke up last night w/ a headache and took some Tylenol during the night, it was still here this morning, so I tried an Excederin Migraine - my DD takes those for her headaches - and that may be helping.

Gosh, if I'm going to feel hung over, I should at least have tied one on the night before!

Anyway...given the way I felt, today was a light day:

Ellen - Affirmative Flow
Ellen - Quick Tone - this was one of her first workouts on her streaming site, it is 15 min of floor work.

If I feel better later I may try for a walk or a walking workout.

Sherry - that is interesting.....one of my co-workers was out last week w/ what he thought was food poisoning, but I wonder if there isn't a bug going around? Of course, how would we catch it? I mean, I go virtually nowhere.... I just hope it goes away.

Pam - are you able to return the DVD that you purchased? Would massage help?

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii! I have been busy w/ work, too...for good or bad.

Waves, Liz - are you still doing Pahla's workouts? I'm contemplating going back to her for a time, I'm at the point where I wouldn't mind losing some of my pandemic pounds. Of course, I know that it is more about eating than exercise...but Pahla's talks are motivating to me to stick w/ eating and water drinking goals, too.

Hope everyone has a happy Friday!

Donna

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy