Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-23, 07:54 AM  
Rhonda

P.Volve

I know people have talked about this training previously but wondered if anyone is using this method and if it is something good to invest in? I know they have free workouts to try and I did a short one and liked it.

I need to try workouts that are not so hard on the body. I have had aches and pains that don't want to go away and thinking it could be the way I am training and have trained for years. My body isn't liking it anymore.

If not this program, is there one that you like that is gentler on the body but still gives results. Meaning toning and strengthening.

(I am not an essentrics fan, have tried multiple times and just cannot get into it)

Thanks!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-23, 11:04 AM  
Leonana

I don’t know anything about Pvolve, but I have a couple of suggestions.

I like Jules YouTube channel called Improved Health. She has workouts for seniors and beginners, but they can be made more challenging by upping your weights. She doesn’t have a lot of strength only workouts, she usually combines cardio with strength. But I like the strength workouts she does have on her channel.

A lot of people like Lauren at Senior Shape.

You could try alternating more challenging workouts with less intense ones. That’s what I do to combat the stiffness and soreness.
Old 10-18-23, 11:12 AM  
alisoncooks

I have been interested in PVolve in the past, off and on. Every time I think “nah” and then another ad pops up to catch my interest.

The thing that always steers me away is how fiddly and fussy it seems. Like, dependent on very specific movements or angles to work properly. Idk, maybe I’m reading too much into the previews. I do like how they’ve seemed to shift away from the vanity aspects and to more wellness and rehab.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-23, 12:40 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

There's quite a few free 30 min workouts on P.Volve's youtube channel.

last year, i purchased the copycat versions of the equipment from Walmart. if you're OK with bright pink and turquoise, the equipment is pretty good. i haven't had a chance to really use all of the equipment because we're in the middle of a remodeling project and it's packed away.

i did try the P3-like gadget which reminds me a lot of Billy Bands, BeachBody's Body Gospel bands, and Leslie's "Booster Cables" from her Eat-Walk-Lose set, the bands that go around your feet.

here's the VF thread from the Bargain Forum that VFer Samantha-Kitty started discussing the "HomeGym" versions at Walmart:

P.volve signature equipment dupes at Walmart

I checked out the real-deal P.Volve sales. They give really good discounts to teachers, and have many periodic sales throughout the year. i came really close to joining and buying from them. I also saw a Facebook seller selling their equipment, but it sold out pretty fast.

Lannette might post - she's a P.Volve expert and as a nurse, she was able to get a practitioner discount. Click on the p.volve tag at the bottom to see other threads about p.volve.

Jennifer Anniston uses the P.Volve system.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-23, 02:44 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Jennifer Anniston uses the P.Volve system.
She uses a few systems lol! I wouldn't be surprised if she was a VFer
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-23, 07:00 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Lannette might post - she's a P.Volve expert and as a nurse, she was able to get a practitioner discount. Click on the p.volve tag at the bottom to see other threads about p.volve.
I’m far from a Pvolve expert. I’m actually not even currently a member. I did use the method faithfully for about 11 months.They did give me a 30% discount. I did buy the full set of equipment and still enjoy using it. I have all of their old DVDs and the newer ones that are now harder to find. Bzar is right about their YouTube channel. Plenty of gold to mine there.

I really enjoyed their streaming rehab series. The exercise plans were made in conjunction with a Doctor of Physical Therapy. I did pretty much every therapy plan they offered and benefited greatly from them.

I got hung up progressing from those workouts to more advanced workouts. I requested guidance and really wasn’t given any concrete explanations. The trainers were great and one trainer even provided a month long personalized rotation. Unfortunately it didn’t work for me. I found it unbalanced and it made it really difficult to add in non-Pvolve workouts. It could have been me thinking too linearly but my body didn’t feel happy either. I’m an older bird at 68 and maybe I’m too stuck in my ways.

The thing that made me question resubscribing was that for the year I was subscribed my subscription read as though it would renew at the discounted rate. “Will renew on xx/xx/xxxx at $xx.xx.” About a month before my renewal date I happened to check it and they had raised the rate without telling me. Had I not checked I would’ve been charged the higher rate without warning. It’s not that I couldn’t or wouldn’t pay more. I just think that an email might have been nice. So by all means subscribe but watch your renewal.

The Jennifer Aniston thing makes me smile. Yep, that’s her body. It’s looked like that forever, but she does look nice posing with the equipment.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-23, 06:43 AM  
Rhonda

thanks everyone for the replies. I agree I don't think Jennifer has changed in the last 20-30 years.

I will look at the you tube channel, as I don't need more equipment and I have thought about it, even though it looks good how often would I use it considering I have a couple other subscriptions that I jumped on and really shouldn't have as I haven't used them as much as I was hoping.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-23, 11:52 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post

The Jennifer Aniston thing makes me smile. Yep, that’s her body. It’s looked like that forever, but she does look nice posing with the equipment.
This! Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could look that way from only one method, and forgo the sometimes not-so-fun things like mindful healthy eating, etc? We can probably mention the "D" word now, Lol.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-23, 01:11 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
thanks everyone for the replies. I agree I don't think Jennifer has changed in the last 20-30 years.

I will look at the you tube channel, as I don't need more equipment and I have thought about it, even though it looks good how often would I use it considering I have a couple other subscriptions that I jumped on and really shouldn't have as I haven't used them as much as I was hoping.
the 3 pieces of equipment I purchased, if I had to describe them, are
(1) short length resistance band with gloves on each end
(2) ball with leg straps that you squeeze between your thighs.
(3) "P3" which look and behave like Billy Bands (vertically strapped to each foot) that includes a 1.5# single ball on one of the bands and handle on the 2nd band. Each band is separate, so you can use one band or both at a time.

of the above, the last one might be difficult to replicate. I have Body Gospel cables, but the band was very low/beginner resistance.

I agree about Jennifer that she has looked the same all these years, just thought i would mention it because VFers might have missed the part that she was posing with P.Volve gadgets in the "random" pop-ups that were showing up around the web.

Endorsement reminds me of the Total Gym with Chuck Norris and Christie Brinkley - they were already like the way they are due to hard work and discipline!

I do love that Jennifer has a strong sense of self regardless of whatever flavor of the month that might be happening. That part has stayed consistent all these years, which counts for about 99% of it.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-23, 06:45 AM  
katmom

If anyone lives in the Nashville TN area, I have Pvolve equipment I have never used. I purchased it just prior to the pandemic because I thought this was the route I might need to take following a surgery.

I ended up using Lauren's Senior Shape Fitness on YouTube and some Jessica Smith workouts to get me past my recovery period.

Tags
jennifer anniston, p volve, p.volve, pvolve