Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-12-19, 03:39 PM  
IceQueen07

Tracie Long - Studio Series

Never worked out to Tracie Long, seen some clips here and there and was looking at this series for strength and core work. Any opinions on her workouts? I mainly workout to KCM, Cathe and Jessica, looking for a little variety for a bit.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 04:08 PM  
alisoncooks

I recently bought all the Core Movements and the first Metabolic strength (impulse buy, see my FOMO thread, haha). They looked promising because a lot of the loop work I recognized from physical therapy.

But I can't really give much feedback -- I'm not able to use them because I'm having wrist/ankle issues. (I put them up for trade/VF Roost if you decided to pursue them.)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 03:29 AM  
IceQueen07

No opinions on this one?

**Candice**
Old 09-13-19, 07:23 AM  
buffmama

Her core workouts are total body and some have a stretch as one of the workouts. Each of her Metabolic Strength workouts seem to have a slightly different focus. She focuses on large muscles and likes endurance work for the legs. Her total body strength are much easier to fit into a week with other workouts. A lot of her stuff is AWT. I find her very easy to tolerate, lots of form cues, and nothing too fast, all controlled movements. I feel like my time with Tracie is well spent but I tend to go through a bout of her workouts all at once rather than mixing her in. I'll be adding in her Grand Totals next week though thanks to your question!
Old 09-13-19, 07:53 AM  
bubbles76

Agree completely with Buffmama. I like Tracey's Grand Totals and Metabolic Conditioning workouts a bit more than the Core one I tried. The Core ones just seemed hard to fit in, and the exercises in the Core ones are sprinkled throughout her other dvds in the studio series. If you have the Stronger Longers though, to me, there is no real reason to invest in the Studio workouts. Unless you just like the variety, love Tracey, and want shorter workout options. I would say just pick one Metabolic dvd, one Core dvd, and one Grand Total.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 03:33 PM  
IceQueen07

Thank you

**Candice**
Old 09-13-19, 06:11 PM  
counterclockwise

I love the Metabolic Strength (the strength focused ones a bit more than the cardio focused ones) and Grand Total workouts. I like that you can use heavy weights, and that the plyo isn’t crazy, and the pace is good. She can kill you with plank and push-up work, but I need more of that in my life and it’s all modifiable.

I feel like these are some of her best workouts and are better than her past offerings. Mostly good music too, although I wish it were louder.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-19, 06:50 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I really like the grand total dvd(s). I think these are some of her best.
Grand Total Vol 1 had a step workout that I thought was fun, got my heart rate up, and... did not kill me. I think I used a lower step for some of the moves that were quicker. I think the studio series is well thought out. It seemed to be more of Tracie's newer ideas that combine wts that have kettle bell type moves without the kettle bell and nice range of motion. Some of them seem too easy and others seemed more intense.
I liked the Grand Total and Metabolic Strength more than core but I do have them all.

Tags
tracie long