Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-01-20, 01:35 AM  
YogaGal

Kundalini Yoga for 2020, 4th Quarter: October through December!

"My breath exists only in the present moment, never in the past or in the future."
~ Judith Hanson Lasater

We’re entering the final stretch of what has been a long and chaotic year for most everyone. Hopefully, we are trying to look for the Good Things that happen along the way and are rolling with changes like working from home and wearing masks when we are around people outside our homes. We can rely on our Breath and our Yoga Practice to keep us a bit calmer and more grounded.

This is a check-in thread for anyone who is trying to add regular Kundalini yoga to their lives (either as a sole form of exercise or along with other types of exercise). It doesn't matter if you're doing it with dvds, on your own, in live classes, etc. Anyone that wants to try adding regular kundalini to help achieve their goals of fitness, health and well-being is welcome (as well as those who are just interested in the possibility).

Sat Nam!
Old 10-27-20, 01:16 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Finally checking in!!!! Yesterday I was looking for a quick morning yoga on Glo and stumbled upon Kia Miller's Morning Kundalini. It was mostly lying on the back making pumping motions with the legs, then seated BOF with various arm positions. It caused me to have energy during the day.

I haven't worked out with Kia in quite some time.

I hope everyone is doing well!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-20, 06:03 PM  
YogaGal

I haven't done nearly as much yoga as I usually do and as I NEED to do during November. I have done a few of Sarah Beth's short hatha practices which are good to relief stress, tension, and stiffness. Then on Tuesday I popped in RaviAna's House Call for the Inflammation Relief set which is short but sweet.

This morning I did the Hip Opening Set from Bliss Hips which was great for my tight hips--loved the double pigeon and the lunges!

Hope everyone is mainly successful in avoiding the covid malaise and brain fog that is so prevalent now. I'm still working from home and getting pretty used to it. Thanksgiving this year will be me and DH at home. Maybe we'll go out for a bike ride to celebrate our beautiful fall weather after all of the record setting high temps this past summer.

Pat: Thanks for checking in with your Kia Miller Kundalini. I need to get back to some of the practices on Mariya's youtube channel; I enjoy her setting and her accent as much as the yoga.
Old 11-20-20, 08:58 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

The prodigal daughter returns! I needed a change from my workout routine - which has admittedly gotten very drab with the return of dark days. I reached for Quick Fixes and did the Power Surge Warm-Ups and Delete Depression, which seemed appropriate.

Carolyn, yep I have a wicked case of the COVID blues. I didn't attribute my brain fog and fatigue to it but now that you mention it .....

I'm trying to come up with a plan for this extremely off kilter Thanksgiving next week. DS will visit for an outdoor walk but said he is not setting foot in the house out fear of infecting the old geezers, so I'm trying to come up with a meal I can hand out the door to him.

This morning I mediated on the things I have to be grateful for. There are so many people suffering loss and hardship, my inconveniences and sadnesses are insignificant in comparison. I let some memories of the fun times swirl around me. I plan to blog about it, it's been a while.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote