Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-18-21, 06:06 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of April 18

Well, I've been up since 3 a.m. so I figured I might as well get a new thread started.

My workout yesterday was a 90-minute walk with DH then Classical Stretch in the afternoon. I was going to do a DVD but my player conked out. DH fixed it for me but he had to go to 3 different stores to find the part he needed.

Cher - The multi-focal lens is to allow you to see both close and far away so I'm not sure that you'd want to have a multi-focal lens in one eye and a regular lens in the other. Is that what the doctor recommended? As far as the mono vision, would you see well enough after surgery to pass a vision test with your weaker eye? I remember an eye doctor once tried to give me 2 different prescriptions for contacts to try the mono vision thing and it drove me crazy. I only lasted one week.

Karjoy - Enjoy the wedding today.

Hi to Vannie and Gibbee. Have a good day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 05:52 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Thanks for starting us off JBliff. Sorry you have been awake since 3. I wish I could think of a suggestion that would help. Do you do some streaming or mostly DVDs?

I had a great time at the wedding. The ceremony was outdoors. The reception was in a barn like structure and was open on 2 sides with excellent ventilation at all times. I sat just with my friends who have been fully vaccinated so did not wear a mask at all times. The other good thing was that most of the people there work in health care and have been fully vaccinated. It was so nice to do something normal for a change.

Cher I hope whatever lenses you get work well for you.

I did a 45 minute interval Peloton run, my first speedwork in a while. Also did a slow 10 minute warmup run.

Waves to Vannie and Gibbee.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 07:32 PM  
Cher

Went for about a 30 minute walk this afternoon.

JBliff - I have had mono-vision contacts for probably 5 years or more. Right eye is for reading and left eye is for distance so I’m used to that. I have never had a problem until this year when my cataract got worse. They assured me I will be seeing better than I have in years. I hope so. They told me I don’t need to spend the extra money for the multi-focal lense. Glad to hear DH fixed your DVD player.

Karen - I’m glad you had a nice time at the wedding. It sounds perfect for right now,
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 05:10 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was X10 hi/lo, circuit blast & low impact segments.

Karjoy - It sounds like it was a very nice and safe wedding. I can't wait until we can live normally again. We will probably go visit DH's parents once we are all vaccinated.

Cher - I bet you're excited about being to see well!

Hi to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 04-20-21, 05:29 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was a quickie....LITE PHA2 one set each exercise premix.

JBliff - I’m excited but nervous about having it done. It really creeps me out thinking about being awake while they do it.

Going for my 2nd vaccine at 12:45 today.

It’s supposed to snow tonight. Ugh!
Old 04-20-21, 07:04 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was MMA Boxing main workout + heavy bag bonus + Total Body Stretching on the ball.

Cher - Hooray on getting your second vaccine dose! I can't believe you're going to get snow. We'll be in the mid 70s today.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 04-20-21, 07:05 AM  
JBliff

Wow, I just saw Cathe's announcement of her new workouts! I'm in
Old 04-20-21, 07:04 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I did a 45 minute treadmill interval workout tonight. It was great. Trying to work on a bit of speed now. Rested yesterday.

Cher even though I have been in health care forever, eye stuff makes me nervous too. I am as blind as a bat, truly. Without contacts I would be lost. You know, a lot of my patients say it is not really that bad being awake during the procedure but it is weird to think of for sure.

I now have more and more patients refusing the vaccine or saying that “are going to wait”. I know we are turning the tide now in this pandemic but everyone needs to step up and get vaccinated. Sigh...

Vannie hope you are doing ok.

Gibbee thinking of you as well.

Off to see about the new Cathe workouts.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-21, 04:59 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Imax 4 step Combos Only premix and LITE Cardio Party Timesaver #1 Calorie Crush premix the LITE Extended Stretch #2.

Doing pretty good after getting my 2nd vaccine yesterday. My arm is sore but not near as sore as the with the 1st vaccine.

JBliff - Yep, we did get snow but at least it only stuck to the grass. The roads are a bit slushy this morning. I will probably get Cathe’s new workouts but need to see what the cost is since I would need those bands and all.

Karen - Thanks for you encouraging thoughts about my eye surgery. I was reading some of papers they make you sign that tell all the things that could happen. I probably shouldn’t read anymore and just sign it.
Old 04-21-21, 06:32 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a walk with DH + PHA3 in the afternoon.

Cher - I'm glad to hear you didn't get too much snow. I am curious to see how much the new workouts will be with the bands. I really don't need another lower body workout but I'll get it anyway just because it's Cathe. Did you get the Pfizer vaccine?

Karjoy
- Isn't it frustrating that so many people don't want to take the vaccine? That just means the rest of us have to always stay vigilant. I read yesterday that Israel is completely reopening and not even requiring masks. I don't know if we'll ever get to that point here with so much resistance.

Hi to Vannie and Gibbee. Have a good day, all.